Crystalsky 2 was coming?
3120 10 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

I saw this on a Twitter post: Tech spec of upcoming CrystalSky 2 is now crystal clear.
CPU: RockChips RK3399 hexa core A53 at 1.8GHz in 64-bit
GPU: ARM Mali-T864
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
Screen: same as original CrystalSky, with Rec.2020 support.
Wireless connection: 802.11b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth (new)

https://dronereviewsandnews.com/dji-rumor-is-a-crystalsky-2-coming/
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Sascha.ES. Thank you for reaching out and for the link you have shared with us. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2019-4-24
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

There's been lots of talk and rumours about the Crystalsky 2. it makes sense. Probably based around there new smart controller. The original has felt old slow and unloved for a long time, neglected by DJI. Will I buy the New Crystalsky 2 ?     HELL NO, I LEARNT MY LESSON THE FIRST TIME AROUND.
2019-4-24
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Donkey Posted at 4-24 12:59
There's been lots of talk and rumours about the Crystalsky 2. it makes sense. Probably based around there new smart controller. The original has felt old slow and unloved for a long time, neglected by DJI. Will I buy the New Crystalsky 2 ?     HELL NO, I LEARNT MY LESSON THE FIRST TIME AROUND.

Yeah, same... I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same, so experience, coupled with reputation and steering potential buyers away from CrystalSky/Smart Controller, they wont sucker.. umm, sell too many to people....
Get a Galaxy S9/S10 for the UAV, just as bright as the 1000nit, similar price but the App is updated way way more frequently.
2019-4-24
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

I also don't know any real reason to change the CS in the professional area. Sure, a new Android, a bit more modern software design would be nice, but otherwise I would say better, continues working on CS 1 and fixes the teething troubles there.
2019-4-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 4-24 12:59

If there is a CrystalSky 2, every owner of a CrystalSky original should get CS2 at DJI's cost with Trade-In.  If a person has had more than two CS fail, then person should get a CS2 for free with Trade-In.
2019-4-26
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I feel quite lucky as I have not experienced any issues with my CS 5.5 really.

My biggest issue with the current 5.5 CS is the inability to correctly calibrate the compass inside it. The thing allows me to rotate it horizontally and it seems happy, the other way ?  NAAaaaaa !

Usually beeps 'Success' immediately as soon as i try to start turning it in the other direction which isn't right for sure. Once the widget is up on screen the 'N' indicator is flapping about all over the place.

Really annoying so it is. Surely the compass built in has to be incompatible in some way.

IF a Crystalsky 2 did come out, would I invest in it  ???  I would wait a long time on this, firstly to find out what the issues were from the poor guinea pigs who jumped in first, and, see how DJI reacts
to issues which need sorting out....Hmmmmmmm !  

Regards
Paul
2019-4-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SCAMBO-1 Posted at 4-27 00:45
I feel quite lucky as I have not experienced any issues with my CS 5.5 really.

My biggest issue with the current 5.5 CS is the inability to correctly calibrate the compass inside it. The thing allows me to rotate it horizontally and it seems happy, the other way ?  NAAaaaaa !

Once the widget is up on screen the 'N' indicator is flapping about all over the place.

That is a new way of putting it.  Thanks for chuckles!

2019-4-27
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

The only reason I could understand at the moment would be the double development of the updates for the apps of DJI. If the Crystal Sky 2 and the Smart Controller have the same hardware and software base, the updates would only have to be rewritten for one system in the future. On the other hand, DJI should have to continue to update their system, the old Crystalsky 1, so I don't see any point in releasing a new model right now.
2019-4-27
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

LOL @ HedgeTrimmer

I'm glad you were amused, make someone smile at least once a day and it's been a good day

Here's another one for you......

"Once the widget is up on screen the 'N' indicator is flapping about like beef curtains in a brothel"

2019-4-29
Use props
MattMo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1226608 ft
France

CS 1 has been a very solid product for me, and generated a considerable amount of money. Everything works as it should, and I've used it from Tahiti to South Korea to USA etc. I'm not sure what a CS2 would be but for now I'm extremely happy with mine.
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules