Smart Controller vs Original Controller charger question?
1421 9 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having purchased my Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller as a bundle I now have a standard controller on the way and I was wondering whether i can use my Smart Controller charger to charge the original controller or is it a different charger and/or cable for each controller type?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. I'm afriad but the Smart Controller uses USB-C to charge while the normal RC uses Micro-USB. So basically you can't use the same charger to both of them. You can use instead a normal Micro-USB cable to charge the normal RC. Thank you for understanding and have a good one!
2019-4-24
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

The two chargers output different voltages.

You already have the charger for original RC, it's the same one you use to charge AC batteries.
2019-4-25
Use props
Not A Speck Of Cereal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Glyn, just curious: if you bought the bundle with the SC, why are you getting the STD controller? I'm trying to decide if I should get the bundle or not.
2019-4-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Corvus monedula Posted at 4-25 04:11
The two chargers output different voltages.

You already have the charger for original RC, it's the same one you use to charge AC batteries.

Thanks for the reply Cm but as I said I bought the M2P with the Smart Controller bundle so although I might have the original charger that charges the batteries I will now need to go buy a USB-A>USB-A cable so I can plug into the standard remote controller that just arrived.

-=Glyn=-

2019-4-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not A Speck Of Cereal Posted at 4-25 18:14
Glyn, just curious: if you bought the bundle with the SC, why are you getting the STD controller? I'm trying to decide if I should get the bundle or not.

I love the Smart Controller apart from a few annoying bugs such as not being able to logon to YouTube to Livestream, the recently introduced date bug and the fact that the latest .0530 update failed twice this morning and so won't update the Smart Controller!

I only bought it for the Dual Controller update as it was so much cheaper than buying another Smart Controller!

Hope that helps?

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 13:57
Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. I'm afriad but the Smart Controller uses USB-C to charge while the normal RC uses Micro-USB. So basically you can't use the same charger to both of them. You can use instead a normal Micro-USB cable to charge the normal RC. Thank you for understanding and have a good one!

You know when I read this yesterday I could have sworn you said it had a USB-C cable and I could charge it with my existing Smart Controller charger?

I looked and obviously it doesn’t so I will have to buy a suitable cable I guess...

Must be getting senile in my old age!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

GlynH Posted at 4-25 23:09
Thanks for the reply Cm but as I said I bought the M2P with the Smart Controller bundle so although I might have the original charger that charges the batteries I will now need to go buy a USB-A>USB-A cable so I can plug into the standard remote controller that just arrived.

-=Glyn=-

You have everything you need to charge the original RC.

Dedicated charging cable is built into the battery charger.
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fantastic! Thanks Cm.

Having only ever used the supplied charger connected to the charging hub with the large battery connector I had totally forgotten about the attached cable hidden in the side of the charger!

Even when I looked just now the connectors looked different...the already fitted lightning cable looked flat on both ends and the charger had two angled corners like Micro USB although it was a good fit.

I had also found a small black adaptor in a sealed bag supplied with the standard controller so I had started to use my existing USB-C>USB-A cable to update and charge it as much as I hate using adaptors of any kind!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GlynH Posted at 4-26 01:47
You know when I read this yesterday I could have sworn you said it had a USB-C cable and I could charge it with my existing Smart Controller charger?

I looked and obviously it doesn’t so I will have to buy a suitable cable I guess...

You're very much welcome.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules