Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN S battery not charging
9107 6 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paceline
New
United States

Just opened the brand new box yesterday, and first thing was to charge the grip. I attached the gimbal to the grip and used the provided charging cable, but there was no USB power adaptor to plug it into the wall. (Why on earth was this not provided?) So I used one I had, and it's only charging to 30%, then it seems to turn off.  Only 2 green lights blink, it never goes to 3.
I have a shoot tomorrow and I'm totally disappointed in this.  What is the work around to charge the grip?  I need some assistance asap — thanks!

CJR

2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi CJR, you purchased Ronin-S Essentials Kit version right? If yes, 24W USB Power Adapter is not included, but the Ronin-S supports chargers with the power up to 24W. The fast charging heads that are available on the market and meet the QC standard can also be used for charging. The charging time varies depending on the power of the charger.
Does your adapter meet the requirement? Did you try another adapter?
2019-4-25
Use props
crowdson
New
United States

I bought a new Ronin-S yesterday and plugged it in with the supplied cable and power adapter.  A single green battery light flashes three times then pauses and repeats.  After a couple hours I tried a different cable and same thing.  I was going to start a new thread, but I can't because of this stupid points system (I assume).  Do I have a defective battery or is something else going on?  I was hoping to use it on a shoot tomorrow, but I guess I'm out of luck.
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_fkiJsyPiFr6z
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-25 02:32
Hi CJR, you purchased Ronin-S Essentials Kit version right? If yes, 24W USB Power Adapter is not included, but the Ronin-S supports chargers with the power up to 24W. The fast charging heads that are available on the market and meet the QC standard can also be used for charging. The charging time varies depending on the power of the charger.
Does your adapter meet the requirement? Did you try another adapter?

Why on earth don't you guys sell the 24W adapter? I had to get it on EBAY from the third party seller?? The battery doesn't charge without the 24W adapter and i've been ripping hairs just trying to charging the stupid battery! This is such a waste of time!! No matter how long I charge it with a normal adapter it keeps only 2 green blinking lights and stops at 26% charged - that's it!
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_fkiJsyPiFr6z Posted at 8-7 20:11
Why on earth don't you guys sell the 24W adapter? I had to get it on EBAY from the third party seller?? The battery doesn't charge without the 24W adapter and i've been ripping hairs just trying to charging the stupid battery! This is such a waste of time!! No matter how long I charge it with a normal adapter it keeps only 2 green blinking lights and stops at 26% charged - that's it!

Hello there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, if the charger you purchased cannot charge properly, it is recommended to contact our support www.dji.com/support to see if you could purchase one from our repair center, thank you.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

crowdson Posted at 8-1 14:48
I bought a new Ronin-S yesterday and plugged it in with the supplied cable and power adapter.  A single green battery light flashes three times then pauses and repeats.  After a couple hours I tried a different cable and same thing.  I was going to start a new thread, but I can't because of this stupid points system (I assume).  Do I have a defective battery or is something else going on?  I was hoping to use it on a shoot tomorrow, but I guess I'm out of luck.

Hi crowdson, sorry for the late response and the troubles on charing. Any chance to try another adapter as I posted in 2#? If there is still no luck, it is recommended to send in the charger, charging cables and the Ronin-S for further evaluation. Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2019-8-9
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

The instructions does mention on Page 11" Charge  the  grip  using  the  24W  USB  Power  Adapter  and  USB-C  cable  provided  by  connecting to the USB-C port on the gimbal."  I did not receive the Power Adapter in my kit.  So, is there suppose to be an adapter in the shipped box?  I did use the correct 24W adapter from another DJI product and it charged.
2019-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules