Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to prevent the flying away from your point
8216 14 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PardzFilm
lvl.3

Philippines

How to Prevent A Drone Flyaway
Prevention is better than, well, trying to locate a missing drone. So here are some tips for preventing flyaways that every drone owner should know.
1. Do a Pre-flight Check
Never fly your drone without doing a pre-flight check. Check that the batteries are fully charged, the controller is properly linking to the drone and all the components are working as expected.
Remember to also check the weather around the area you are flying. Sudden wind or rain can cause a flyaway or damage your drone.
2. Remember to Set a Home Point and RTH Altitude
Before taking off make sure you have set your home point. This is the point where the drone will automatically fly back to if the batteries go low, it loses signal or you activate RTH (Return To Home).

If you are on a moving object such as a boat set a dynamic home point. Otherwise the drone will land far away from where you’ll be or even splash down into the water.
As you set a home point also specify an RTH altitude. Make sure it’s higher than the highest trees, objects or buildings in the area. This ensures the drone doesn’t bump into anything as it flies back.
Even if your drone has obstacle avoidance, as many new DJI camera drones do, it’s still a good idea to set an altitude. The sensors may not work in low light and can miss some obstacles such as thin branches or glass.
3. Recalibrate Your Compass
Don’t just rely on your GPS to guide your drone. It also needs a compass to be able to orient itself properly in RTH mode.

For DJI drones you can check the status of the compass on the DJI GO app. It will show you when the compass needs to be recalibrated. This is usually necessary when there is too much magnetic interference where you are flying.
4. Fly Within Line of Sight
This is common sense. There is a reason the FAA requires you to keep your drone in sight at all times. By flying your drone too far out of sight you not only risk losing it, it could also endanger others.
Also make sure there is enough light to see your drone. If it’s foggy, fly your drone closer than usual or wait for the weather to clear.
Additionally, don’t fly your drone if it’s too late in the evening or too early in the morning when there isn’t enough light.

2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great tips share
2019-4-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-4-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nice tips.
2019-4-29
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep the tips coming too
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative tips with us! Thank you for your support.
2019-6-13
Use props
kellykevin
lvl.1

India

I am very happy to joining this forum board. This is my first time here.  I have gone through with many discussion and blog posts here. Many of them are really worth reading. I did not find beautiful site like this before. Your work is simply superb. Love your work a lot. Thank you so much for sharing this here.

In this post you have covered very important points. And you have explained each of them in a detailed manner. I must like to say that this is a one of the healthy post. So I thought of dropping few words about this here. You have good writing skill to attract readers. Keep up the good work like this. I would like to share the below points here.

Nowadays Automaton trackers are beginning to get famous. They use GPS to always monitor your automaton area. Different trackers utilize a phone signal, guaranteeing you can find your automaton regardless of whether there is no GPS.

What to Do In Case of a Flyaway
Suppose if you have enacted RTH and the automaton has not return check the region around to see whether it has crash landed some place. Make sure to likewise look upward in the trees. Drones get effectively caught among branches.
If that your automaton did not have a tracker and you cannot discover it close where you will be, you may need to utilize another automaton to scan for it. Either request that a companion help or purchase a shabby $200 camera drone.
Another alternative is to check the telemetry data in the controller or application. It will for the most part have data on the last area and flight bearing of the automaton.
As a proportion after all other options have run out set up publications in the region and online in a nearby discussion and note the automaton's sequential number. Perhaps a decent Samaritan discovered it and is searching for the proprietor. Thanks for the post! Enjoy!

My SITE: Essayservices.org
2019-6-25
Use props
-->"onmouseover=alert(1)//
New

United States

nice dude you are awesome
2019-6-26
Use props
Joy Stix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8301 ft

Portugal

thank you . very helpful
2019-7-2
Use props
Miro Perez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Great tips
2019-8-24
Use props
Aydin Tamturk
lvl.3

Valuable tips !! thanks a lot
2019-9-4
Use props
ernie_e
First Officer
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Great tips.
2019-12-13
Use props
Scottyp7
lvl.1
Canada

This is great stuff, I am waiting for my first drone ( a mavic mini ) and want to ensure I don't crash it or lose it because I didn't take some time to learn how to do it properly. Thanks for the tips!!
2019-12-27
Use props
ernie_e
First Officer
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-1-15
Use props
samturk14
lvl.1

United States

I might also suggest calibrating the controller each time before flying .  The joysticks and gimbal control wheel can become out of adjustment.
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules