Android or iPhone for Drone Flying
9504 16 2019-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZoomUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 396535 ft
United States

How many of you use Android versus iPhone and does your drone have any influence on the type of phone you use?  Would like to hear everyones feedback.
2019-4-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I first started flying I use Android, But quickly realize that IOS is better.

It Cleary say on the box made for iPhone. When I used Android my video lag and broken video.(skipped frames).
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ZoomUser. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information and recommendation from our valued DJI members and owners who uses an Android or an iPhone in operating there drones. Thank you.
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iOS on DJI drones
2019-4-29
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started with Android and switched over to iOS especially when I got my Osmo Mobile 2. I have had great results with my iPhone 8+.
2019-4-29
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Does it matter?

Android user, no issues.

By the way, the Smart controller uses Android.
2019-4-29
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iOS here. Forget how little no I’ve been on this forum, but think that iOS is a more secure OS than Android, less issues for us! Awaits the ‘drone users to burn me, but less hassle than on android.
2019-4-29
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Difference between android and iOS is like difference between parrot drone and dji drone
2019-4-29
Use props
zappy54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

Yes iOS by far the best and doesn't drain your RC battery especially when using tablet
2019-4-29
Use props
ZoomUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 396535 ft
United States

I got the answered I was looking for. Thanks guys. Not surprised to hear iOS being superior.
2019-4-29
Use props
Saxman44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36060 ft
United States

I use Android and LOVE it.  It works perfectly with my M2P.
2019-4-29
Use props
Daystrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857162 ft
United States

I think with the right Android phone, you won't have any issues. The DJI app needs horsepower and memory. It has no problem running on my Galaxy Note 9. Hardware is one thing the iPhone has going for it. You can get yourself a really cheap Android phone that will run the DJI app, not good though and I bet that's where the problems arise.
2019-4-30
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Just to add my 2 penny worth, I'm very new to MP flying, my phone is a Sony experia Z5 and I have not had any issues what's so ever.
2019-4-30
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

This debate is getting boring, the made for ios on the box is a requirement from apple.

Android is an operating system not a phone so you can have a cheap under powered phone running android and then complain android does not work with Dji.....

High end android based phones work fine, I personally have 250 flight hours on a samsung s6 which is now 4 years old and it has no issues whatsoever running the Go4 app.
2019-4-30
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

iOS regardless of your preferred operating.
2019-5-1
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I'll throw mine in here for the fun of it.  I've used Android since day one with my drone.  I've used a Note 5 and now running a Note 9 and I've never had an issue.  A few little things have happened, but usually fixed by replacing an old USB cable.  Personally, I would never go with Apple.  Not because of issues with my drone, but the issues that I had with iTunes and my iPhone years ago  and the LACK of cooperation and assistance from Apple drove me screaming away from Apple and I swore that I would never use another Apple product.  
2019-5-18
Use props
Django64
Flight distance : 138727 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Even before DJI started putting "made for IOS" on the package box, their products always worked best with Apple devices; even the updates for IOS roll out much faster than Android and are a step ahead; they always say that they want to imitate Apple's high quality and workmanship.
2021-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules