Battery Damaged after flight.
848 5 2019-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BatStryker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338812 ft
United States

I had just finished a flight and removed the depleted battery. I went to insert it into the battery storage slot of my Deco Gear DJI Mavic Air hard shell backpack. This backpack has form fitted slots for the DJI Mavic Air batteries, but the slots store the batteries vertically, unlike some storage schemes where the slots are horizontal. Anyway, I inserted the battery like I always do, except, this time one of the side release thumb sliders caught the edge of the storage slot and ziiiiing! the slider shot into the air, never to be found. Oddly, the dog ear portion was still intact. I found that I could use a pen or small screwdriver to get the dog ear to pop out, and the battery then can be installed in the drone, without causing an error message. Since the thumb slider is missing,  a pen or screwdriver is required to release the battery.
Anyway, from now on I will be more careful when putting batteries away for storage.
Just FYI
Batstryker

2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about what happened in your battery.May we have a screenshot of this particular battery that got damage by this scenario? For additional information, the battery that has physical damage is not recommended  to be used on the aircraft as this may affect into the flight and may cause incident. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-27
Use props
BearMan54
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161923 ft
United States

Maybe you should send him the parts to fix it...!
2019-4-28
Use props
BatStryker
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-27 14:25
Hi, we're sorry to know about what happened in your battery.May we have a screenshot of this particular battery that got damage by this scenario? For additional information, the battery that has physical damage is not recommended  to be used on the aircraft as this may affect into the flight and may cause incident. Thank you for understanding.

Here we see the battery with the missing thumb slider. Note that for this picture, I was unable to release the dog ear, and it is still stuck inside the battery, and of course rendering the battery useless,
Also a shot of my storage scheme.
2019-4-28
Use props
BatStryker
lvl.2
United States

BearMan54 Posted at 4-28 06:34
Maybe you should send him the parts to fix it...!

I did have the thought, that, maybe in a year or two, I might have another battery that will no longer charge, and I might then try to cannibalize it to repair this one. If I can get the dog ear to release again, I think I will try to drain it for long term storage.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BatStryker Posted at 4-28 07:08
[view_image][view_image]

Here we see the battery with the missing thumb slider. Note that for this picture, I was unable to release the dog ear, and it is still stuck inside the battery, and of course rendering the battery useless,

Hi, thanks for providing this photo with us. Unfortunately, this battery is not recommended to use as this may be dissembled during the flight which would cause serious damage to the drone. You may reach our support if you need further assistance. Should you have further concern, please keep us posted.
www.dji.com/support
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules