Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Smart Controller Firmware Released (2019/04/25)
1234Next >
24871 155 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.04.25
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0530
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.3.0
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8

What’s New?
  • Added Aircraft Management under settings. Once connected to the Smart Controller, an aircraft can be added and managed in Aircraft Management. Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Enterprise, and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual are supported.
  • Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
  • Added a warning prompt if the compass of the remote controller requires calibration. Users can also now check the status of the compass under settings.
  • Added an option to set the external microSD card as the default storage location.
  • Added Camera Lock. Once enabled, if users press the focus/shutter or record button when DJI GO 4 is not running or is running in the background, no photo will be taken or video will be recorded.
  • Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
  • Optimized DJI GO Share. Any photo or video stored in the GO Share folder of the microSD card root directory can be shared to a mobile device using DJI GO Share.
  • Updated DJI GO 4 to v4.3.16.

Notes:
  • This firmware version contains important updates, and the Smart Controller can only be updated to this firmware version via DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in the System Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.

2019-4-25
Use props
Dronie2
Captain
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Thank you.
2019-4-25
Use props
Corvus monedula
First Officer
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

So, basically, we – non-windows users – are locked away and will not be able to update?
2019-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Corvus monedula Posted at 4-25 08:36
So, basically, we – non-windows users – are locked away and will not be able to update?

Are you a Mac user?  If so, just make sure to download the Mac version of Assistant 2 v2.0.8.
2019-4-25
Use props
Trailkill
First Officer
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok I'm lucky the update worked fine. But does anyone have the Pilot app installed and working? I downloaded the Android APK from DJI website. When I try to install it , it fails and says the file is corrupt.
I've tried it several times. I'm assuming the posted Android version is not compatible with the Smart Controller and now we need to wait for an update for that.

Thanks
TK
2019-4-25
Use props
Tempostudio
Captain
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

In the google play there is no DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16 for smartphone Android.
2019-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Trailkill Posted at 4-25 09:13
Ok I'm lucky the update worked fine. But does anyone have the Pilot app installed and working? I downloaded the Android APK from DJI website. When I try to install it , it fails and says the file is corrupt.
I've tried it several times. I'm assuming the posted Android version is not compatible with the Smart Controller and now we need to wait for an update for that.

Are you wanting to use the Pilot app with your M2Z instead of the M2E or M2ED?  It appears to be a bit odd how they've implemented it.  It looks like if you link to an M2Z/M2P, it only shows you the DJI Go 4 app.  But if you link to an M2E/M2ED, it only shows you the DJI Pilot app.  Not sure why they didn't just do the same sort of implementation as they had on the CrystalSky where you can see both and choose yourself appropriately.  
2019-4-25
Use props
Corvus monedula
First Officer
Ukraine

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 08:55
Are you a Mac user?  If so, just make sure to download the Mac version of Assistant 2 v2.0.8.

Of course not.
2019-4-25
Use props
Trailkill
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 09:44
Are you wanting to use the Pilot app with your M2Z instead of the M2E or M2ED?  It appears to be a bit odd how they've implemented it.  It looks like if you link to an M2Z/M2P, it only shows you the DJI Go 4 app.  But if you link to an M2E/M2ED, it only shows you the DJI Pilot app.  Not sure why they didn't just do the same sort of implementation as they had on the CrystalSky where you can see both and choose yourself appropriately.

Yes KlooGee  that  is correct. Pilot app works on samsung s10+  and connects to my M2Z. It doesn't list the mavic 2 zoom camera though. I would like to use Pilot on the Smart Controller for plotting missions. I had it installed before but it won't recognize the M2Z. Now it won't install at all.

TK
2019-4-25
Use props
DroneZoneDE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 849705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice one!

One questions remains as it's not in the change log: Does this update solve the wrong date and time reset on start up when no internet connection is present?

2019-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DroneZoneDE Posted at 4-25 10:37
Nice one!

One questions remains as it's not in the change log: Does this update solve the wrong date and time reset on start up when no internet connection is present?

Yes, the date seems to stay correct between reboots.
2019-4-25
Use props
mberry72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126844 ft
United States

I had no problem installing the update from my mac
2019-4-25
Use props
Dronie2
Captain
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

mberry72 Posted at 4-25 11:58
I had no problem installing the update from my mac

Neither had I.
2019-4-25
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had 2 failed attemps , but at the end it worked. The only thing i had to do was manually change the time of the sc , as it was 1 hour ahead of our time.
When you start the sc , you still see the one(without wifi) what ever i change it keeps giving me our local time plus 1 hour. Inhave put it on gmt 0000 hours , amsterdam+2 etc etc , it keeps jumping back to time plus 1 hour.also disabled /enabled automatic date/time still the same .at least this is better the the 18 jan 2013 date. But dji fix this please or give sollution. Looks like you fix one problem and creating at same time another

Also you have to sync the flightrecords. They all disappeared
2019-4-25
Use props
djiuser_c1iBXSqshCCh
lvl.1

United States

I followed the directions, but it wont let me click on the DJI icon at the top left to select connected devices.
2019-4-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 08:55

I can only find 2.0.6 for mac on download center (link provided above by the support team), where did you find v2.0.8 for Mac?
2019-4-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

FOUND IT!
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2019-4-25
Use props
philstar
lvl.1
United States

Whenever I try to upgrade my DJI smart controller, I always get network errors.  I'm using DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 v2.0.8.  I'm running on a Windows 10 PC.  I've tried running with Antivirus and Windows Firewall both disabled.  I will include a screen cap of the error.  

Please let me know if there's anything I should try.  I tried the USB connection and power up sequence specified in the update FAQ.

Thanks!
2019-4-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I update with the Mac version, no problem at all.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Corvus, both Windows and Mac users can download the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, please kindly download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads.
If you encounter any troubles, please kindly let me know the details, I am glad to help.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Trailkill Posted at 4-25 09:13

Hi Trailkill, the DJI Pilot app will launch when connecting the RC to the Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. May I know if you have connected to Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual?
2019-4-25
Use props
binary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128944 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Where can I download DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8. Only 2.0.6 is available in the download section
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Tempostudio Posted at 4-25 09:38
In the google play there is no DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16 for smartphone Android.

Hi there, may I know the specific mobile device you are using? DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 was released for all users, please check again.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DroneZoneDE Posted at 4-25 10:37
Nice one!

One questions remains as it's not in the change log: Does this update solve the wrong date and time reset on start up when no internet connection is present?

Hi there, yes, the issue has been optimized, please update to the latest version.
2019-4-25
Use props
binary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128944 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 4-25 22:15
Hi Corvus, both Windows and Mac users can download the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, please kindly download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads.
If you encounter any troubles, please kindly let me know the details, I am glad to help.

Hi,

on the German dji.com/de web site only version 2.0.6 (for Mac, 2.0.7 for WIN) is available:
https://www.dji.com/de/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Where can I get/download version 2.0.8 here in Germany?

Regards
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_c1iBXSqshCCh Posted at 4-25 15:58
I followed the directions, but it wont let me click on the DJI icon at the top left to select connected devices.

Hi there, may we confirm the DJI Assistant 2 version that your computer runs? Please first make sure that the software is downloaded from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads, try to restart the controller and connect again.
Besides, if you have enabled the Developer options and USB debugging, please disable the USB debugging.  See if this helps.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philstar Posted at 4-25 18:03
Whenever I try to upgrade my DJI smart controller, I always get network errors.  I'm using DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 v2.0.8.  I'm running on a Windows 10 PC.  I've tried running with Antivirus and Windows Firewall both disabled.  I will include a screen cap of the error.  

[view_image]

Hi Philstar, can I confirm if you had logged in the DJI account into the DJI Assistant 2? Please try to restart the application, log in your DJI account and try again, please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-4-25
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just posted a separate thread but then thought I should have posted here?

----------snip-----------
Well I was full of hope when I saw the latest .0530 update this morning.

I totally disabled McAfee as I have had problems in the past with DJI software being flagged as malware, had files removed and quarantined etc.

So I downloaded and installed the latest DJI Assistant 2.08 pleased to see they changelog 2.07 said they had now corrected the Win 10 bug that plagued me causing me to uninstall it entirely some time ago.

In 2.08 they apparently have fixed a bug causing firmware upgrade failure.

However as the .0530 update has to be done via DJI Assistant I had no choice but to install it.

All went well and I waited while it downloaded the update.

It got 99% through the 'transmitting' update and then threw a failed update error.

I clicked on the log error which helpfully also said update failed...yeah I know.

I disconnected and rebooted the controller and PC, reconnected and ran DJI Assistant for the second time.

It downloaded the update all over again but then failed before it even got to the transmitting phase.

Rinse, wash & repeat.

It seems to me that DJI almost expects the update tp fail as at the bottom of the changelog it states;

'Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.'

So anyway I turned the controller on and after a while it prompted me to update to .0530 so of course I clicked update.

It has now been sat here for @20 minutes showing Updating 0% with the blue animated icon flying off into the distance as if it is doing something but the progress still shows Updating 0% and I am too damn frightened to turn the Smart Controller off to avoid corrupting/bricking the thing!

If I try to backout of the update by clicking the back arrow or back button it says; 'Updating firmware, please wait for the update to finish.'

My guess is it will sit there ad infinitum until the battery goes flat.

For Gods sake DJI you produce some great hardware but you consistently fail when it comes to software.

Anybody else have an issue with updating to .0530 or was I just born lucky? ;^)
----------snip----------

Please advise DJI as my 75% LED is flashing already so battery is draining while in update mode.

I might just have to plug it into the charger and leave it for the rest of the day to see what happens.

It shouldn't be like this...

-=Glyn=-

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

binary Posted at 4-25 23:00
Hi,

on the German dji.com/de web site only version 2.0.6 (for Mac, 2.0.7 for WIN) is available:

Hi Binary, sorry for the trouble, please kindly change the language to English first and download the DJI Assistant 2. I will also report this case to the proper department. lang.png
2019-4-25
Use props
Corvus monedula
First Officer
Ukraine

DJI Thor Posted at 4-25 22:15

I don't use Windows and I don't use Mac (or anything else form Microsoft or Apple for that matter).

And now you are making it mandatory to go through a pain of using either of these.
2019-4-25
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If your having update issues first could check you have the correct Assistant for Mavic 2.0.8.  

Next make sure your updating using the supplied USB cable as well

Failed Updates

If the update fails on downloading this is either server congestion or an internet issues on your side.

If it fails in update at a percentage eg 98% try it again , if this fails try another usb cable and USB port on your computer.

If after trying another cable/Port and your still getting it failed try to update via the onboard update option as the it seems the update file is now onboard

Go to Setting, System and System update and try this.  

If all of this fails try another computer and see how it is or downgrade the firmware then upgrade again.
2019-4-25
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Upgraded smoothly on first try with DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 - version 2.0.8 - latest one from april. Even forgot SD in and it has no impact on upgrade, I was upgrading from 0400.
2019-4-26
Use props
Trailkill
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-25 22:42
Hi Trailkill, the DJI Pilot app will launch when connecting the RC to the Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. May I know if you have connected to Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual?

I believe we can use the Pilot app with the Mavic 2 pro/zoom. I would like to use it for them. I can use it on my Samsung S10+. It connects to my Mavic 2 Zoom. But I can't get it installed on the Smart Controller.

Tk
2019-4-26
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 418527 ft
Denmark

Has Skytalk been abandoned?

There have been several firmware updates and we are still unable to live stream through Instagram or any other social media platform.
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well it took me 2 hours and six attempts to finally update using DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.08 along with the DJI supplied cable that came with my purchase directly from DJI in January this year.

It failed in various places including downloading, transmitting and updating.

Although I was prompted to update from the Smart Controller it just sat there for 20 minutes on 0%

I lost count of the number of times it downloaded the update but as I said after 6 attempts it finally updated correctly but it shouldn't be like this.

Mind you my standard controller only failed once and so took two attempts to update.

And it looks like the 2013 date bug has finally been resolved for me anyway.

Should be grateful for that I suppose.

I've been in IT for over 30 years and have never had so many issues with updates from any other manufacturer and I have updated hundreds if not thousands of times!

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

It seems that some Google Mobile Services are now functional. I can run GPS status now and the location service seems to be working on OS Leisure Maps. Not everything works: Windfinder will now open but can't search for a location as it reports Google Play Services as missing.  The Go4 Map box seems to be doing a better job of displaying the aircraft location now too.
2019-4-26
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was finally able to update after 6 attempts. The first 2 attempts were over wifi and failed. The following 3 attempts I tried with the Assistant 2 and they got to 98% then failed. I finally got it to go by uninstalling and re-installing the Assistant 2 program. The original version on my Windows 10 PC was installed in March 2019, I'm not sure what version it was but I downloaded and installed the latest 2.0.8 version and it finally  completed. Hope this helps with anyone getting stuck at 98% and receiving the 0x001980 error code.
2019-4-26
Use props
jphelps2630-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109698 ft
United States

Update failed after trying again and again. Exactly the same symptoms as other people have reported.
- DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v2.08 won't connect to the controller.
- Controller connects to Wi-Fi and appears to download successfully as well. But then the controller just sits there with "Updating (0%)" on the screen forever.
Windows 10 PC.
2019-4-26
Use props
Bruegel4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69475 ft
Canada

Update failed on 98%. Error code: 0x007007
2019-4-26
Use props
JoelL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229154 ft
Netherlands

By far the worst update experience ever. I hope that from now on it's possible to update without using DJI Assistant...

Took me several tries for my laptop (Mac) to recognise the controller when plugged in
Took me several tries to download the update,
Took me several tries to upload the update
The update took much longer than the 5 minutes they suggest
The update progress stalled several times making me think it was broken
At 98% the controller restarted to initialise the update, then was stuck on a frozen green screen for about 5 minutes
Miraculously... it finished afterwards.

What a drama... but at least the screen is amazing...
FYI:
For people having trouble, try restarting both your computer and controller if you get stuck somewhere
2019-4-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules