New Smart Controller Firmware Released (2019/04/25)
25474 155 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 5-4 18:08
Sorry for the late reply. Please go to Settings > Developer Options, if it is on and the option is USB Debugging, please select to transfer files.
Please let me know if it doesn't help, thanks.

Can't find in my SC Developer Options
2019-5-5
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 5-4 18:19
Hi there, sorry to hear your difficulties,  just to verify, is the computer recognized the controller? Please try to reinstall the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8 https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads, besides, please also disable USB Debugging, change to files transportation if you have switched on Developer Options (Settings > Developer Options).
Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Assistant 2.0.8 on MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.4) doesn't recognize SC, so can't update.
BTW. DJI didn't provide supported cable (usbc-ubsc), so I use third party one.
2019-5-5
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 5-2 01:18
Hi HEFA, just to verify, is the computer recognized the controller? In this case, please try to reinstall the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, besides, please make sure that the connecting cable is working properly. Please also disable USB Debugging if you have switched on Developer Options. See if this helps.

Can't see Developer Options if usb not connected or computer doesn't recognize it. In may case (MBP Mojave 10.14.4) usbc-usbc (3.0/3.1) connection doesn't work. In my opinion usb 3.0/3.1 is a problem, usb 2.0 cable (usb-usbc) works and can update via Assistant.
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AEROKAMERA Posted at 5-5 16:15
Can't see Developer Options if usb not connected or computer doesn't recognize it. In may case (MBP Mojave 10.14.4) usbc-usbc (3.0/3.1) connection doesn't work. In my opinion usb 3.0/3.1 is a problem, usb 2.0 cable (usb-usbc) works and can update via Assistant.

Hi AEROKAMERA, the USB 3.0 Type-C Cable is included in the package, please use this cable to connect the controller and the computer. Just to verify, you had connected and update the firmware successfully, right?
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philstar Posted at 4-27 10:07
Thanks again DJI Thor.  I tried the same thing on another computer with a fresh install of DJI Assistant v2.0.8, and I had the same result.  In every case, I verified that my PC did have internet connectivity when the DJI assistant app complained about a "network error."  I'm still suspicious of a server side problem with my account.

As others have reported, I am not able to connect to my PC to my controller using USB 3.0 ports with a 3.0 cable.  I find that I can connect as long as I use a USB2.0/C charging cable.  To be clear, however, that's the only issue I've had connecting the remote to the PC.  I assume the network error is regarding my connection to DJI.

Hi Phil, can you help to export the logs from the DJI Assistant 2 for further checking?
The first log would be: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2
The second log needed would be: installation directory\DJIApp\ui_ass2.log
Look forward to your reply.
2019-5-6
Use props
Alper
lvl.1

Turkey

Is it now possible to use built-in screened phantom 4 pro + V2,0 for mapping? will ground station or dronedeploy work on that tablet?
2019-5-6
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 5-5 18:53
Hi AEROKAMERA, the USB 3.0 Type-C Cable is included in the package, please use this cable to connect the controller and the computer. Just to verify, you had connected and update the firmware successfully, right?

Included cable is USB-A to USB-C, my MBP has only USB-C. SC has USCB-C so I need USB-C to USB-C cable to connetc it to my lap.I did buy third party USB-C to USB-C cable and then was able to connect SC to my MBP but it doesn't see SC.
Next I did buy USB-A (female) to USB-C (male) adapter USB2.0 and did use it with supplied cable. Update done succesful.
DJI USB driver for SC is probably USB2.0 only so many users have troubles updating via Assistant.
2019-5-6
Use props
philstar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-6 00:40
Hi Phil, can you help to export the logs from the DJI Assistant 2 for further checking?
The first log would be: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2
The second log needed would be: installation directory\DJIApp\ui_ass2.log

Thor,

Thank you so much.  I've seen other posts referring to those logs, so I should have probably gone there myself.  This is the error that was causing my problems:

[14:41:12.623][DJIWebFileGetter    ] Reply error string :Host terra-2-g.djicdn.com not found

I tried to manually ping that server from my PC and received a DNS error.  I added a secondary DNS server of 8.8.8.8.  That allowed me to ping DJI's server successfully.  After that, the update went without any problems.  I'm assuming this particular server is relatively new and my ISP's DNS didn't have the name yet.  It makes sense that both of my computers had the same problem because they were both using the same DNS.  

My problems are now solved.

Thank you!
Phil
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philstar Posted at 5-6 12:00
Thor,

Thank you so much.  I've seen other posts referring to those logs, so I should have probably gone there myself.  This is the error that was causing my problems:

Hi Phil, it's happy to hear that you had sorted out the case yourself, Good job!
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AEROKAMERA Posted at 5-6 08:15
Included cable is USB-A to USB-C, my MBP has only USB-C. SC has USCB-C so I need USB-C to USB-C cable to connetc it to my lap.I did buy third party USB-C to USB-C cable and then was able to connect SC to my MBP but it doesn't see SC.
Next I did buy USB-A (female) to USB-C (male) adapter USB2.0 and did use it with supplied cable. Update done succesful.
DJI USB driver for SC is probably USB2.0 only so many users have troubles updating via Assistant.

Thank you for your information, I will note down and confirm with the engineers. Anyway, it is great to hear that you had updated the SC successfully.
2019-5-6
Use props
djiuser_Kp0GP251AiWm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75722 ft
Bahamas

Was able to use the DJI Assistant to update to 530.
But now after 10+ failed attempts to update the device storage is full.

Does anyone know where to go to cleanup the failed garbage that is now floating around my device???

Thx in advance ..
2019-5-7
Use props
RKM Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3110190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgraded  firmware when this first came out and had no issues. Come Brazil and all of sudden I started getting and incompatible firmware found please update. I slid the slider to update. All of sudden I started getting blurry pics and videos that would not play, they were just black. AFC and MC would not correct the out of focus issue. With AFC you could see it try to focus and then give up. Tap to screen same. The pic with the barely recognizable women in it is a Brasilian model who actually let me film her. Look at what I had to show her. I looked like a total novice. I had to show her my IG to prove I know what I am doing.
The weird thing is I have shots before and after and in between the update firmware prompt where the footage is pristine.

I tried to email Support to send files and video link but guess what? The Smart Controller isn't in the dropdown.
I lost the ability to capture a model on the beach. Thanks DJI.
2019-5-8
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

maybe dji tag her as nfz, too? ;)
2019-5-10
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

JoelL Posted at 4-26 11:30
By far the worst update experience ever. I hope that from now on it's possible to update without using DJI Assistant...

Took me several tries for my laptop (Mac) to recognise the controller when plugged in

well, I don't know if those problems are caused by the new update or by the old firmware. My smart controller was delivered with v01.00.0450 instead of the v01.00.0400. Upgrade to v01.00.0500 went straight over my wifi into the smart controller, no problem.

About your advice to restart the controller, I would be a bit careful with that. When it has loaded partially the new firmware into memory, your controller could be bricked. As long it still is downloading the image, no problem. Once it started to update the image, I would be a bit more careful with rebooting the device.

It would be good to boot your controller from fresh before starting a firmware update.
2019-5-11
Use props
Pomypete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346647 ft
Australia

My update has been stuck on 99% for the last 25 mins
2019-5-11
Use props
Pomypete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346647 ft
Australia

2019-5-11
Use props
Muziclover
New
Sweden

Update fail ☹️
2019-5-12
Use props
Muziclover
New
Sweden

Update fail ☹️
2019-5-12
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Active 2.0 is still freezing and bugging out after this update.... what am i doing wrong?!
2019-5-15
Use props
fansc11335b3
lvl.1
Norway

Hi,
I had several failing updating to xxx530 procedures. Not quite sure what I did, but had it connected with the included USB-c to my Imac. When it was downloaded(and started to try to install the firmware (from the SC app), I used the Assistan 2 and tried from that too. Voila! Suddenly it INSTALLED! Weird, but must have been doing something "right"...?!
Thanx for all other postings on this site. I read for hours before it finally worked out....Now I have to go try my new drone...finally...
BTW: The Dji team was quite responsive with my questions...
Harald
NORWAY
2019-5-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

fansc11335b3 Posted at 5-19 02:06
Hi,
I had several failing updating to xxx530 procedures. Not quite sure what I did, but had it connected with the included USB-c to my Imac. When it was downloaded(and started to try to install the firmware (from the SC app), I used the Assistan 2 and tried from that too. Voila! Suddenly it INSTALLED! Weird, but must have been doing something "right"...?!
Thanx for all other postings on this site. I read for hours before it finally worked out....Now I have to go try my new drone...finally...

Yes installation via Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 was necessary for this version.
2019-5-22
Use props
MladenT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180801 ft
Canada

After many tries to update on the remote controller i went here to check and found that i need DJI Assistant 2.

Everything went smoothly with a common cable USB A/USB C(DJI`s one is in the office so i could not use it).
2019-5-25
Use props
MladenT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180801 ft
Canada

Can delete
2019-5-25
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Waiting forever for the new update with the promised SKYTALK feature....
2019-6-11
Use props
kate_207
New

India

Hello, it's a great blog post! If facing any problem related to a printer so, call us now on Connect Brother HL-l2300d Printer to WiFi +1-888-633-7151 to assist you with your troubles.
2019-7-15
Use props
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

Thor,

Major thanks!  That DNS issue is what was holding me up.  DJI Support didn't have a clue.  I have since informed them.
2019-7-28
Use props
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

Thor,

Major thanks!  That DNS issue is what was holding me up.  DJI Support didn't have a clue.  I have since informed them.
2019-7-28
Use props
Forest Ranger
New

Iceland

My DJi smart controller says there is an update "v01.00.0530" downloaded and wants to install it, I press accept and update, then nothing happens, I have to switch of the controller and restart it.
I try to repeat the update 7 times, as its just out of the box.
I tried waiting for 3 hours to see how the process was going, it was still only at 0%..
I cant go back or cancel the update or anything if you press update. Only restart it and ignore the update.
Seems like I'm not the only one. I don't have my Personal Computer running any DJI related programs yet. Should I do that? (thought the Controller was able to do everything, including tinder)
2019-8-10
Use props
kalich5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1428333 ft
Czechia

When will the new firmware version finally be?
2019-8-27
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Things are updating now with the Assistant app.

Unfortunately, I think the new firmware makes Active Track a bit weird and it keeps pushing the Zoom backwards on a side follow shot. Lost a drone that way and DJI is claiming user error
2019-10-27
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

kalich5 Posted at 8-27 00:22
When will the new firmware version finally be?

N E V E R ! !
2019-12-29
Use props
WJS
lvl.1

Iceland

It seems this firmware is unstable, not properly tested and should be pulled.

Also, why does the video in the first post in this thread demonstrate how to update over-the-air direct on the SC? Why does the SC allow an update that requires DJI Assistant to proceed? It would seem simple enough to detect if a user is attempting a direct update on the SC, one that cannot be completed in that manner, and instruct the user to use DJI Assistant. Most user will see the prompt to update on the SC and attempt the install that way. Repeatedly! They won't be checking a forum prior to updating. This is just a bad experience that could be easily improved.
2020-1-14
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-5-5 18:53

That cable does not work for me.  I tried to connect my smart controller to assistant 2 on two different computers and it will never connect.  I used two different of the supplied USB-C cables that DJI supplied with their product and no matter how I connect it-restart computer; restart smart controller-nothing works.  All I see is the picture of the usb end just moving back and forth.  I also upgraded to the most recent assistant 2 and still nothing.  What is the issue here?
2020-1-29
Use props
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

philstar Posted at 2019-5-6 12:00
Thor,

I had the same issue and resolved myself with the same solution.

Why doesn't DJI state this requirement?
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_ZSxKS779RvzU
New
Flight distance : 205735 ft
United Kingdom

I just got the Mavic Air 2 and ordered the Smart Controller as i also have the Epson glasses 35-E.   But there is no support for this new Drown which has all the features just no Smart Controller Support.  Managed to get DJI Fly installed.   But fails at the first connection request as its waiting for the default controller.  Anyone know a way around this or a update and when support will be out for the new  Marvic Air 2
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ZSxKS779RvzU
New
Flight distance : 205735 ft
United Kingdom

I just got the Mavic Air 2 and ordered the Smart Controller as i also have the Epson glasses 35-E.   But there is no support for this new Drown which has all the features just no Smart Controller Support.  Managed to get DJI Fly installed.   But fails at the first connection request as its waiting for the default controller.  Anyone know a way around this or a update and when support will be out for the new  Marvic Air 2
2020-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules