#WEEKLYTOPIC What you will do if somebody says this to you
123Next >
11617 85 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 785 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 1 times(Probability of winning 90%)
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Here we are, the weekly topic is coming again.

The winter just gone, spring is around the corner. It is the best time to fly the drones. Have you ever have an experience like this?
While you enjoyed the time with your drones, someone’s coming next to you and says "can I fly your drones?" or asks "What is it?"
What you will act and answer back?

This time, let discuss, what you will act and answer when you flying your drones if somebody asks you something you think is very funny or weird.
Share your answer in this thread, we will pick up 5 lucky users and send 600 points to each of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats to these 5 drone pilots! We will send 600 points to each of them.
Before it, we will contact you with an email, make sure you receive it. ;)

@kaitokid535

@PS013

@RotorLogic

@ntomaszewski

@TakeFlite

2019-4-26
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

For flying - for friends - I usually say yes to flying my drones. I will just teach them first, and put it in the 'basic' mode in an open field - and then I let them have fun! Sometimes they are scared at first - but very quickly figure it out and then realize it is a lot of fun.

If someone asks what is it - I will tell them it is a drone, and explain it is really great for taking beautiful landscape pictures, usually say its from DJI (because they are the leaders in the technology, kind of even invented this consumer hobby/class), and then show them a picture of what I am currently taking. Many times they think it is really fascinating then will ask a bunch of other questions which I usually answer too.

The DJI stuff is very cool!
2019-4-26
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Qatar

Hi DJI Panda, thanks for these topics
I think it's the most fun way to share our thoughts, fun experiences, adventures or simply news

Recently, I started working with the drone, so the scene is very different from before ...
the work area is always limited to the operators, there are many people around, but all are busy in their activities.

sometime , the ordinary person, or the curious, asks for information about the drone during some pauses.

who is "the most common person "who asks usually for information ?
"the policeman" ... who, until some time ago, was convinced that the drone could spy on people ...
now they are all much more informed and prepared.

the very funny thing I did recently?
verify that on the lamppost (very high) there was not a pigeon's nest ...
request out of the normal ... (but it was the director's assistant request ... so I did it )
at that moment ... many people was became  so curios ...
and the old man cleaner said ... " if there are some eggs ... catch them !!!!"
a lot of laughs ....
was a funny extra job.... btw ... no pigeons and obviously no eggs ...

HORSE DJI.jpeg
nobody can fly with my personal drone   ... the only one,  has been  my boy 7 years old with me ...

Alex
http://www.airbutterflydrone.com/en/home
SkyPixel AirButterflyDrone

2019-4-26
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Italy

My co-worker, of the same age as my father, wanted to see my drone in flight last year, so we went in the country and to his great surprise after takeoff I handed him the Mavic Air controller, you had to see how his eyes were shining and how he was happy. But normally I'm very jealous of my things.

One time two elderly ladies sat on the same bench where I was preparing my mavic 2, they didn't care about me and what I was doing, then I turned it on and they asked me -but is it a drone? -we had never seen one! and away with so many questions to which I replied with amused pleasure. A gentleman was struck by the color, I thought it was a military drone!
2019-4-26
Use props
djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR
lvl.3
United States

It would depend on who is asking
2019-4-26
Use props
djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR
lvl.3
United States

It would depend on who is asking .
If it is a random person that asks to fly my drone the answer is sorry but NO! If they ask what it is, I always say is is a multi-rotor because then they are more confused than when they asked
If it was a friend with no drone experience and has no idea what a multi-rotor is then I would tell him I would teach him with a mini drone like the Tello.
If it was a friend who had little drone experience I will let them fly it in a field of grass definitely not over concrete or water . If it was family relatives hide the drone! Haha no they always ask to fly my drones but when I ask how much they think a DJI drone cost they are like 40$ or 50$ And then I tell them the price and most of the time they are content but when they ask again I tell them I will teach them with the Tello. When fam or friends ask what it is I still tell this it is a multi-rotor but it is followed by a long explanation .
2019-4-26
Use props
djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR Posted at 4-26 13:58
It would depend on who is asking

I can’t figure out how to change my name on the DJI form. On my dJI account my name is “Spark some Awesomeness”
2019-4-26
Use props
fans798819e8
lvl.3
United States

Random Kid- "Hey, can I fly your drone?"
2019-4-26
Use props
fans798819e8
lvl.3
United States

Random Kid- "What is that?"
Me- "A drone, her name is Felicia."
Random Kid- "Why is her name Felicia?"
Me [Taking off]- "Bye, Felicia."
2019-4-26
Use props
djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR
lvl.3
United States

fans798819e8 Posted at 4-26 20:16

Haha, love it! I call my drones Fiona and Madison
2019-4-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Can I fly your drones" - of course you can - anyone can fly these drones once they have bought one... Here is the manual - sit down and read that for an hour like I had to while you watch me and I'll let you fly my £1500 around for a bit to which they reply "You're alright mate - I'll just watch for a bit"  

"what is it" - "it's an unmanned, remotely controlled quadcopter and aerial vehicle designed for aerial photography and videography, autonomous 3D mapping, search and rescue ops and surveillance". "oh, I thought it was a drone"

2019-4-27
Use props
TakeFlite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Can I fly your drones - depends who

Complete Stranger: Definite no just cause you don't know them they may have the intent of causing harm or may somehow lack the ability to fly some of the easiest drones in the world. I'd happily show them how it works and anything about it though to possibly get someone else over to the side of drone users!

Someone you know: As much as any one of us would be disappointed to see one of our drones to go down, I would let a friend or family use my drone so they too can understand the feeling of one whilst flying. However I definitely would make sure we're in a clear area away from a general population to minimise destruction if something happens to go wrong, and this only after a quick briefing

What is it - Something that everyone should buy (from DJI ofc) and give them a rundown on the features and abilities they possess. Maybe even a preview at some of your best shots! However if you happen to crash it on this unlikely occasion of people watching on be sure to tell them its a GoPro Karma and not DJI!
2019-4-27
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kids ask all the time to fly my drones. I only say yes if I'm flying the Spark. I don't risk the Mavic Air or Mavic Pro Platinum. And I only say yes if the kid is calm. If they are jumping up and down or screaming I decline, and I tell them you have to be calm and controlled to fly a drone. I let my neices and nephews fly the Spark all the time. The LOVE it!
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR Posted at 4-26 15:03
I can’t figure out how to change my name on the DJI form. On my dJI account my name is “Spark some Awesomeness”

Hi, you can have a look on this thread, this might can help you learn something about the forum.
2019-4-27
Use props
djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR
lvl.3
United States

DJI Panda Posted at 4-27 18:51
Hi, you can have a look on this thread, this might can help you learn something about the forum.

Thank you!
2019-4-27
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I wouldn't let anyone fly my baby.
2019-4-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 4-26 04:46
Hi DJI Panda, thanks for these topics
I think it's the most fun way to share our thoughts, fun experiences, adventures or simply news

Great post
2019-4-28
Use props
kaitokid535
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339770 ft
Philippines

Replies reward +5 Points

If someone asks me if they can fly my drone, it depends if that person already has experience or knowledge flying it, I would respond "well, do you have experience flying a drone? if that's the case I can let you try .".

If someone asks me what is that, I would respond "this is a drone, I use this for capturing videos or photos above." if I'm talking to kids I usually let them hold my drone and ask them "what do you think?"

If someone wants to learn, I can let them try and set to beginners mode (and of course make sure we are in an open field). ;)
2019-4-28
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

Replies reward +5 Points

thank you
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-4-28
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Can you  fly it ?

Sure you can ! but - please - don't crash it   ( Thanks DJI for the beginner mode! )

This is the best way to make your neighbors more comfortable with the hobby. Most of them do not complain anymore when i am flying around.

2019-4-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Replies reward +5 Points

Well it depend on the people that you are dealing with, a child, an adult, friend or a crazy guy.
And what you are flying for, just flying freely/casually or flying commercially/shooting some video or pictures
If I'm flying commercially/shooting some video or pictures and someone come a ask question about the drone, I would just say "Just a minute, I can't talk while flying, I'm focusing on my work." And mostly people will choose to leave but if they still standing there watching you, I will talk with him/her and answer his/her questions after I done my work
If I'm just flying freely/casually and someone come and ask question about it, I will say "Just second let me land it." I will be more friendly for this one, and start answering his/her questions
But in both situation if they ask "can I fly it?"
Mostly will be no, no chance they can touch my baby. But for friend well maybe, I will guide him to fly it.

Here are some stupid questions that they ask
Does it have a camera on it? - Come on! If there is no camera on it, how I can get this image transmission on my CR  
How far it can fly? - Pretty far, some like over 7 km and they will be like wtf that was unbelievable
How much it cost? - Personally I will try to avoid to tell them the real price, I would say it is pretty expensive
How much it can carry? - What? No, it is not design for carry stuff. If is for aerial photography and videography
2019-4-28
Use props
Winston H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 628396 ft
Australia

Replies reward +5 Points

Random: "Can I fly your drone"?

Me: "Can I f*** your wife?"
2019-4-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Replies reward +5 Points

Someone comes around and wanna fly my drones?
Only in case I know his/her wallet has the money in to pay for it ;-)
So i would need to know the person for some time, already.

The other thing, asking what it is, I usually explain a bit and let the person look onto the display of my tablet.
Which mostly is the best to do: Nothing to hide, not spying on everything!
Or  like I did on the great wall, where a group of 4 people waved at my Spark, after they saw it starting:
I did a nice hand flown dronie with/on them, asked for a mail address and mailed it .
But I still think, the small Spark has kind of a puppy license, so most people really don't see it as a threat.
More as a toy.
And the "oh"-effect, after seeing the screen of the device, is  mostly a big one!
2019-4-29
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

They ask "What is it?" I say "It's a drone! It's a DJI Mavic Air." If they wanna know more, I am happy to answer their questions. If they ask, "Can I fly?" I will take it up a couple hundred feet, give em the remote after a short demonstration, and let em fly it!
2019-4-29
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I will say yes after teaching them how it works and supervising it while they fly.
2019-4-29
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will say yes after teaching them how it works and supervising it while they fly.
2019-4-29
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

If I know the person has experience in RC, or is thinking about possibly getting a drone, I let them fly it. Otherwise, I pull out one of my cheap drones and let them fly that. I show them how it works, some of the camera effects, and let them learn about where you can get good drones - of course, DJI is first on the list!
2019-4-29
Use props
vanzyl
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

Only my son would fly my drones - he owns a P4 as well, nobody else allowed.  Flying in Plet on the coast, two older gentlemen approached me and enquired (about the size of I2) and were quite annoyed about me "disturbing their privacy" - obviously one lived in a mansion close-by and asked what would happen if his wife was tanning naked in their back yard - so I replied I guess I would be very lucky to fly then...   Some more of these people complained about their privacy while walking on a public beach - how could you be private displaying yourself on a public beach?
2019-4-29
Use props
SH59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

If it was a friend, then I would say yes...but only after making sure it was in basic mode, and also giving them a quick tutorial of the controls. And for a stranger, I would answer their questions to the best of my knowledge, but would would have to decline letting them fly it...but, would share the screen and show them what I do with it, and maybe even get them interested enough to get one of their own. That would turn a stranger into a friend possibly, and help promote the hobby at the same time.   
2019-4-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Replies reward +5 Points

Nice one (as always).

I'm not sure what I would do.
Depends on my mood I guess.
Plus the person who is asking.
Plus the area I'm standing
2019-5-1
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Replies reward +5 Points

Let me just first state that I think this weekly topic initiative is pretty cool.

Now to answer the questions:

1) "Can I fly your drones?"
A) If it is someone I know and trust I would set the drone in basic mode and guide that person on how to fly it in an open field. Making sure the rules and regulations are always followed.

B) If it's some random person in the street I sincerely doubt I would let them take over the control. I would not risk the safety of anyone or my drone that easily.

2) "What is it?"
I would answer that it is a drone and with it I can take amazing aerial pictures and videos. I would then offer to show and/or share some pictures and videos. After that I would certainly answer all the usual follow up questions.
In my experience those follow up questions are:
How long does it fly?
How far and how high can you fly it?
How much does it cost?
What brand and model is it?
Where can I buy one?
2019-5-2
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Winston H Posted at 4-28 22:03
Random: "Can I fly your drone"?

Me: "Can I f*** your wife?"

That is a risky gamble.

You haven't seen the wife.
2019-5-2
Use props
TakeFlite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Replies reward +5 Points

djiuser_jyHIrPK7H5KR Posted at 4-26 14:05
It would depend on who is asking .
If it is a random person that asks to fly my drone the answer is sorry but NO! If they ask what it is, I always say is is a multi-rotor because then they are more confused than when they asked
If it was a friend with no drone experience and has no idea what a multi-rotor is then I would tell him I would teach him with a mini drone like the Tello.

Love the idea of calling it a multi rotor, definitely would confuse them even more that's for sure
2019-5-4
Use props
wesnost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472736 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

I would say 'I'm sorry but I am carrying a kidney ".
2019-5-4
Use props
CrispyEcho
New

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

To a friend who has experience, yes. But to a stranger, I would say no.
2019-5-5
Use props
Azamat Taskynbekov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14386 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

o_laparoto Posted at 5-2 02:15
That is a risky gamble.

You haven't seen the wife.

hahahahahhaha
2019-5-5
Use props
jannlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

friends and relatives- yes! go ahead, and try flying this drone, but do pay attention to my instructions so that you don't crash my baby!

strangers- hmmm it depends? i guess for young teens or kids, i will be polite and ask if they have experience with it.
it will be extremely difficult for them or me if they crash it while flying!
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans798819e8 Posted at 4-26 20:16

Hahahahaha, that's very interesting! Love it.
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A J Posted at 4-27 06:41
"Can I fly your drones" - of course you can - anyone can fly these drones once they have bought one... Here is the manual - sit down and read that for an hour like I had to while you watch me and I'll let you fly my £1500 around for a bit to which they reply "You're alright mate - I'll just watch for a bit"  

"what is it" - "it's an unmanned, remotely controlled quadcopter and aerial vehicle designed for aerial photography and videography, autonomous 3D mapping, search and rescue ops and surveillance". "oh, I thought it was a drone"

Nice one hahaha. Sure you can fly my drone, before it, sit down and read the manual for an hour.
2019-5-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules