What do you use the two customisable buttons on the RC for?
9056 9 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

There are 2 customisable buttons on the Spark RC, shown as C1 & C2 in the pic below. Users can select from a list of options to customise these buttons as per their requirement. So what do you use these buttons for? Please select 2 options.

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 9 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

18.75% (3)
12.50% (2)
25.00% (4)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
18.75% (3)
18.75% (3)
0.00% (0)
6.25% (1)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges

Spark RC

Spark RC
2019-4-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take off/landing if I'm using palm launch/land or advanced camera settings + camera forward/down
2019-4-25
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

A J Posted at 4-25 15:23
Take off/landing if I'm using palm launch/land or advanced camera settings + camera forward/down

Interesting. Not trying to argue or challenge your selection, but what purpose does opening camera settings with a physical button serve? Don't you have to use the touch screen anyway to change any setting? I similarly don't understand why anyone would want a physical button on the RC to open the list of Intelligent flight modes. You anyway have to select a particular flight mode, select the subject, select speed/altitude/direction settings and then hit GO on the touchscreen after activating the menu with your customised button. Am I missing something here?
I use AE lock/unlock in addition to the most obvious camera forward/down. The  reason I use AE lock/unlock is that it lets me leave the camera on Auto mode. I can then compose my scene and lock exposure just at the click of a button to start filming.
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-25 16:02
Interesting. Not trying to argue or challenge your selection, but what purpose does opening camera settings with a physical button serve? Don't you have to use the touch screen anyway to change any setting? I similarly don't understand why anyone would want a physical button on the RC to open the list of Intelligent flight modes. You anyway have to select a particular flight mode, select the subject, select speed/altitude/direction settings and then hit GO on the touchscreen after activating the menu with your customised button. Am I missing something here?
I use AE lock/unlock in addition to the most obvious camera forward/down. The  reason I use AE lock/unlock is that it lets me leave the camera on Auto mode. I can then compose my scene and lock exposure just at the click of a button to start filming.

It's all about convenience - I do a lot of work in manual camera settings and pressing one of the custom buttons brings up the slider and camera options instantly rather than bringing the hand up to tap the screen then changing the settings. AE lock can also be switched with a simple tap of the screen too but this is only offered in auto settings that I rarely use.
2019-4-25
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

A J Posted at 4-25 23:00
It's all about convenience - I do a lot of work in manual camera settings and pressing one of the custom buttons brings up the slider and camera options instantly rather than bringing the hand up to tap the screen then changing the settings. AE lock can also be switched with a simple tap of the screen too but this is only offered in auto settings that I rarely use.

But there is a difference - you get camera settings open with the click of a physical button. But you have to touch the screen to make any change. With AE lock/unlock, you just hit the physical button. You don't have to do anything on the touchscreen.
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-25 23:04
But there is a difference - you get camera settings open with the click of a physical button. But you have to touch the screen to make any change. With AE lock/unlock, you just hit the physical button. You don't have to do anything on the touchscreen.

Yeah but we're talking about what, a second or two. It's what is convenient to the flyer. I may wish to increase my shutter speed asap so being able to press a button where my finger tip is already positioned on the RC then simply swipe enables me to focus on the shoot: press a button, bring up the options then raise my hand and one second later I have the perfect shutter speed for that angle to the sun. Without the custom setting I have to raise my hand to the screen, tap the screen which on occasions isn't instant then adjust and during that added couple of seconds my exposure is unaligned. You also can't set AE lock in manual settings so it's irrelevant to me unless I'm using auto.
2019-4-25
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

A J Posted at 4-25 23:14
Yeah but we're talking about what, a second or two. It's what is convenient to the flyer. I may wish to increase my shutter speed asap so being able to press a button where my finger tip is already positioned on the RC then simply swipe enables me to focus on the shoot: press a button, bring up the options then raise my hand and one second later I have the perfect shutter speed for that angle to the sun. Without the custom setting I have to raise my hand to the screen, tap the screen which on occasions isn't instant then adjust and during that added couple of seconds my exposure is unaligned. You also can't set AE lock in manual settings so it's irrelevant to me unless I'm using auto.

Yeah, I get your point now. Everything is related to user preference surely, That's why so many options are there. Cheers!!
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-25 23:18
Yeah, I get your point now. Everything is related to user preference surely, That's why so many options are there. Cheers!!

Indeed - I tend not to use the same settings all the time so it's good to have options. Choose what you feel works best for you for the job in hand.
2019-4-25
Use props
rurouniAUV
New

Vietnam

Follow the a video on FB2Mate, I customized C1 and C2 to turn on/off the head LED's. If you are taking pictures or video in a low light environment you may notice a red glow from the front LEDs. Being able to quickly toggle the lights could come in handy, especially if time is of the essence with your photo-shoot.
2019-6-21
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

rurouniAUV Posted at 6-21 00:00
Follow the a video on FB2Mate, I customized C1 and C2 to turn on/off the head LED's. If you are taking pictures or video in a low light environment you may notice a red glow from the front LEDs. Being able to quickly toggle the lights could come in handy, especially if time is of the essence with your photo-shoot.

Not sure the option to turn off LEDs are available on the Spark. The front LEDs turn off automatically when you start recording video.
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules