When a6500 turned on, Humming noise occurs on Ronin S
1254 12 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everyone,

as soon as I turn on my a6500 (in a small rig cage with the 16-35mm GM lens) the ronin-s makes a loud humming noise. As soon as I turn my a6500 off - the humming noise stops.
I know others on the forum have had this issue - I have both the latest firmware on the ronin S.

My process is:
put the camera on the gimbal.
Manually balance
Then turn on gimbal, Autotune via app.
Then Balance test which scores excellent in all 3 movements.
I have also reduce the Filter settings to 19 for all 3 movements as well.

This issue is specifically - I turn on my a6500 then the humming noise from the Ronin begins, then turn off the a6500 the loud humming stops.

See video at youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWq-m_bF5d4

Or see below

I hope there is a fix for this! The noise is definitely triggered by the a6500 being turned on.

Best regards,
Ed.

2019-4-26
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

The loud humming occurs twice in the video: I turn on the camera at about 11 seconds then the hum stops at 26 seconds then turn on camera again at  43 seconds the loud hum begins then stops at 53 seconds soon after I turn camera off again. I hope there is a fix! Thanks, everyone.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ed, may I verify if all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly? Did you mount the lens support properly? If yes, could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP including the Stiffness and Strength value for further support? Thank you.
2019-4-30
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 04:41
Hi Ed, may I verify if all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly? Did you mount the lens support properly? If yes, could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP including the Stiffness and Strength value for further support? Thank you.

Hi Mindy,
thanks for your interest in this.
The knobs are all locked tightly.
It is difficult to use the lens mount as the middle of the lens does not sit right above the lens support centre V, but putting it on, the vibration humming is still present.
Find below screen shots of my current settings for stiffness, strength and filter.
Cheers,
Ed

2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Anvil Posted at 4-30 04:58
Hi Mindy,
thanks for your interest in this.
The knobs are all locked tightly.

Thanks for your quick reply, this will be forwarded to our engineers for further verification, I will come back to you once I hear anything from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Ed, we still would like to verify one more thing, was the Electric Image Stabilization in the camera and lens turned on or off? You may change the status of EIS to see if there is any luck.
2019-5-5
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-5 00:51
Hi Ed, we still would like to verify one more thing, was the Electric Image Stabilization in the camera and lens turned on or off? You may change the status of EIS to see if there is any luck.

Hi Mindy,
no the Image stabilisation was left on.
I will turn it off to see if it makes a difference.
There is no lens stabilisation only body of camera stabilisation.
I will let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Ed.
2019-5-5
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

I turned of in body stabilisation and it made no difference to the vibration.
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Anvil Posted at 5-5 04:01
I turned of in body stabilisation and it made no difference to the vibration.

Hi Ed, thanks for your patience, please remove other accessories as shown in the picture below, install the riser plate and the lens support, after the balancing, please restore the gimbal setup and AutoTune, then test if the issue remains. If there is no luck, please send in the device for further evaluation. In addition, did you test with other cameras?
2019-5-8
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-8 02:55
Hi Ed, thanks for your patience, please remove other accessories as shown in the picture below, install the riser plate and the lens support, after the balancing, please restore the gimbal setup and AutoTune, then test if the issue remains. If there is no luck, please send in the device for further evaluation. In addition, did you test with other cameras?

Hi Mindy,
where is the picture? I cannot see it.
I only own a6500 so have not tried with other cameras.
Cheers,
Ed.
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Anvil Posted at 5-8 16:33
Hi Mindy,
where is the picture? I cannot see it.
I only own a6500 so have not tried with other cameras.

Sorry, the picture was missed, please check again. 6FE14F92-974E-743E-552F-DF3A82FB9CA4.png
2019-5-9
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Mindy,
Ok will try this, thanks.
2019-5-16
Use props
Anvil
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Mindy,
I found slightly loosening the locking screw for the side to side movement of the camera plate on the gimbal arm until just tight enough to keep it held in place reduced the vibration sound and also turning down stiffness to 35 in all parameters as well. I think i am happy enough now the vibration sound is much less. Thanks for your ongoing discussion and help with this much appreciated.
Cheers
Ed.
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules