1014 8 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Not A Speck Of Cereal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Hey all,

I'm upgrading from a P3P. I have been able to fly this in fairly windy conditions. I've not attempt it in super-gusty winds, especially near obstacles, but I've flown numerous times in maybe 15mph conditions. I've been flying for about 4 years now, so I'm pretty experienced. Hand catching in windy conditions has not been a problem for me.

Is the M2P better, worse ... or about the same?

I suppose I'm mostly wary if this is a craft that you just don't want to fly in any wind, which would be a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks,
Chris

2019-4-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

I would said it is better, you can search for the M2P wind test in youtube, it was as solid as rock
2019-4-26
Use props
Not A Speck Of Cereal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 4-26 17:39
I would said it is better, you can search for the M2P wind test in youtube, it was as solid as rock

Thanks, I found a couple. It looks good.

Chris
2019-4-26
Use props
kykmavic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

M2P is better in wind by far!
2019-4-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have the zoom and trust me this drone handles very well in heavy winds
2019-4-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic 2 Pro actually auto changes it's pitch angle in flight to compensate for strong winds so will not only be very stable but will maintain fast speeds even in a fresh breeze (over 20MPH winds). Out of all the drones I have owned (including the P3P) the Mavic 2 comes in second after the Inspire in it's ability to handle strong winds. The only downside is that the battery depletes much faster on the M2 in stronger winds. You'll typically get around 25 minute flight times but if cruising around in 20+MPH winds this can drop to around 20 minutes quite easily.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Mavic 2 can resist up to level 5 winds on the Beaufort scale. However, we're recommending our customers to fly the drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences  to avoid the incident. You may refer to the images below for do's and don't during flying the drone. Thank you for understanding.

2019-4-27
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

kykmavic Posted at 4-26 19:29
M2P is better in wind by far!

not so good as an P4P so far
2019-4-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Not A Speck Of Cereal Posted at 4-26 18:38
Thanks, I found a couple. It looks good.

Chris

You're welcome mate
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules