Hearing people saying battery update.
1260 31 2019-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

How true is this ? Please only moderators or experts from DJI answer this so others could know if its true or false
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify if you're asking if the firmware of the battery can be updated? If yes, then the application would provide an option for you to update the firmware of your battery by sliding the firmware upgrade option. Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Cheers!
2019-4-27
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

Tony But does it update the battery also and how the rest of the battery’s get updated
2019-4-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

After you update and place another battery on to the drone it will ask you to update battery.

It will do this for each battery.
2019-4-28
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

With the latest .400 firmware no update of my three batteries was requested. Confirm?
2019-4-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-28 04:44
With the latest .400 firmware no update of my three batteries was requested. Confirm?

That is correct for the Zoom and MP2
2019-4-28
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Woe Posted at 4-28 04:50
That is correct for the Zoom and MP2

Let me explain: After updating my Mavic 2 Pro to .400, I tested all 3 batteries connected to Assistant 2 and NO BATTERY UPDATES WERE ASKED. Even your?
2019-4-28
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

United States

Woe Posted at 4-28 04:35
After you update and place another battery on to the drone it will ask you to update battery.

It will do this for each battery.

I never have seen this when I place a new battery
2019-4-28
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-28 04:44

I have never seen or had a message of battery update. That's why I ask because people point this out and its not something that DJI tells you that its needed
2019-4-28
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Eggie Posted at 4-28 05:39
I have never seen or had a message of battery update. That's why I ask because people point this out and its not something that DJI tells you that its needed

I yes, often, even from .200 to .300 I have updated all 3 batteries via Assistant2
2019-4-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-28 05:27
Let me explain: After updating my Mavic 2 Pro to .400, I tested all 3 batteries connected to Assistant 2 and NO BATTERY UPDATES WERE ASKED. Even your?

On the old MP you had to update each battery after each update. With the new MP2 or Zoom

It's not necessary, at least that my understanding. I have yet to see this request for each battery.
2019-4-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Eggie Posted at 4-28 05:36
I never have seen this when I place a new battery

Sometimes it doesn't ask right away. But again it depends on which aircraft

your using.
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update the firmware on the drone and remote and the battery already in the drone will be updated with it.
After you put in another battery and connect everything back up, you may have a prompt on the home page (the one with the picture of your drone) in the GO4 app telling you that there is an inconsistent firmware. This will indicate that the firmware on the battery you are now using needs to be updated to match the drone. Tap update, swipe the screen and the firmware on that battery will update. Battery firmware update prompts will not show in Assistant 2 - just the app. Upgrading the firmware on the drone and remote does not always require the additional batteries to be upgraded - check the firmware release notes. I have bought two separate batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro and both required a firmware update out of the box but more recent firmware updates on the drone has not triggered the need to update the batteries.
2019-4-28
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

United States

A J Posted at 4-28 07:50
Update the firmware on the drone and remote and the battery already in the drone will be updated with it.
After you put in another battery and connect everything back up, you may have a prompt on the home page (the one with the picture of your drone) in the GO4 app telling you that there is an inconsistent firmware. This will indicate that the firmware on the battery you are now using needs to be updated to match the drone. Tap update, swipe the screen and the firmware on that battery will update. Battery firmware update prompts will not show in Assistant 2 - just the app. Upgrading the firmware on the drone and remote does not always require the additional batteries to be upgraded - check the firmware release notes. I have bought two separate batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro and both required a firmware update out of the box but more recent firmware updates on the drone has not triggered the need to update the batteries.

Not true never seen this message and I have always keep my drone UpTo date. Could any moderator confirm this
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eggie Posted at 4-28 09:08
Not true never seen this message and I have always keep my drone UpTo date. Could any moderator confirm this

Yes it is true. Have you not checked DJI Tony's response in post 2?
2019-4-28
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

A J Posted at 4-28 09:35
Yes it is true. Have you not checked DJI Tony's response in post 2?

The application never ask me to update a battery. I just updated to the new firmware and place the 3 batteries and it never said nothing of inconsistent  firmware or did nothing
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eggie Posted at 4-28 10:13
The application never ask me to update a battery. I just updated to the new firmware and place the 3 batteries and it never said nothing of inconsistent  firmware or did nothing

Then the firmware on your batteries are up to date. If they were not the app would trigger an inconsistent firmware between the drone and the battery and you will be required to update by following the process that I mentioned earlier. Just because you have consistent battery firmware does not make what I wrote to be untrue when it is actually fact than anyone who knows anything about these drones will concur.
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eggie Posted at 4-28 10:13

Here is the link to the official DJI tutorial on how to update the firmware on the Mavic 2 using the GO4 app. Go to 1:12 in that specific video to learn HOW TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BATTERIES... https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2/info#video
2019-4-28
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 4-28 07:50

You are wrong!  I have always updated the batteries through Assistant2 !!!  also there comes the window that specifies the inconsistency of the FW  installed between Mavic2 and Batteries !!!
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-28 12:23
You are wrong!  I have always updated the batteries through Assistant2 !!!  also there comes the window that specifies the inconsistency of the FW  installed between Mavic2 and Batteries !!!

No I am not wrong - watch the DJI tutorial - Jesus - these people!
2019-4-28
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

A J Posted at 4-28 11:57
Here is the link to the official DJI tutorial on how to update the firmware on the Mavic 2 using the GO4 app. Go to 1:12 in that specific video to learn HOW TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BATTERIES... https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2/info#video

Just looked at the video and honestly I have never gotten this message about the battery
2019-4-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eggie Posted at 4-28 12:26
Just looked at the video and honestly I have never gotten this message about the battery

Then you have nothing to update but that may very well change in the future when another firmware update comes through or you buy another battery - now you know what that pop up in the app will be for.  To update the firmware on that battery to be consistent with the drone.
2019-4-28
Use props
Eggie
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

I will keep that in mind
2019-4-28
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Woe Posted at 4-28 07:36
On the old MP you had to update each battery after each update. With the new MP2 or Zoom

It's not necessary, at least that my understanding. I have yet to see this request for each battery.

With the M2P and previous updates, there was a request for each battery to be updated separately. it seems that in this version of the fw it is not required.
2019-4-29
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 4-28 12:26
No I am not wrong - watch the DJI tutorial - Jesus - these people!

I repeat, you spoke wrong! The batteries are also updated on assistant 2 !!!!
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-29 20:30
I repeat, you spoke wrong! The batteries are also updated on assistant 2 !!!!

I repeat, NO I AM NOT WRONG!!! But I am very bored repeating myself to the ignorant who can't see the wood for the trees. I wrote "Battery firmware update prompts will not show in Assistant 2 - just the app" The last I checked my MacBook does not have a touch screen so how can I swipe it? The last I checked the DJI tutorial on upgrading firmware to the drone using Assistant 2 does not include a section on how to updgrade FW independantly on the batteries. Yet there clearly is a section on how to swipe the screen using the GO4 app to update battery firmware to be consistent with the firmware already on the drone using GO4. There is obviously no swipe screen prompt on Assistant 2 - which is my point as my reply to the OP highlights the most efficient and easiest way to upgrade battery firmware to someone who did not know (or even believe) that the batteries have firmware at all. Everything I have written is 100% on point and factual. Now please, stop trolling my posts.
2019-4-29
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12822 ft
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-28 12:27
Then you have nothing to update but that may very well change in the future when another firmware update comes through or you buy another battery - now you know what that pop up in the app will be for.  To update the firmware on that battery to be consistent with the drone.

Thanks for the very comprehensive information AJ.  This was all news to me.  Your patience is commendable, but unfortunately some people just can't be helped
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amershaman Posted at 4-29 22:27
Thanks for the very comprehensive information AJ.  This was all news to me.  Your patience is commendable, but unfortunately some people just can't be helped

You're very welcome and thanks for the comment. I'm done with this thread now as the OP's question has been answered and my patience is wearing very thin
2019-4-29
Use props
Werner F.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14745246 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I would suggest DJI should show actual battery firmware in Go4 app and Assistant2 with next updates to avoid such discussions!
2019-4-29
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 4-29 22:19
I repeat, NO I AM NOT WRONG!!! But I am very bored repeating myself to the ignorant who can't see the wood for the trees. I wrote "Battery firmware update prompts will not show in Assistant 2 - just the app" The last I checked my MacBook does not have a touch screen so how can I swipe it? The last I checked the DJI tutorial on upgrading firmware to the drone using Assistant 2 does not include a section on how to updgrade FW independantly on the batteries. Yet there clearly is a section on how to swipe the screen using the GO4 app to update battery firmware to be consistent with the firmware already on the drone using GO4. There is obviously no swipe screen prompt on Assistant 2 - which is my point as my reply to the OP highlights the most efficient and easiest way to upgrade battery firmware to someone who did not know (or even believe) that the batteries have firmware at all. Everything I have written is 100% on point and factual. Now please, stop trolling my posts.

I repeat again, the warning also comes out in Assistant 2!  Open the eyes !!
2019-4-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-30 09:12
I repeat again, the warning also comes out in Assistant 2!  Open the eyes !!

Good bye - and yes, the drone returns after a quick shot LOL https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=187292 hahahahahahaha
2019-4-30
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 4-30 09:14
Good bye - and yes, the drone returns after a quick shot LOL

thx bro!
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced