I had to restart the Ronin-S over 90 times during shoot!
577 0 2019-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

Equipment used:
  • Panasonic GH5S
  • Panasonic Leica 12-60 f/28.8-4 Lens
  • Atomos Ninja V Monitor/Recorder

I had a music video shoot yesterday, and it was paramount that I be able to use the ability of the focus wheel and the record start function for this project. After basic balance and auto tune, the Ronin-S looked like it was ready to go! I could clearly see the focus wheel was operating correctly as I was monitoring focus with the Ninja V with focus peaking. So then, I would start recording for around 30 seconds or so and all was well and then I'd stop recording and all was working as expected. But when I went to record for another take, the record function and focus wheel would no longer work. So I had to turn the Ronin off and back on before it would work again.

For longer takes, where I had successfully started recording with the Ronin, I couldn't stop recording using the Ronin-S record button. While this was happening, I also couldn't use the focus wheel anymore.

I had to power the Ronin-S over 90 times in the course of a 10 hour shoot before I simply lost track!

I have my first wedding of the season on May 18th, and this basic fucntionality for the Ronin-S is really necessary!

DJI HELP ME!!
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules