Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PolarPro Grip System
2596 20 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

The PolarPro grip system is available on their store, does anybody have this? Can you give quick review if you do?
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ts/osmo-pocket-grip
2019-4-24
Use props
Jantuut
lvl.2
Netherlands

It`s a shame there is no possibility to place a 18650 battery in the grip to extent recording time.
2019-4-25
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Only if they were able to put trigger button on the grip...
2019-4-25
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

It looks like it doesn't have a shoe mount and also it appears from the pictures that you also need to buy the PolarPro $25 tripod mount to attach the OP to the grip.  I can be wrong.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pol ... 242.p?skuId=6329242
2019-4-25
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Joemar7 Posted at 4-25 05:50
It looks like it doesn't have a shoe mount and also it appears from the pictures that you also need to buy the PolarPro $25 tripod mount to attach the OP to the grip.  I can be wrong.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarpro-shooting-grip/6329242.p?skuId=6329242

It does seem that the tripod mount is necessary. I asked them and said that the grip has 3 screw mounts. What I worry is that the way the pocket must be held using the grip will show up on certain angles on camera.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day andrei193. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI members who uses this accessory for there DJI Osmo Pocket. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-4-25
Use props
Dmaff06
lvl.1
United States

has any one shot with this yet? it looks promising
2019-4-25
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

andrei193 Posted at 4-25 07:07
It does seem that the tripod mount is necessary. I asked them and said that the grip has 3 screw mounts. What I worry is that the way the pocket must be held using the grip will show up on certain angles on camera.

You might be right about the camera angles.  It does look stylish but I don't think it'd be more functional than the other phone brackets already out there, plus it will cost a lot more and it won't fit easily in your pockets.  
2019-4-25
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Joemar7 Posted at 4-25 08:58
You might be right about the camera angles.  It does look stylish but I don't think it'd be more functional than the other phone brackets already out there, plus it will cost a lot more and it won't fit easily in your pockets.

It's not expensive at all considering the fact that you also get a tripod mount (they have updated the page with pictures and details). I am patienty waiting for reviews and their presentation.
2019-4-27
Use props
DarrenG
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 4-25 05:50

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarpro-shooting-grip/6329242.p?skuId=6329242

Why would you need the tripod mount? That’s not required to use this holder.
2019-4-28
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6286 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jantuut Posted at 4-25 02:14
It`s a shame there is no possibility to place a 18650 battery in the grip to extent recording time.

Exactly my thought. With the size of that grip they could have built in a battery.
2019-4-28
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ordered one. It looks like it will be a better solution to the previous one.
2019-4-28
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DarrenG Posted at 4-28 01:16
Why would you need the tripod mount? That’s not required to use this holder.

I am referring to the tripod mount and not the tripod adapter.  The tripod mount is required and is nice to see they updated details in their website where they also include the mount as part of the kit.
2019-4-28
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

2019-4-28
Use props
DJI-FRANK
lvl.2
United States

Nice video review. Tight squeeze to hold the phone. Hate removing iPhone case to use all my DJI products. Could be better with internal extended battery and more side mounts.
2019-4-28
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice review
2019-4-29
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Hi there,
It's funny to see how the elecrtonic industry is taking advantage of miniaturization of electronics components to be able to produce smaller devices.
Then there are other companies that do build useless (at least for me) devices to increase the size of small equipment, with the proposed idea of making it more reliable.

Last week I managed to sell my Osmo Mobile 2 and get the Osmo Pocket (an incredible tiny little device full of technology). Looking around for tips and tricks, I found this thread.
I mean, if you wanted a bigger, camera with a gimble and not much portable, why should you get an Osmo pocket and let it grow again to a bigger transformers handheld device??
Buy directly something bigger and then try to squeeze it in some backpack. LOL.

Osmo Pocket nude is my choice all the time.
2019-4-29
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

andrei193 Posted at 4-28 11:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSc5f6wuMZs&fbclid=IwAR1sNsVOSN8iCEQ1VRUAMKPX9Az2p1b3zGuQs9uRPsSqc4Rk_V5u1gpJZS8

Thanks for sharing this video. It has really shown me what to expect when mine arrived.

Don’t worry, I too own the tripod mount and will have 2 when this arrives. Actually, I have quite a few tripod mounts. Most I like more than this one.
2019-4-29
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for sharing this video. It has really shown me what to expect when mine arrives.

Don’t worry, I too own the tripod mount and will have 2 when this arrives. Actually, I have quite a few tripod mounts. Most I like more than this one.
2019-4-29
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Mars5150 Posted at 4-29 04:35
Hi there,
It's funny to see how the elecrtonic industry is taking advantage of miniaturization of electronics components to be able to produce smaller devices.
Then there are other companies that do build useless (at least for me) devices to increase the size of small equipment, with the proposed idea of making it more reliable.

Well a simple answer for wanting these accesories that make the product bigger is ... actually you said it yourself ... CHOICE. I can choose to just use it like it is, and when I need something more complex, add on it and use it that way. There are a lot more advantages, wich I will not detail here, about not choosing a bigger camera in the first place.
2019-4-29
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I like this grip especially after watching that video. The key feature in my opinion is that the OP is fastened to the grip so it won't come loose and fall out. And the 2nd major feature is that when you fasten in the OP, it is perfectly aligned for the insertion of the phone. I have another phone holder from PGY-TECH and the OP isn't held in so securely, especially if you decide to use the holder without a phone for like mounting a  microphone only. I ordered one.
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules