8441 10 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I am going to sell my Mavic Air, what is the procedure to delete all my information and information on my flights from the drone before the change of owner?
Many thanks!
2019-4-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just remove or format the micro sd card and internal storage after you've transferred the files to your computer. The owner will need to have GO4 on their own device with their own DJI account in order to assign the drone to it to fly. However, they will not be able to activate the drone as this can only be done once by the first owner so their MA icon will not show up on here. The initial 12 month warranty will transfer with the drone but will remain from the date of original activation and can not be reset. There is nothing else for you to do except to ensure you have the money before shipping the drone... Flight records are saved to your device under your own DJI account which only you (and may be DJI) can see.
2019-4-25
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Italy

A J Posted at 4-25 03:12
Just remove or format the micro sd card and internal storage after you've transferred the files to your computer. The owner will need to have GO4 on their own device with their own DJI account in order to assign the drone to it to fly. However, they will not be able to activate the drone as this can only be done once by the first owner so their MA icon will not show up on here. The initial 12 month warranty will transfer with the drone but will remain from the date of original activation and can not be reset. There is nothing else for you to do except to ensure you have the money before shipping the drone... Flight records are saved to your device under your own DJI account which only you (and may be DJI) can see.

OK, so it is not necessary to reset the drone. Just remove (in my case) the microSD and restore to default settings.
Thank you!
2019-4-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

A J Posted at 4-25 03:12
Just remove or format the micro sd card and internal storage after you've transferred the files to your computer. The owner will need to have GO4 on their own device with their own DJI account in order to assign the drone to it to fly. However, they will not be able to activate the drone as this can only be done once by the first owner so their MA icon will not show up on here. The initial 12 month warranty will transfer with the drone but will remain from the date of original activation and can not be reset. There is nothing else for you to do except to ensure you have the money before shipping the drone... Flight records are saved to your device under your own DJI account which only you (and may be DJI) can see.

What about the Black box? How many files do it keep?
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ParideM Posted at 4-25 04:29
OK, so it is not necessary to reset the drone. Just remove (in my case) the microSD and restore to default settings.
Thank you!

You're welcome
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 4-25 04:58
What about the Black box? How many files do it keep?

The flight records in the drone can not be removed and I believe the records are infinite but assigned to the SSID of the account of the person flying at that time - the new owner will not have access to personal ID/log in of the previous owner.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ParideM. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would recommend reformatting the SD cards on the DJI Mavic Air and delete the files from the internal storage of your aircraft. On your mobile device, you may factory reset it or simply delete the application if you have no other files that you want to be deleted aside from our official application. Hope that you could get the best recommendation for this inquiry for our valued DJI Co Pilots as well. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

A J Posted at 4-25 06:26
The flight records in the drone can not be removed and I believe the records are infinite but assigned to the SSID of the account of the person flying at that time - the new owner will not have access to personal ID/log in of the previous owner.

Looks like it just hold 30 last flight of over 500.
As it looks to me it not locked at any way with password.
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 4-25 09:24
Looks like it just hold 30 last flight of over 500.
As it looks to me it not locked at any way with password.

It won't be if it's your drone flown on your device under your account. Sell your drone to me and I wont see your details after logging in and connecting it to Assistant 2 on my computer with my DJI account log in details.
2019-4-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

A J Posted at 4-25 09:39
It won't be if it's your drone flown on your device under your account. Sell your drone to me and I wont see your details after logging in and connecting it to Assistant 2 on my computer with my DJI account log in details.

I bought it used and I have to admit it is not on new FW so might not bee the best sample.
I opened it in other PC on different IP not logged in to Assistant and could download
all from Black box and open it in viewer in Assistant, but did not log out of app.
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 4-25 10:11
I bought it used and I have to admit it is not on new FW so might not bee the best sample.
I opened it in other PC on different IP not logged in to Assistant and could download
all from Black box and open it in viewer in Assistant, but did not log out of app.

Good to know
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules