Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ParisViol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448530 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,

So a while ago I purchase the MCC cable to make my Sony A6500 (at the time) work with the Ronin-S but kept getting issues. To be fair, this was before the update so the focus wheel was still pretty pointless as it wouldn't work until recently. So I put the cable to one side and just stuck with the IR cable as the only fuction I could really use was the record button.
But with the recent update, I figured I would try the cable again with my Sony A7 iii and Sony 18-105 F4. lens and as standard I'm still getting issues.

Now, I'm not sure if it's me being a complete tool and I read a lot of people were having issues with the focus pull wheel.
NOT ME!
The focus wheel is working fine, it's actually the record button that isn't working and well, it's a prety important button.

Any ideas?
2019-4-26
Use props
ParisViol
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update: I've just tried to revert back to the IR cable (as I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow and figured "I know this works for now, I can deal with the MCC cable issue another time" - only to now not have function in the record button with the IR cable and yet it was working perfectly fine a minute ago. I've changed all the settings in camera back to allow it to work with the IR cable and I tested it with the Sony RMT-DSLR2 remote and it all works fine.

Seriously, what is happening here?
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ParisViol, sorry for the late response and the troubles with the Ronin-S. With the RSS-IR cable connected, we need to select the correct camera model in the APP-Create-Camera Control.
For the MCC cable, are you referring to the MCC-Multi cable? If yes, could you please double check if the power-on sequence is correct? GTScreenshot_20190430_204849.png
2019-4-30
Use props
ParisViol
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 04:50
Hi ParisViol, sorry for the late response and the troubles with the Ronin-S. With the RSS-IR cable connected, we need to select the correct camera model in the APP-Create-Camera Control.
For the MCC cable, are you referring to the MCC-Multi cable? If yes, could you please double check if the power-on sequence is correct?[view_image]

Hi Mindy,

I had put all the settings back to what it originally was on the A6500 but no use, i had even tested it with the IR remote but still nothing. It was however picking up the signal to focus the frame when pressing half way, but when fully depressed it wasn't recording.

I had then tried the MCC-Multi cable with both A6500 and the A7iii. Making sure i had the correct settings, and powering on the Ronin first before powering on the camera and still no luck. When using the 24-105mm lens, I am able to get the focus wheel on the side to work and after clicking on the app and changing the setting it runs smoothly and rather quickly.

Then same goes with the A7iii and the MCC-C cable, all works fine besides the record button function.
A representative told me via email that it may be the case of getting it sent back for diagnosis and possible repair?
2019-5-1
Use props
marcotjokro
New

Canada

I had the same issue, the cable doesn't connect to the camera, and it's because I plugged the cable the wrong way (QR code up), but the correct way is the QR code should be facing down.
Tinkering for 6 hours and the issue is just plugging the wrong way...
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules