921 17 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I decided to assemble an entire Rig. I can't see using it, but, on the other hand, this provides perfect lighting and sound. What do you think? Post your biggest Rig set up.

The Big Rig

The Big Rig

[url=]
[/url]

The big rig.jpg
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TheCameraGuy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful setup you have. Great work and thank you for sharing this awesome rig.
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Different but cool
2019-4-29
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Contraproduktive to small OP, but a nice joke!
2019-4-29
Use props
saitron
lvl.3
Mexico

Cool, but not pecketable anymore! What kinda things are you thinking to shoot!!??
2019-4-29
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I was just looking at stuff I had, and thought i’d Assemble something that was funny. In truth, removing the 256 led light would make it useful for blogging.  That GoPro rig is designed to hold those items.
2019-4-29
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

if you want to film a lion in Africa with this equipment
you can only walk slowly and soon you are eaten by the lion
2019-4-29
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I’d
Use my professional camera and gear.

You are an odd person.
2019-4-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-29 13:15
I’d
Use my professional camera and gear.

That reminds me of a cross between 'Robby the Robot' and 'War of the Worlds'.
Cool though
2019-4-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice setup! Great job
2019-4-29
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

LOL. Sad thing is some folks will probably do something like this!
2019-4-30
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

AngularIan Posted at 4-30 05:36
LOL. Sad thing is some folks will probably do something like this!

That’s true, someone will. I’d use it if I was doing a sit down in my office because it has good sound and great, controllable lighting.

Many Vloggers use the JOBY Rig - it’s actual name - with a small light and the mike with either a phone, GoPro or I guess the Osmo Pocket.  You bend the legs at the bottom and it gives you the distance from your face you need. I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe later this week.
2019-4-30
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-30 06:19
That’s true, someone will. I’d use it if I was doing a sit down in my office because it has good sound and great, controllable lighting.

Many Vloggers use the JOBY Rig - it’s actual name - with a small light and the mike with either a phone, GoPro or I guess the Osmo Pocket.  You bend the legs at the bottom and it gives you the distance from your face you need. I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe later this week.

For a static setup like a home or studio I'd always use a DSLR and more professional equipment.

My original Osmo rig looked similar to yours and I still have it, but it's a pain (mainly because of the Z-axis) to put it into a rucksack or whatever and the setup time is ridiculous.  I bought the Osmo Pocket because the best camera is always going to be the one you have with you, but setting it up with a rig like this would make it almost as difficult to carry around as a DSLR/Ronin-S setup without the huge improvements in quality the latter would give me.

I've bought way too many of the Osmo Pocket accessories but in reality they pretty much all detract from the unit's main selling point - it's in my pocket at all times. I'd say the controller wheel is the most important by far, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how my default shooting has been to NOT use the phone meaning much less clutter and faster speed up time, but the lack of a decent "fits in the pocket" case that accommodates the controller wheel means it doesn't get used.  I also tried the charging case which ALMOST fits in the pocket and means I can carry ND filters around too, but that has proven to be a huge disappointment. It's made for people with tiny fingers and it's almost impossible to get filters into or out of the slots provided for them without smearing fingerprints all over them. And it has no space for the controller wheel.
2019-5-1
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Nice setup!  For indoor recording I use something similar and sometimes I attach a GoPro just for fun.  Everyone's filming needs are different and you use what you have to get the job done.  I would like to see more setup configurations from people.  Yes, the OP is small and it almost feels like a sin to add extra attachments, but who cares at the end of the day it is a filming tool and if gets the job done why not.  For outdoor filming, I use mine naked, Lol!   
2019-5-1
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

AngularIan Posted at 5-1 01:26
For a static setup like a home or studio I'd always use a DSLR and more professional equipment.

My original Osmo rig looked similar to yours and I still have it, but it's a pain (mainly because of the Z-axis) to put it into a rucksack or whatever and the setup time is ridiculous.  I bought the Osmo Pocket because the best camera is always going to be the one you have with you, but setting it up with a rig like this would make it almost as difficult to carry around as a DSLR/Ronin-S setup without the huge improvements in quality the latter would give me.

Like you, I have professional 4K gear, so money shoots would be used with those.

Also like you, I have too many accessories. I've purchased pretty much what's available. The charging case is really nice, but I want to include the Wifi adapter and the control wheel, which I can't, so I end up with the charging case in my bag and I use one of the other cases that will allow my control wheel and WiFi adapter.

So far I'd give the unit 4/5. The lack of better and more direct audio is what takes that point. I also suspect DJI will release a newer unit sooner than I would like. I'd like to get a year out of this before I see a new one at least.

But, at the end of the day, It's a fun toy.
2019-5-2
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Joemar7 Posted at 5-1 05:36
Nice setup!  For indoor recording I use something similar and sometimes I attach a GoPro just for fun.  Everyone's filming needs are different and you use what you have to get the job done.  I would like to see more setup configurations from people.  Yes, the OP is small and it almost feels like a sin to add extra attachments, but who cares at the end of the day it is a filming tool and if gets the job done why not.  For outdoor filming, I use mine naked, Lol!

I could attach a GoPro to this concoction. It would have been simply to make it even more annoying and larger.

The idea was just to have some fun with some of the accessories, which I did.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

I like the idea of maximizing OP's possibilities.
The question is how practical it is? I'd always prefer the portability over complexity, even with the price of quality.
It doesn't mean that I would shot something important with a portable device like OP without any accessory on it but I would bring with me on a such occasion a much more efficient device in terms of quality which as portable as possible, like my Sony A6300 Mirrorless camera.
I would consider maximizing OP's possibilities by creating the most flexible file (RAW for pictures and D-Cine for video) for post processing the results with the best available software available today.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A very luxurious entire Rig.
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now