1861 11 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Hi All

So I recently got around to doing the FlySafe update and now at home, I get the "must acknowledge" warning because the app "thinks" I am within 5.5km of an airfield (grass).  Well, I am actually 6.9km from it, so my question is on what basis is this database operating?  Is it FAA regulations?  Transport Canada regulations (which are changing soon)?  If its Transport Canada then the database is inaccurate.  It did not stop me from flying, I saw the warnings previously, but now I have to acknowledge.

This has been bothering me for some time, and I would love to know why its so wrong.  

2019-4-29
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi Northwood, i think our governments are sending the coordinations for their no Fly zones to Dji, who works this out in their Geofencing program.
With every update new zones are blocked, ...
One year ago the DJi Go app allowed me to make free flights here at my home place(Belgium), some months ago there was a warning before takeoff.. and now the Spark is totally grounded!!
Although i am in a Authorization zone, the authorization request doesn't work, i had several active authorizations but Spark only takes off when i move it over some kms..pitty, pitty, no more flights over sea and dunes.

2019-4-29
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

You can advise DJI of the inaccuracy, if I'm not mistaken the email adress is flysafe@dji.com .
2019-4-29
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jyc Posted at 4-29 11:32
You can advise DJI of the inaccuracy, if I'm not mistaken the email adress is  .

Thanks jyc, will try that again.
2019-4-29
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

JMR58 Posted at 4-29 11:17
Hi Northwood, i think our governments are sending the coordinations for their no Fly zones to Dji, who works this out in their Geofencing program.
With every update new zones are blocked, ...
One year ago the DJi Go app allowed me to make free flights here at my home place(Belgium), some months ago there was a warning before takeoff.. and now the Spark is totally grounded!!

Sorry to hear it, I dont expect they will expand my particular location to no-fy, but I see how this has negatively affected you.  Thanks for your response.
2019-4-30
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

jyc Posted at 4-29 11:32
You can advise DJI of the inaccuracy, if I'm not mistaken the email adress is  .

I see other topics about getting no response to that email address, but I will certainly try it.  Thanks for your response.
2019-4-30
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

So I sent of a detailed email to that address, lets see how long it takes.
2019-5-1
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Got my answer.  They said 'Our geofencing systems are designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a certain user/country" and that I should basically just agree each time to taking responsibility, which is not a problem for me.  They are more concerned with major airports and other no fly locations.

The text of the message I get is absolutely wrong, but hey, its a big world, and I guess this is minutiae to them.
2019-5-1
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Northwood Posted at 5-1 09:05
Got my answer.  They said 'Our geofencing systems are designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a certain user/country" and that I should basically just agree each time to taking responsibility, which is not a problem for me.  They are more concerned with major airports and other no fly locations.

The text of the message I get is absolutely wrong, but hey, its a big world, and I guess this is minutiae to them.

At least you got an answer.
2019-5-1
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

jyc Posted at 5-1 12:01
At least you got an answer.

Ya, I guess everyone's mileage may vary!
2019-5-8
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

In another post with a similar issue.  The Admin said to provide the Latitude and Longitude from where you are trying to take off as well as the following info sent to flysafe@dji.com
Maybe sending all the info below will get you a reply faster or period.

1, Your flight controller's SN.Please connect the drone with the app, go to DJI GO/DJI GO 4 > General Settings > About >Flight Controller SN to check the number.

2,Your DJI account email .

Could you please connect your drone with controller and APP ,and send us the following information :

1,A screen shot of your DJI GO 4 APP ,about page .

2,A screen shot of your DJI GO 4 APP ,unlocking list page .

3,A screen shot of your DJI GO 4 APP ,map page .
2019-5-22
Use props
mbre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32454 ft
Canada

I attempted my to fly my M2P this week in an area I have successfully flown before.  The latest DJI updates changed the Geo Zones such that I could not take off (GO 4 indicated I was within their Blue authorization zone)
I confirmed through Nav Canada’s Designated Airspace Manual and  Flight Charts as well as the NRC interactive map that I was authorized to fly at this location, even with a Basic drone pilot’s certificate.
I tried unlocking GO 4 as the guidance suggested, but it did not allow me to.

I wrote to flysafe@dji.com, and as their reply (see below-paragraph 2) indicated, I was required to submit a “Custom Unlocking Request” (with dummy documentation attachment) to unblock the area I wished to fly in.
I did this, and received an email within an hour indicating I could fly in this area for up to 12 months.  I assume I have to reapply after 1 year - no sweat.  I tested it and the unblocking works.  Just a little frustrating that we have to go through this because DJI is over zealous regarding its Geo Zone blocking.

DJI’s RESPONSE:
Thank you for your email and sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

Our geofencing systems are designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a country.

1. To have the red restricted zone unlocked for your aircraft, please visit this link and submit an unlocking request.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock. Our audit department will review the request in 1 hour.

Please note that the following documentation and information will need to be provided for the requested area to be unlocked:

1. A form of Authorization: Please submit documentation indicating your authorization to fly in the designated area. Documentation may differ depending on the type of the restricted zone:
- Airport: an authorization or permit from the airport or the aviation authority.
- Nuclear plant: an authorization or permit from the nuclear plant or the aviation authority.
- Prison: an authorization or permit from the prison or the aviation authority.
- Stadium: an authorization or permit from the stadium or the aviation authority.
- Military base:only accept applications from the military base.
- Disaster area: only accept applications from government agencies, such as police, fire, rescue, public safety, and aviation authorities.
- Other areas: an authorization or permit from the aviation authority or a public safety agency.

2. The flight controller's serial number will be needed: (It can be found in the DJI GO/GO 4 app’s about page). Please check the attached picture for your reference.

3. Kindly note that the unit of the unlocking radius is KM, and the unit of the unlocking height is M.

2. We now provide the Advance Unlocking for the GEO system so that you can unlock the BLUE Authorization Zones by yourself.

Here are two methods of unlocking Authorization Zones by yourself.

1. Use the latest DJI GO/GO 4 app and log in with your DJI account. When you are in the zone area, please make sure the mobile device has internet access. There will be a warning message in the DJI GO/GO 4 app asking you to unlock the zone. Then please follow the instruction in the app to unlock the Authorization Zone.

2. If you will not be able to access the internet in the Authorization Zone, you can use the Flight Planner on the GEO website to unlock it in advance. You will need to enter your devices flight controller serial number which can be found in the DJI GO/GO 4 app General Setting->About page.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

If the method above not working. Please kindly visit this link and submit a Custom Unlocking request for the blue Authorization zone. http://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock. Your unlock submission will be reviewed in 1 hour at any time.

1). It is unnecessary to submit Authorization document for this area. (Your requested area should not overlap red restricted zone)(Please attach a blank document in step 1 to proceed )

2). The maximum unlocking period for this area is 1 year, please kindly do not exceed the period limitation.

3). The flight controller serial number will be needed: (It can be found in the DJI GO/GO 4 app’s about page), please check the attached picture for your reference.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for supporting DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards
DJI Technical Support
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules