Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

As title said.

Can't even describe my disappointment.
Miss several holidays already.

I know, some of you are gonna argue that "if you want a waterproof action camera, buy a gopro".

The problem is, this is something DJI advertise its product.
This is basically blatant lie towards consumer.

If they don't advertise the waterproof case, it is a single point that I can point out when I make a buying decision between gopro and OP.
Trade-in? Heck no. Since my OP is basically a second-hand product, I need to shelve more money towards it (and not worth it).
2019-4-26
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Don't cry! Built an underwater case for some bukazoids + underwater case for phone  ... and a grip
Or wait one/two/three years for DJI's case for € 299 ...

2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi StardustGeass, we're sorry to read the frustrations and we do understand that it is currently unavailable within your region. With all honesty, DJI is currently addressing these concern and carefully sieving all the possible situation may arise in the above mentioned Osmo Pocket accessories. It may sound like a lame excuse or promise to many of our users, but we in DJI have learned and keep moving forward in providing close to perfect devices before the release. Appreciate your understanding.
2019-4-26
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

If our satisfaction is based on the availability of the waterproof case, and no such case was available at the time of purchase, maybe we should have waited for said case. Or, if waterproofness was the selling point, maybe we should have gone with the GoPro at that time ....
2019-4-26
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-26 11:52
Hi StardustGeass, we're sorry to read the frustrations and we do understand that it is currently unavailable within your region. With all honesty, DJI is currently addressing these concern and carefully sieving all the possible situation may arise in the above mentioned Osmo Pocket accessories. It may sound like a lame excuse or promise to many of our users, but we in DJI have learned and keep moving forward in providing close to perfect devices before the release. Appreciate your understanding.

Tired of this.

Waterproof case availability, stupid audio connector with problems here and there.
If on summer holiday it's not out yet, I'm really gonna switch to GoPro.

Yeah, I'm only one consumer and it doesn't mean much to DJI.
But realize this, even though I'm just one angry customer that writes this, and there are many more that have same opinion like me.

If only I could able to file a class sue or something with the topic of consumer protection here in my country.

I really am frustrated.
2019-4-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think I'd prefer to wait for a waterproof case that doesn't leak, than have a waterproof case right now that isn't waterproof.  
2019-4-26
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
New Zealand

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-26 17:30
I think I'd prefer to wait for a waterproof case that doesn't leak, than have a waterproof case right now that isn't waterproof.

Yeah, agree. That is exactly what I said about two months ago.
But hey, 5 months to develop a waterproof case that doesn't leak? I don't know how hard it is since I am not an engineer.

I still keep on my stance:
DJI does not keep it's promise about releasing waterproof case, something that is advertised even before launch, about 5 months ago.

Heck, even their overpriced audio adapter pose a lot of problem.
2019-4-27
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I do not understand why somebody needs a GIMBAL (!?!) under water - long waiting for it and sure high price.

Buy a waterproof SJ9 or Hero7 (with more functions then OP) or one of thousand action cams with
cheap, available, 40m suited housing and underwater worls is okay again. Or whine for a next
half year ... if it is available (2020/21/22) then whine and cry about price again.   

2019-4-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you missed so many holidays.  Pardon the snark, but you should be able to enjoy a holiday without gadgets.  Grab a phone/camera and have some fun with the family.  Since you bought a used one you certainly have taken the time to look around and purchase the camera that suited you needs... There's been A LOT written about the lack of WP case.... Why not wait until one exists if that's so important?  Why do you need a gimbaled device underwater, anyhow?
2019-4-27
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
United States

WebParrot Posted at 4-27 12:17
Sorry you missed so many holidays.  Pardon the snark, but you should be able to enjoy a holiday without gadgets.  Grab a phone/camera and have some fun with the family.  Since you bought a used one you certainly have taken the time to look around and purchase the camera that suited you needs... There's been A LOT written about the lack of WP case.... Why not wait until one exists if that's so important?  Why do you need a gimbaled device underwater, anyhow?

No worries, you're not offending me

Yes, it is possible, and I do rightfully enjoyed it.
But, in the same time, I do love recording moments that won't ever come back. More importantly, because those holidays are my honeymoon (I just got married).

Why DJI OP instead of GoPro, or other camera?
Well, to be frank, it is because of the video and audio quality. I don't like muffled sound of GoPro, and I make use of the gimbal during the times I am on land. Not mentioning, the night quality shot OP gives is better.

The maddening thing is, when I compared this to GP Hero 7, I have a trust that says "well, I'm going to go to my vacation in 4 months after this product release. It should've released the case at that time". Since OP promises the availability of waterproof case, the waterproof ability is not something I take into consideration anymore. In my defense, if that happens, perhaps I already bought the GP Hero 7 instead, since I already planned for a beach vacation (and I basically bought this device because I want to record my honeymoon vacation). Muffled sound? They already have a sound adapter.

Yes, I have to admit that OP is a great device. But I really am frustrated by the advertisement DJI gives about many things, since it hinders my expectation about what I am going to do with the device.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

StardustGeass Posted at 4-27 15:10
No worries, you're not offending me

Yes, it is possible, and I do rightfully enjoyed it.

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured that currently, we are working our best and diligently to have the accessories available as soon as we can. Highly appreciated your patience and understanding. Thank you.
2019-4-29
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-26 11:52

Dear Gamora,
tell us in which region the case is available. Maybe it's not far away... Joke ... But soon it would be nice ...
2019-4-29
Use props
fansa31179e2
lvl.3
United States

I just laughed so hard at the DJI response... oh so apparently the case is available in some regions but not others? Also i think you're company is pure trash, you use the case in your marketing for DJI Osmo Pocket accessories like it is currently out and on sale yet it isn't.  Such great marketing, selling people lies and leading people on in order to get more sales...BRAVO, BRAVO.  

Like the above statement, tell me plz which region has the case cause at this rate the "region" must be like on planet Mars.
2019-4-29
Use props
Heisenberg Abella
New

Colombia

As far as I know, there is a third party underwater housing for osmo pocket, being developed by the brand ULANZI.

Maybe, (maybe) there is also plans for this housing in the offices of SUNNYLIFE and PGYTECH. I think that this housing will be released first by a third party manufacturer, instead of the official dji.
2019-4-30
Use props
jedp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991991 ft
  • >>>
Germany

UK Have it, but out of stock, Heliguy, and https://www.hobbymounts.co.uk/sh ... rproof-Housing-Case
2019-5-1
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 4-26 14:32
If our satisfaction is based on the availability of the waterproof case, and no such case was available at the time of purchase, maybe we should have waited for said case. Or, if waterproofness was the selling point, maybe we should have gone with the GoPro at that time ....

Or stated more succinctly "If our satisfaction is based on DJI delivering on what they promised at launch and represented as being available almost immediately, having demonstrated it months before launch, then maybe we should never buy from DJI again".

Honestly the trolling fanboi posts of some on here never ceases to amaze me.
2019-5-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

AngularIan Posted at 5-1 01:30
Or stated more succinctly "If our satisfaction is based on DJI delivering on what they promised at launch and represented as being available almost immediately, having demonstrated it months before launch, then maybe we should never buy from DJI again".

Honestly the trolling fanboi posts of some on here never ceases to amaze me.

From someone who couldn't figure out where to attach the wrist strap!

2019-5-1
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 5-1 14:12
From someone who couldn't figure out where to attach the wrist strap!

No. From someone who pointed out that attaching a wrist strap to just the case was pointless and so asked a question about how it could be attached to the Osmo itself instead of the case.

A question that was then repeated by others.

But you go ahead and be a dick and rewrite history to try and score a lame point because that's what idiot lame fanbois do isn't it!
2019-5-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"I've looked all over the Osmo Pocket and can't see anywhere suitable for the included wrist strap."

Reading through the thread, seems you disappeared after it was pointed out in the replies. I firmly believe you were clueless.

On the subject of "dicks", you are the person that started up with name calling - a sure sign of lack of substance.

I am not a "fanboi" I simply tire of the whining.
2019-5-1
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

If our satisfaction is based on the availability of the waterproof case, and no such case was available at the time of purchase, maybe we should have waited for said case. Or, if waterproofness was the selling point, maybe we should have gone with the GoPro at that time ....

Hi Curt!
I think I missed your reply a while ago.

I do realize my fault.
If I do really want a waterproof action camera, I should've go with a gopro.
You made a valid point.

The thing that infuriates me is DJI advertises this as waterproof-able using the said case.
In that case, I place the waterproof ability in the same place as a gopro when I make the buying decision, and therefore deciding to buy this instead of gopro (since it becomes a better value because of the gimbal etc).

My mistake is I put too much trust on the brand for releasing the accessory fast.
Next time, I won't rely on DJI advertising accessory. Just buy the product as-it-is.
2019-5-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

StardustGeass Posted at 5-1 20:00
Hi Curt!
I think I missed your reply a while ago.

I'm an old fart. I learned long ago to expect what I see is what I will get. Retail sales is full of empty promises. "A bird in the hand ... "

That said, in the case of this waterproof case, I doubt DJI manufactures it; it's most likely contracted. Possibly, nothing has been delivered that DJI has determined reliable. I wouldn't want a waterproof case that is rushed to market, simply to satisfy demand. Personally, I would rather do without, than use a case that leaked ....

2019-5-1
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

BeterBan Posted at 4-27 02:14
I do not understand why somebody needs a GIMBAL (!?!) under water - long waiting for it and sure high price.

Buy a waterproof SJ9 or Hero7 (with more functions then OP) or one of thousand action cams with

2019-5-1
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am diving for about 35 years now (8mm, VHS, Hi8, GoPro – now will try Pocket). If I do not understand why someone does/need something and if I'm not interested in that, then I do not interfere.
Malta 1986, 8 mm. For 8 mm video and VHS, I've made the cases myself. Today there will be soon a great uw-case from DJI, hope dies last ...

Dear DJI engineers, Chinese New Year is over, hurry up...
Malta_86.jpg
2019-5-2
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Wow! 1986 (or was it 1896 ?) under water quality was really great!  
2019-5-2
Use props
Brainbustah
lvl.2

Germany

I am with the OP in this one.
Osmo Pocket was announced with this watercase among its possible accessories. Watercase that it has never been realeased. This can't be called any other thing than fooling your customers.
2019-5-2
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

In the Middle Ages it was said that one could turn stones into gold
- but this project has not been realized until today.
2019-5-2
Use props
fansc7cd910e
lvl.1
Malaysia

It was a big factor for me when deciding op over gopro. I am fairly disappointed too.
2019-5-2
Use props
fansc7cd910e
lvl.1
Malaysia

Udo13 Posted at 5-1 23:44

I do not understand why you thing it's OK to suggest we should buy another camera for underwater use given that op advertised that there's an underwater case. Whether I am gonna use the gimbal underwater is irrelevant. They sold op as a gimbal camera and an underwater camera in one.
That's misleading for those who bought it for both reasons
2019-5-2
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I just took a look at the original Osmo Pocket release video: http://tinyurl.com/y65zvtl3

I now have to side with those that say the video was total BS. The video flat out advertises all the accessories, with no "optional extra" or "Not yet available" disclaimers. This would lead one to believe everything is ready to go.

That said, at time of purchase, one should discover that these items are optional and are on indefinite backorder.
2019-5-2
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

BeterBan Posted at 4-26 10:52
Don't cry! Built an underwater case for some bukazoids + underwater case for phone  ... and a grip
Or wait one/two/three years for DJI's case for € 299 ...

Man you must REALLY be bored...
2019-5-3
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Curt1591 Posted at 5-2 19:13
I just took a look at the original Osmo Pocket release video: http://tinyurl.com/y65zvtl3

I now have to side with those that say the video was total BS. The video flat out advertises all the accessories, with no "optional extra" or "Not yet available" disclaimers. This would lead one to believe everything is ready to go.

Well, yeah...
Even on the CES, they said that the accessories are going to be available "soon".
Tbh, I never experienced a device' accessory being held on so long after the product release.

Well, apart from apple's wireless charging duo that gets cancelled eventually.
2019-5-3
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Buy a waterproof SJ9 or Hero7 (with more functions then OP) or one of thousand action cams with

Perhaps you don't understand this because you've never dove with a GoPro. ES doesn't work great UW and GoPro's stabilized footage suffers in low light conditions. The OP's gimbal will be heaven in comparison.
2019-5-3
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

DaMa Posted at 5-2 00:22
I am diving for about 35 years now (8mm, VHS, Hi8, GoPro – now will try Pocket). If I do not understand why someone does/need something and if I'm not interested in that, then I do not interfere.
Malta 1986, 8 mm. For 8 mm video and VHS, I've made the cases myself. Today there will be soon a great uw-case from DJI, hope dies last ...

Divemaster here, certtified in 2002. Totally agree!
2019-5-3
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Diving ...

2019-5-3
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buy a waterproof SJ9 or Hero7 (with more functions then OP) or one of thousand action cams with

The point is that the Pocket, with the housing, was attractive to some of us because it offered a gimbal for basic use AND could be used underwater.  I don't NEED a gimbal underwater, but it would have saved having two devices.  
2019-5-3
Use props
Brainbustah
lvl.2

Czechia

I took this screen shot from my Facebook. This is being advertised RIGHT NOW

Screenshot_2019-05-04-20-07-59.png
2019-5-4
Use props
fansa31179e2
lvl.3
United States

^^^ THAT, that is exactly what is wrong with DJI. They straight up lie to the public in order to boost sales with false promises.
2019-5-4
Use props
nyphotoga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5131 ft

Well I’m traveling in 2 weeks would’ve loved to buy this camera to go diving with but since DJI still hasn’t come out with a housing for underwater guess I’ll be buying the GoPro
2019-9-22
Use props
djiuser_12MlSJHVUj6i
lvl.2

Or he could have expected honesty in advertising. Oh my, what a thought to expect waterproof to mean it will stay dry. It’s our fault as consumers, I guess,  to trust companies when they sell us thousands of dollars of stuff that won’t perform as promised.
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_12MlSJHVUj6i Posted at 10-7 11:15
Or he could have expected honesty in advertising. Oh my, what a thought to expect waterproof to mean it will stay dry. It’s our fault as consumers, I guess,  to trust companies when they sell us thousands of dollars of stuff that won’t perform as promised.

The whole point was there was honesty, Osmo pocket UW case would be available later, I see go pro just released #8 and they tell us UW cage will be available later, this is tech companies like to tease In fact this happens in every business.
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules