12Next >
10407 40 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Started up my Smart Controller today and I get a prompt to update the firmware to the above number. It downloaded just fine but the installation hanges right in the begining. So after ten minutes of updating the progress bar is still at 0%. Tried to exit the updater and I get the mesage, "Updating the Firmware, please wait for the update to finnish." I'm afraid to reboot the controller since it is in the middle of an update.

Anyone else experience this? What should I do?  
2019-4-26
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to update it on the dji assistant 2, the latest version. It can only be downloaded using it. Download it to your computer to update...
2019-4-26
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

ting-ting Posted at 4-26 14:16
You need to update it on the dji assistant 2, the latest version. It can only be downloaded using it. Download it to your computer to update...

Thanks just got it to work with the Assistant 2.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MRomine. I am sorry for the trouble and it is good to know that issue has been solve. Just a friendly reminder that kindly please make sure that your DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version v2.0.8, please download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads to solve the said issue. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ting-ting Posted at 4-26 14:16
You need to update it on the dji assistant 2, the latest version. It can only be downloaded using it. Download it to your computer to update...

Actually that’s what I thought but a friend of mine updated to .0530 directly from his Smart Controller!

How do I know this for certain? After all the problems I had trying six times in two hours before successfully updating my own Smart Controller using DJI Assistant 2.0.8 I was on the phone to my friend to walk through the update process with him. When he turned his Smart Controller on it prompted him for the update directly without even being linked to a computer!

It took him about 15 minutes all in.

I also just posted in another thread where a different user updated directly from his own Smart Controller!

I know what the log file from DJI says about the only way to update is by using DJI Assistant but that is blatantly incorrect based upon the experience of others it would seem.

Seems I might have saved myself two hours of grief had I ignored the supposed ‘advice’ from DJI..

-=Glyn=-

2019-4-27
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GlynH Posted at 4-27 00:04
Actually that’s what I thought but a friend of mine updated to .0530 directly from his Smart Controller!

How do I know this for certain? After all the problems I had trying six times in two hours before successfully updating my own Smart Controller using DJI Assistant 2.0.8 I was on the phone to my friend to walk through the update process with him. When he turned his Smart Controller on it prompted him for the update directly without even being linked to a computer!

I usually do the update directly from the smart controller, but this time  I had no luck updating this firmware update it would update to 98% and failed. So I did the update with the assistant 2 and it failed also. Than I look on dji website and needed to put on the new version 2.0.8 and it finally updated. But yeah according to dji that should work. Sometimes it just a hit or miss on which way you update the controller.
2019-4-27
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
United Kingdom

i have the issue that despite being on 2.08 the update on the PC downloads, then moves to transmitting then at 16% the controller beeps loudly 3-4 times and shuts down

any ideas ? this update has been 100% frustration so far and I haven't even updated the drone or batteries
2019-4-27
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

this is the only error i get
2019-4-27
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

When i go on DJI website to download assistant 2. They do not have version V 2.0.8. The latest version i see on the website is V.0.7.
Where do i get Assistant 2 V.0.8 ??
2019-4-27
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuserCCO Posted at 4-27 10:26
When i go on DJI website to download assistant 2. They do not have version V 2.0.8. The latest version i see on the website is V.0.7.
Where do i get Assistant 2 V.0.8 ??

try here

https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2/info#downloads.

and when it fails click retry, then when it fails click retry and eventually it will go through ...

mine just completed after several hours ( really) of trying
2019-4-27
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Canada

Quentyn Posted at 4-27 10:31
try here

Thank you! I'll try your link soon.
2019-4-27
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Canada

Quentyn Posted at 4-27 10:31
try here

Just did the update successfully! Thanks again for the link for the V.2.0.8 version
2019-4-27
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Use this if your update fails

2019-4-27
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Forestjim Posted at 4-27 16:20
What this if your update fails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsRuKoyAyQ

Nice video, very thorough!  
2019-4-27
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-26 14:58
Hello and good day MRomine. I am sorry for the trouble and it is good to know that issue has been solve. Just a friendly reminder that kindly please make sure that your DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version v2.0.8, please download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads to solve the said issue. Thank you for your support.

I'm having the same trouble.  I can't update to 0530, I get an error every time.  Have tried half a dozen times, no success.  This is the same computer and the same USB cable I used a few days ago to successfully update to 0400 firmware on the Smart Controller.

I'm running DJI Assistant 2.0.8, which I believe is the latest version.

What can I do?  This is incredibly frustrating, and the software is very unhelpful.
2019-4-28
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Twirlip Posted at 4-28 14:14
I'm having the same trouble.  I can't update to 0530, I get an error every time.  Have tried half a dozen times, no success.  This is the same computer and the same USB cable I used a few days ago to successfully update to 0400 firmware on the Smart Controller.

Maybe a long shot. Why not try a different computer.
Good luck
2019-4-28
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Quentyn Posted at 4-27 10:04
i have the issue that despite being on 2.08 the update on the PC downloads, then moves to transmitting then at 16% the controller beeps loudly 3-4 times and shuts down

any ideas ? this update has been 100% frustration so far and I haven't even updated the drone or batteries

My SC also shutdown at 16% , but you need to wait since its doing its update at the SC.  The Dji Assistant will stay at 16% for a while.  The at 98%., the SC will reboot at least 3 times.. patience !
2019-4-28
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Twirlip Posted at 4-28 14:14
I'm having the same trouble.  I can't update to 0530, I get an error every time.  Have tried half a dozen times, no success.  This is the same computer and the same USB cable I used a few days ago to successfully update to 0400 firmware on the Smart Controller.

Try the other USB ports of your PC, mine did not recognized the SC until I connect it to my 3rd USB..  Funny !
2019-4-28
Use props
kevinhansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610856 ft
Canada

SectorDrone Posted at 4-28 19:40
My SC also shutdown at 16% , but you need to wait since its doing its update at the SC.  The Dji Assistant will stay at 16% for a while.  The at 98%., the SC will reboot at least 3 times.. patience !

My update crashes at 16%  as well. Well it doesn't crash, it gets to 16%, the smart controller beeps 3 times, and then it shuts down. After a while, the DJI assistant 2 throws up an error about an unstable connection, but it's clear that the controller simply shut down and didn't reboot or anything and it looks like the error from DJI assistant  2 is just a timeout of some kind.  

The only iffy thing is that when I connect the controller to the computer, there are 3 radio choices:  charge this device, transfer files, transfer photos (PTP).
I have tried all 3 choices, but I'm pressuming "transfer files" is the one that makes most sense.

Any thoughts? Anyone from DJI want to chime in and fix this?
2019-4-29
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you update assistant 2 2,0.8 and uninstalled previous version of assistant 2 and reboot your computer. Make sure your sd card is not installed on smart controller.
2019-4-29
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

kevinhansen Posted at 4-29 03:30
My update crashes at 16%  as well. Well it doesn't crash, it gets to 16%, the smart controller beeps 3 times, and then it shuts down. After a while, the DJI assistant 2 throws up an error about an unstable connection, but it's clear that the controller simply shut down and didn't reboot or anything and it looks like the error from DJI assistant  2 is just a timeout of some kind.  

The only iffy thing is that when I connect the controller to the computer, there are 3 radio choices:  charge this device, transfer files, transfer photos (PTP).

The advice list is endless as this problems seems to show up on various Win OS's.  

One thing I did whether or not it helps - I changed the Display timeout to the maximum 30 minutes so it would not beep and potentially turn off during the download/install.  

Remove sd-card.  Use the original charging cable for the SC.  Try a usb 2 port if usb 3 did not work.  Try another port.

Win7 and new Assist never would even see the SC or Drone (and I had just updated the drone two days before).  Used win10 surface book.

It worked.  But I still could not get the Win7 to see controller or drone.  In desperation, I used a Registry program, searched for and removed all 370+ references to DJI.  Ripped them out!.  Rebooted, reinstalled Assist and it finally showed the controller and drone.

DJI needs to tackle its programming skills.  But also the darn DATE issues remain.  Files from a April 27 flight show a June 2018 date including log files.
2019-4-29
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
France

The only iffy thing is that when I connect the controller to the computer, there are 3 radio choices:  charge this device, transfer files, transfer photos (PTP).

the solution is to uninstall DJI assistant then make sure you are using 2.08 and start again ( correct link to the right version of DJI assistant is above)
2019-4-29
Use props
Sergio069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 748 ft
Belgium

Hello, I can confirm that I got the same issue and it was simply the shutdown time because of "no connection" (3 beeps and...blackout).
So you have to try to keep your display "awake" or changing it to a higher value like ff2 says (30 minutes for instance).
2019-5-2
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

2019-5-2
Use props
Pidge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82844 ft
Belgium

i have the issue that despite being on 2.08 the update on the PC downloads, then moves to transmitting then at 16% the controller beeps loudly 3-4 times and shuts down

I have exactly the same problem. I always get the message poor connection with the controller at 16 % when updating. I did more than 5 attempts but still the same problem...I am now going to try the update directly on the controller with wifi connection.
2019-5-2
Use props
Pidge
lvl.3
Belgium

I have completely the same problem! Did you found a solution?
2019-5-2
Use props
Pidge
lvl.3
Belgium

Update succeeded!

My previous attempts didn't work because the computer I used has Windows 7 / 64 bit and only USB 2 ports
With the setup below it worked from the first time:

PC:  Windows 10 / 64 bit / USB 3 port, clean installation DJI Assistent 2 for Mavic (all others removed)

Smart Controller:  Internal SD card removed, USB 3 connection with original USB-Cable from DJI Smart Controller, WiFi off, battery fully charged. When connect the controller to the computer, you have 3 choices: choose  "transfer files".

Installation took 15 minutes without problems or error messages!

I hope this can help you!

Regards
2019-5-3
Use props
Pomypete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346647 ft
Australia

Finally, update worked.

I've done all the suggested stuff to get the dam SC to update.  Had all the problems like everyone else :- update hangs at 99%, I downloaded the update by wifi and Assistant 2.0.8 still no luck.
Over several days tried everything I could, this is the solution that worked for me, it may not work for you as we all know something that should be straight forward DJI has a few issues. I use Win 10 64bit.
1. Connect SC to PC (SC should be off doing this).
2. Turn on SC. Windows should make a sound to say a USB device is connected.
3. Start Assistant 2.0.8
4. Select Update Firmware
5. SC went through the up firmware, restarting the SC 3 times.
6. I then left the SC alone until it auto shutdown.
7. Turned the SC back to find it had updated.

Why is this process so difficult, I've been in computing for over 30 years updating motherboard firmware and building computers and never had these issues.
2019-5-11
Use props
fans42a0a877
lvl.1
Australia

I am having the same issue and none of the solutions above worked for me. DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic just won’t recognise my Smart Controller, in fact my Win 10 PC won’t even detect the controller being connected and turned on. Tried all the USB ports to no avail. Same thing on my Surface Book 2 which also runs Win 10. Is my controller faulty?
2019-5-11
Use props
fans42a0a877
lvl.1
Australia

New update. Finally got it to recognise and started downloading on my Surface Book 2. Only the second USB port worked though not sure why.
2019-5-11
Use props
KrugglyBear
New
Flight distance : 23678 ft
United States

The key is to get the right version of DJI Assistant for Mavic 2. I was banging my head against the wall with this for days until i realized that i have v2.0.6. Removed the old application and rebooted my machine before installing the new 2.0.8 version of DJI Assistant. Upgrade went off without a hitch. No need to remove your SD card or take any extra steps. Did this all on my older MBP running OSX 10.11.6 with USB 2 ports. I did, however, use the supplied DJI usb-c cable. I have seen lots of folks mention that other cables seem to have issues. Doesn't seem to make much sense, but i'm not complaining now that I have this great update in hand.
2019-6-2
Use props
£1000 for what?
New
United Kingdom

I know new and sucessful companies have the often carry the mentality of not being able to do anything wrong.

I also know that time is precious.

Instead of sending stuff out in a hurry, how does DJI consider the idea of testing their stuff before shipping them out?

Ideally so the product can complete the most basic functions such as a sucessful firmware update out of the box?

Do you think HR can look through their pile of CVs to find personel who can QC hardware and software before they are released?

Don't you think that sounds like the most wonderful idea?

Can you imagine how nice it would be for customers to pay money for an item and then for the customer to discover the item works?!

Don't you think it would be fabulous if a customer can recieve an item that works without doing half an hour of detective work?

Wouldn't DJI become a proper company if the customers didn't have to click through a handful of 3rd party amature youtube videos for solutions that may or may not work?

Here's yet another idea: If a firmware release doesn't work reliably, say someone posts of the offical forum and a load of people reply to it? Maybe DJI should apply a small percentage of common sense and pull the firmware from the public?

Just some sarcasm as I watch a brand new mavic 2 with smart controller repeatedly fail to update right out of the box.
2019-6-26
Use props
fans5c6b461d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have resolved this for my SC when I found out that when installing a new version of DJI Assistant, it did not uninstall the old version and the shortcut was loading the old version. Go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Unistall a Program and check you have v2.0.8.8 installed and uninstall any old versions unless you need them for other drones, then check that the shortcut loads it.
The SC did a lot of rebooting towards the end of the update but it finally installed OK.
2019-7-22
Use props
Gowles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4034364 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5c6b461d Posted at 7-22 11:19
I have resolved this for my SC when I found out that when installing a new version of DJI Assistant, it did not uninstall the old version and the shortcut was loading the old version. Go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Unistall a Program and check you have v2.0.8.8 installed and uninstall any old versions unless you need them for other drones, then check that the shortcut loads it.
The SC did a lot of rebooting towards the end of the update but it finally installed OK.

For what it's worth, on my MacBook Pro I had to look in the Applications folder to find the new DJI Assistant 2, rather than using the "Assistant" shortcut in Launchpad! Once I found the correct version everything worked perfectly!
2019-8-18
Use props
Maximiliaan
New

Belgium

That’s the controller that goed to sleep. Really ridiculous but you have to touch your screen every minute or so, so it does not fall asleep.. really stupid.
2019-12-25
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

i am using version 2.0.10    ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic )           
2019-12-25
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

set it in the menu to never sleep, is what I do when updating
2019-12-25
Use props
txcheffy
New

United States

my macbook wont let me open the file, is there a way to install the DJI assistant from the controller?
2020-4-5
Use props
djiuser_PDoG3QaBskGJ
New

United States

Unable to download new version. Keeps saying I have network fails. Then eventually gets to 99% drops then starts again....please advise as I want to use this with the mavic air2
2020-9-24
Use props
kennethbasteiro.yahoo
lvl.1

United States

Please Help.

I see another forum member had issues with the DJI smart controller got hung up when updating and he couldn't get out of the updating screen because it said "Updating please wait for the update to finish" I can't ... the controller down....at least I don't think I can. Can someone help as my controller in now just saying "Updating" and not going above 1%. PLease help
2020-10-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules