My most compact setup using the rode videomicro
7481 16 2019-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

This is my most compact and versatile setup I could come up with, if I want good sound and don't want the mic to show up in the picture.
DSC_7652.jpg
You can comfortably hold it with the right hand (in this picture I held it by the minitripod because I was too lazy to put my dslr camera on a tripod) and can also be fited for left handed people.
DSC_7653.jpg
You can comfortably hold it in portrait mode for instagram users by the mini tripod.
DSC_7649.jpg
Also, the minitripod comes in handy when you want to lie it down on a table or a flat surface.
You can replace the mini tripod with a lumecube (or something similar) for external lighting.
DSC_7658.jpg
The parts used are:
- polarpro tripod mount;
- rode videomicro;
- feiyu tech mini tripod;
- smallrig universal magic arms with small ballhead;
- tripod mount;
- osmo pocket controller wheel;
- osmo pocket audio adapter.

A more comfortable solution but not as compact, is using the old osmo pocket extension rod (this is not the original but a good copy):
DSC_7660.jpg

2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your great compact setup here. Cheers!
2019-4-27
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

This mount might give you a more compact result.
163418902049603320.jpg
2019-4-27
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

Tide Posted at 4-27 18:06
This mount might give you a more compact result.

I tought about this accesorry and I think it is a great setup for vloggers (I am not much of a vlogger). As soon as you turn the microphone and put a deadcat, it get's in the picture. Also, not really comfortable using that port for this thing, even if I know that the weight is suported mostly by the adaptor (also can't use the wheel controller).
My ultimate compact setup would be using the saramonic SR-XM1 (don't think it sounds as good as the videomicro but I am willing to make a compromise). Can't seem to find this mic in my country but I guess I will try and make an order on amazon.
2019-4-27
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really nice setup.
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very impressive set up
2019-4-28
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Great setup!
2019-4-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice setup
2019-4-29
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

For me that is too similar to my original Osmo rig and takes away most of the advantages of the smaller size of the Pocket. My original rig was too bulky and awkward to carry around and I'd have similar problems with this set-up although it does have the advantage over my planned set-up of allowing use of the scroll wheel and buttons.

I'm looking at reducing size of my "pocket" rig by using the new Pgytech data port adapter to cold shoe mount and the new Rode Wireless Go mics. Unfortunately both items are on 2-3 week delay (Rode has already been delayed two weeks past the date promised at time of order).  Will post pics when I have the set-up. My hope is that the combo will not only be smaller and easier to carry (square receiver is much less prone to rubbing and getting pulled off than a mic) but will give much better audio quality since the mic can just be clamped close to where it's needed. If the cord proves troublesome (I suspect it will) I'll use a belt-attached Zoom H6 recorder and just record the audio to that which would give me back my scroll wheel functionality.

Links for others who might be interested:
Pgytech Data Port to Cold Shoe and Universal Mount: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P ... 1_185740111_TE_item
Rode Wireless Go: https://www.rode.com/wirelessgo
2019-4-30
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Did somebody try (2x mono) Instamic or (1x stereo) Instamic Pro - not cheap, but Bluetooth.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=instamic+pro&sp=CAI%253D
2019-4-30
Use props
phorne96
New
  • >>>
United States

How is the audio performance you're getting with the Rode Videomicro? I just tested it out and the audio levels are almost unusably low.
2019-5-7
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

phorne96 Posted at 5-7 19:49
How is the audio performance you're getting with the Rode Videomicro? I just tested it out and the audio levels are almost unusably low.

Hi! The audio is excelent for me, no problems on audio level side. I use it in auto gain. Check to see if you accidentally set it to low in pro mode.
2019-5-7
Use props
phorne96
New
  • >>>
United States

andrei193 Posted at 5-7 23:19
Hi! The audio is excelent for me, no problems on audio level side. I use it in auto gain. Check to see if you accidentally set it to low in pro mode.

That was it! It's confusing that the gain settings are hidden in the pro mode.
2019-5-8
Use props
djiuser_Vpt16VTKaNvY
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there,

thanks for the nice setup description.
I received my DJI Audio Adapter today and have to say I'm disappointed with the low volumes it produces. Everything is more quiet with the adapter, compared to the internal microphones.

I tested the same audio setup today and found that the audio Auto setting is working louder/better than the Pro Mode with the highest volume. In Pro Mode with highest volume both mics (internal and rode) have a lower volume than on Auto mode. Don't know why.
Rode Lave+ has an even lower volume than the Rode VideoMicro.

Overall, not very happy with the external volume.
2019-5-9
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

djiuser_Vpt16VTKaNvY Posted at 5-9 06:10
Hi there,

thanks for the nice setup description.

The way I see it, it is normal that even the high mode on Pro Mode should be lower than auto because it is expected for the end user to postprocess the audio in post (it is a pro setting after all). You can use auto gain setting in pro mode if yo don't want to deal with post proccessing.
2019-5-10
Use props
djiuser_Vpt16VTKaNvY
lvl.1
Germany

andrei193 Posted at 5-10 00:30
The way I see it, it is normal that even the high mode on Pro Mode should be lower than auto because it is expected for the end user to postprocess the audio in post (it is a pro setting after all). You can use auto gain setting in pro mode if yo don't want to deal with post proccessing.

Thank you for the explanation!
2019-5-10
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

djiuser_Vpt16VTKaNvY Posted at 5-10 04:24
Thank you for the explanation!

You're welcome! Glad I could help!
2019-5-10
Use props