Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Interview on BBC Radio - A positive perspective on Drones!
1091 22 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, I got asked to appear on BBC Radio Essex to talk about how I started my YT channel, drones in general, video, photography and of course the Gatwick incident.
So I took the opportunity to put a positive perspective on things and talk about how great drones are!

So, a long video, but it was all good fun...
Cheers
Ian

2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ian. Thank you for posting this interview video of yours about the positive perspective on drones. This video will educated a lot of people on how helpful and useful drones are. In addition let us all be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations. Let us always take in to consideration the safety of others when operating our drones. Thank you for continued and valued support. Lets all have a safe and happy flying.
2019-4-25
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-25 13:40
Hello and good day Ian. Thank you for posting this interview video of yours about the positive perspective on drones. This video will educated a lot of people on how helpful and useful drones are. In addition let us all be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations. Let us always take in to consideration the safety of others when operating our drones. Thank you for continued and valued support. Lets all have a safe and happy flying.

Thanks Stephen
I had a message I wanted to convey, and made the BBC Presenter ask the right questions to get that message across.  
Thanks for the good words...

Ian

2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very, very well done Ian - loved the way you led the interviewer towards the Gatwick incident and got the right message across and I'm really pleased that the BBC were prepared to hear those facts and create an open platform for you in a live setting without any agenda. We need more of this mate!
2019-4-25
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Well done Ian ....
2019-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job Ian, you might be to famous for around here, ;+) .
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Wellsi Posted at 4-25 13:55
Thanks Stephen
I had a message I wanted to convey, and made the BBC Presenter ask the right questions to get that message across.  
Thanks for the good words...

You are very much welcome Ian. We really do value your dedicated support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-25
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Long video but well worth watching.
Good message delivered on perfect way.
Thanks for sharing.
2019-4-25
Use props
houdini
Captain

United States

Ian,
Loved the video. You did an amazing job with the interview.
Thank you for sharing it with all of us on the Forum.
2019-4-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job Ian. you are an amazing ambassador for drones.
2019-4-25
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-25 14:01
Very, very well done Ian - loved the way you led the interviewer towards the Gatwick incident and got the right message across and I'm really pleased that the BBC were prepared to hear those facts and create an open platform for you in a live setting without any agenda. We need more of this mate!

Thanks everyone for the good words... I was very pleased how it went and that I could get the good points across....  And that I didn't swear live on air  

2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 4-25 22:27
Thanks everyone for the good words... I was very pleased how it went and that I could get the good points across....  And that I didn't swear live on air

I really thought you'd have a Paxman type interviewer that would steer your thoughts and tongue tie you into giving drones a bad name - so pleased to see how the interview remained open and how they let you simply express yourself and the positives of owning drones and how much hysteria is being unfairly thrown around about them.

I have family members and friends who have questioned me on why I fly - I simply say why do you take photos with your phone and have an Instagram account - wouldn't it be cool if you could put your phone 400' in the air and see the world around you and take photos from that view point - drones are nothing more than flying cameras and are safer than cars. They tend to shut up after that.
2019-4-25
Use props
Ken Storm
First Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

All Hail the Drone Ambassador, well done Ian.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wow, that's so cool.
2019-4-26
Use props
Duncandonut
Captain
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Well done Ian, am pleased you managed to get onto the Gatwick incident and for once a drone enthusiast managed to tell it how it is. Thank you.
2019-4-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-4-26
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Great to see a really positive view on drones.
Ian, excellent interview focused on the benefits and safety aspects of drone flying..
Admin, can we have this as a Digest?
2019-4-26
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Most excellent.  Much appreciate the proper representation.
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great interview Ian!

You were a natural and your co-host was fantastic too!

I'd seen some of your videos even before I bought my Mavic 2 Pro in January and enjoyed them immensely.

Thanks very much for your time & effort...much appreciated.

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 4-26 07:18
Great interview Ian!

You were a natural and your co-host was fantastic too!

Thanks Glyn
Yes, the DJ was great and I'd already said I wanted to keep things positive and sensible.  Was really pleased with the whole interview.   My butterflies in the tum were pretty strong   
2019-4-26
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nice, thanks for sharing!
Great job
2019-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to hear!
2019-4-27
Use props
QQRUCH
Captain
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello Ian, I write from Spain, I want to thank you for transmitting the positive things about the flight of the drones. Great Job!
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules