Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sateh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70810 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

Hello everyone,
I need to know if the new revealed remote control that has the battery indicators and the gimbal lever at the left, is compatible with the phantom 2 vision +.
Can anyone help please?
2014-11-11
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It is not a lever on the left it is a dial and yes it is compatible with the P2V+. If you order one you want to make sure you over the 5.8GHz version. That is the version compatible with the Phantom 2 Vision+. Here are the product details: https://store.dji.com/product/5-8g-radio-controller-npvt
2014-11-11
Use props
pilotgaul
New

Qatar

Sorry to ask, but Im using Phantom 2 Vision...but..with an extra gimbal (rotor pixel) can i still use the new remote with the dial tilt?....
2014-11-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

pilotgaul Posted at 2014-11-24 17:55
Sorry to ask, but Im using Phantom 2 Vision...but..with an extra gimbal (rotor pixel) can i still us ...

We have not tested the new RC with the P2V with that gimbal..So i can't give you the exact answer whether you can still use new RC or not......
So sorry that I couldn't help
2014-11-25
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, is compatible the new control with the original Phantom Vision (not plus)?? Can the new dial move de vision camera?
2014-11-25
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

I have just purchased the new controller with dial tilt control.

I have paired the controller to my P2V+ successfully.

I have updated the new controller with the RC assistant with latest version firmware.

I can control the camera tilt with the new controller but as soon as I use the APP it stops the Controller Tilt dial working. Its either one or the other and the App overrides the controller dial

I'm also dissapointed that the dial returns to centre leaving the camera at approx 45 deg angle and the pilot is required to hold the dial continuously at the required tilt angle (unless its 45deg).  I would have assumed that the tilt would've stayed where pilot leaves it.  I haven't flown with the new controller but already feel I'll be dissapointed?

Am I doing something wrong with setup?  Why cant I use the tilt dial AND the App together?
2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-11-25 17:33
I have just purchased the new controller with dial tilt control.

I have paired the controller to my ...

Please connect to the Phantom's Assistant, go to Basic -- RC, choose Transmitter Version as Upgrade version.
2014-11-25
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-25 19:46
Please connect to the Phantom's Assistant, go to Basic -- RC, choose Transmitter Version as Upgrad ...

Hi Sophie,

Thankyou for your reply.  I was able to persevere and I stumbled across your suggestions prior to your reply.  However I still cant get  a smooth action of the tilt.  I have calibrated it multiple times and it doesnt improve the result at all.

Can you please clarify for me...Is the tilt control function supposed to be proportional?  That is a small movement will give a slow travel to the eventual end stop position?  And a full complete movement of the tilt knob dial should give a rapid movement to end stop position???

Its just not behaving smoothly and jitters all over the place!
2014-11-25
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Please, can someone answer my question, please?

Is the new controller (camera tilt) compatible with Phantom vision Not plus camera?? Can I move the camera with the new controller??

I want to buy one but I need to know this.

Thanks very much.
2014-11-25
Use props
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I did my upgrade to the new rc transmitter and it works successfully. I also dislike the centering of the knob, so I remove the spring in the knob so that it will not center. All you need to do is to open the case of transmiiter and unscrew the tilt control knob, only 3 screws, and remove the spring, pretty easy to do. Good luck
2014-11-25
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks to another user w-nils I was put onto this method to calibrate the controller WITHOUT using the assistant software and it WORKS.  Just follow the sequence carefully. The tilt action is now smooth and proportional!
005739uii55gni6z5iqnl5.png
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-11-26 06:44
Thanks to another user w-nils I was put onto this method to calibrate the controller WITHOUT using t ...

You should still calibrate in the Assist software.  The procedure above calibrates the controller and what it sends to the Phantom; it does not calibrate the Phantom to the control signal of the controller.  IMO you need both to be stable and accurate.
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

stan@rcsail.com Posted at 2014-11-26 01:45
I did my upgrade to the new rc transmitter and it works successfully. I also dislike the centering o ...

Curious; why don't you like the centering for the throttle?  I can off hand only imagine one case where you might not want center and that would be for manual mode.  For everything else, being that center throttle is equal to hold in-place I can't imagine why you would want it disabled.

Please share your reasoning; I'd like to know.

Tks
2014-11-25
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-26 06:52
Curious; why don't you like the centering for the throttle?  I can off hand only imagine one case  ...

No where did I say THROTTLE.  I was referring to the tilt dial.  And that is working perfectly now and was due to the mismatched firmware and then the poor calibration within the assistant software.
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-11-26 07:35
No where did I say THROTTLE.  I was referring to the tilt dial.  And that is working perfectly now ...

Sorry, I thought you meant throttle.  OK, the tilt dial, why would you remove it; center stops camera movement at the position it currently is in (at least that is how it works on my Phantom).
2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

ben_m16 Posted at 2014-11-25 17:06
Hi, is compatible the new control with the original Phantom Vision (not plus)?? Can the new dial mov ...

Hi Ben, the new RC with a left dial is unable to control the Phantom 2 Vision's gimbal in that it's a servo gimbal.
2014-11-25
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-26 08:27
Sorry, I thought you meant throttle.  OK, the tilt dial, why would you remove it; center stops cam ...

Yeah I agree and it works perfectly now. BUT when I first initiated the system it was all over the place and I had to hold the tilt dial constantly at the desired angle of view I wanted. If I let it go to neutral/centre the camera ALWAYS returned to an approximate 45 deg viewing angle. Hope that makes sense?

Now that I have all the corruption/calibration sorted it works how I had hoped
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-11-26 10:37
Yeah I agree and it works perfectly now. BUT when I first initiated the system it was all over the ...

That makes sense now.  Thanks.
2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-11-26 10:37
Yeah I agree and it works perfectly now. BUT when I first initiated the system it was all over the ...

Glad to know that~~
2014-11-25
Use props
y6000
lvl.1

United States

Hi Sophie,
i try to use new controller for my vision, but it looks  can not link to vision.  when try  calibrate in the Assist software, it say controller firmware mismatch , need upgrade. does this mean new controller not compatible to vision at all or need some firmware upgrade to make work? my firmware of controller is 1.0.2.31, the latest one.
2014-11-25
Use props
y6000
lvl.1

United States

just tested, the new controller is working perfectly with p2V, with tilt diag working with camera gimbal too.
2014-11-26
Use props
aminul_1432004
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33451 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks to another user w-nils I was put onto this method to calibrate the controller WITHOUT using t ...

Dear TAXDODG, Thanks for this trick. One question from me, Do i turn on the NAZA-M Mode for this callibration or the basic phantom mode can do the trick?
2014-11-29
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

aminul_1432004@ Posted at 2014-11-29 22:41
Dear TAXDODG, Thanks for this trick. One question from me, Do i turn on the NAZA-M Mode for this c ...

Hi aminul_1432004

This trick is to calibrate the controller (TX) and doesn't use the assistant software in any way so shouldn't matter what mode you are flying with.  You don't need to hook anything up via USB to PC in other words.

I'm using NAZA btw.

Hope that helps
2014-11-29
Use props
fl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474754 ft
Denmark

HI

I just got the new RC for my Phantom 2 Vision+ and i have a problem with calibrating the throttel stick. When I calibrate one is about 145, and way of the limits, so i can't connect the RC to the Phantom2
Can i do anything about it, or do i have to send it ind for repair?

/Flemming
2014-12-11
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Issues With New Remote with wheel
I have followed the forums instructions other user have suggested on how  to make the new remote wheel work with vision plus but ones app is turned on it overrides Remote wheel. Ever  thing else works great

Please Help
2014-12-12
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2014-12-13 08:56
Issues With New Remote with wheel
I have followed the forums instructions other user have suggested ...

Have you definitely calibrated the controller MANUALLY and NOT with the assistant software?  Also make sure all firmware updates are up to date on everything.
2014-12-13
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Sateh -- the answer to your original question is yes (If you haven't been thoroughly confused by this point)  I have both Version 2 and Version 3 of the Phantom 2 Vision + and have been able to link both versions to the newest remote control (If anyone is wondering I have also been able to link both versions to the older model remote as well)

The jerky gimbal problem** -- solution: TRANSMITTER CALIBRATION WITHOUT SOFTWARE see the post by TAXDOG above (original credit goes to w-nils)   
PLEASE NOTE ! -- In step 4 of the procedure where it says to move all the sticks don't forget to move the GIMBAL CONTROL DIAL through it's complete range of movement as well or it won't fix the problem!

** jerky gimbal -- when you move it one way it is smooth and proportional, move it the other way and it gets jerky, erratic or sticks in one position.  This cropped up after one of DJI's firmware updates and I was firmly convinced it was a hardware problem with the potentiometer in the gimbal wheel of the new remote control.  However, I was also able to duplicate the fault in the older model remote control as well so this pointed to a softwae problem.

2014-12-13
Use props
Sateh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70810 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

Thank you Gil
2014-12-13
Use props
dmcleish
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys,
First post here. I recently purchased the Phantom 2 Vision + V3 if I got the nomenclature correct and aside from two crashes when I turned the quadcopter over to RTH I have been able to control it w/o crashing. (Second crash required a replacement of the shell which gave me a much more intimate relationship with the quadcopter than I had planned so early on! )

The only issue I have had has been the jerky and sometimes reverse response of the camera tilt control on the transmitter itself. FInding this thread and the method outlined in calibrating the transmitter above has now rendered the control of tilt on the transmitter as one would hope. Thanks!! I would add that my transmitter has spring return to center on both joy sticks. I was also not clear on when to return sticks to center and proceed from step 3 to step 4. The last cautionary note in step 3 was confusing as it seems to have been placed after the sequence of events it pertained to? In other words, the period mentioned ends when you move switch  2 to the CL position and hear the audible "Di".

At any rate, THANKS!

My primary interest in this quadcopter is capturing video over the ocean here in Hawaii and I accept that the only thing salvageable in the event of a splashdown would likely be some plastic and the microSD card provided I can get to it before it sinks! If anyone has come up with any reasonable flotation solutions I am all ears!
2014-12-14
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2014-12-17
Use props
fitforlife0032
lvl.1

United States

fl@fl-foto.dk Posted at 2014-12-11 17:25
HI

I just got the new RC for my Phantom 2 Vision+ and i have a problem with calibrating the throtte ...

I had the same issue with my P2V+. I called customer support who could not help at all with the issue and said to send it in. I sent it in for repairs and they said nothing was wrong with it. So I sent the quad on a $60 joy ride to CA. I believe that I have corrupt assistant software, but DJI claims they have no report of bad software.  I'm still searching forums for people who have had the same problem. There are now 2 of us for sure.
2014-12-21
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2014-12-21
Use props
fitforlife0032
lvl.1

United States

InspiredDead Posted at 2014-12-22 01:11
Calibrate Controller without using software...  see above....... Then everything works great... As ...

How do you remove the throttle lock?  I don't care for it. I can see it getting locked in place on accident and killing the power in mid-flight.
2014-12-23
Use props
fitforlife0032
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Gerry1124, I didn't know if it would shut off or not. Still not sure I like it being there.
2014-12-23
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

Will this way of calibrating work on the new controller? Mine just continues to beep after powering it up and does nothing when you move to CL. Help
2015-2-9
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

Will this way of calibrating work on the new controller? Mine just continues to beep after powering it up and does nothing when you move to CL. Help
2015-2-9
Use props
buzzyboy
lvl.1

United States

I did my upgrade to the new rc transmitter and it works successfully. I also dislike the centering o ...

Got any pics or video of how you did it?
2015-2-12
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

buzzyboy Posted at 2015-2-10 07:19
Will this way of calibrating work on the new controller? Mine just continues to beep after powerin ...

Hi Buzzyboy.  Yes its all about the new NPVT581 controller with the tilt dial on the top LH corner
2015-2-18
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Stan,  Can the spring be removed and later re-installed if necessary?  Or, do you damage the spring when it is removed?  Is there enough friction on the wheel to hold it where you leave it during a flight?  I would sure like to know.  Have you seen any YouTube videos dealing with the fix that you made?
2015-2-18
Use props
miyeoba
lvl.2

Nigeria

Hi guys.
I just bought Phantom 2 Vision+. On recalibrating the RC, it reverted to Mode 1 by which the left stick now controls the camera making the dial unresponsive. The right stick controls the throttle. Have tried to connect the RC to the Assistant software to no avail.
My question now is how do i reverse the RC to mode 2, please?
2015-2-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules