Phantom 4 pro failure
1366 14 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

Hi all,
  This is my second post on this subject. I had a crash with my Phantom 4 pro 3-29-2019, It was approximately a mile out and about 200 feet up when I received a High Wi-Fi interference warning and was advised to land safely ASAP...I pressed RTH button on the remote and it was returning to me when the screen froze and I lost contact, I waited a couple minutes, jumped in the cat with the remote and was able to pick up the signal from the remote and was  able to locate the quad, with very heavy damage as I have Cate refresh I made a claim and sent it in. DJI said I was only 10m off the ground going dull throttle and that it hit power lines...there was no other input from me except the RTH button , but, I did not complain, I paid the 99$ and received my replacement April 17th  I bound the controller to the quad as instructed and was literally just flying I. The yard 10-15 ft up and it flew directly into a power pole no input from me and apparently no attempt at obstacle avoidance...so I had to immediately send it back in again, just wondering if something, a DJI person, can tell me if there is a malfunctioned ction not the fault of the operator will DJI replace it?
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Support. We do appreciate bringing this query to us and we are sorry about what happened. As you had sent the drone in, the local team will offer you a proper solution after they receive the package and do the damage assessment. If it's a warranty case, we will get your unit replaced or repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, please feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help. Thank you.
2019-4-29
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-29 13:04
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Support. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. As you had sent the drone in, the local team will offer you a proper solution after they receive the package and do the damage assessment. If it's a warranty case, we will get your unit to replace or repair with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, please feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help. Thank you.

CAS-2943240-W5V1V9 is my case number, I am just concerned that I don't lose my last care refresh as this was definitely not my fault thank you for any help you can provide
2019-4-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We can take a look at the flight log if you care to follow the link below please? Right off the bat though, im going to call compass error, did you calibrate it prior to launch?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ Posted at 4-29 15:48
CAS-2943240-W5V1V9 is my case number, I am just concerned that I don't lose my last care refresh as this was definitely not my fault thank you for any help you can provide

We will apply the data analysis and do our best to figure out what happened, our support team will contact you if more data is needed.
2019-4-29
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

Everything checked good, compass, IMU, everything, I had 14 Satellites...I was literally just testing functionality in my front yard after having just received the drone.
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-29 18:31
We can take a look at the flight log if you care to follow the link below please? Right off the bat though, im going to call compass error, did you calibrate it prior to launch?

I have never done that, but, doesn't that required me to have the bird, I have sent it to DJI in Cerritos
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-29 20:17
We will apply the data analysis and do our best to figure out what happened, our support team will contact you if more data is needed.

Thank you I appreciate all your help
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ Posted at 4-30 02:29
Everything checked good, compass, IMU, everything, I had 14 Satellites...I was literally just testing functionality in my front yard after having just received the drone.

Hi, thanks for getting back with us. The case is still under investigation which handled by our Data Analysis Team. With this, you will receive feedback via email as soon as the investigation completed.  Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-30 08:33
Hi, thanks for getting back with us. The case is still under investigation which handled by our Data Analysis Team. With this, you will receive feedback via email as soon as the investigation completed.  Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

DJI Support)

5月1日 CST01:56

Dear Melinda,

Thank you for your patience.

This is Ken from the Technical Support team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

Here's the result of the data analysis on your case number: CAS-2943240-W5V1V9.

Incident date: Mar. 17th, 2019
1.  The aircraft worked under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s command well;
2.  Flight Time T=1045s, Distance to Home Point D=40m, the aircraft flew to the left as the pilot moved roll stick to the left, and crashed with obstacles;
3.  Obstacle avoidance can't detect fine objects such as power lines.
3.  The incident coordinate:  35.8985008 -77.9978932

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction.

We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges.

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ken
DJI Technical Support
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

So the above is the email I received from DJI, this basically proves to me they just will not approve a warranty claim. Prob #1- it occurred April 17th not March 17th, prob #2- same stock response of how it can't see power lines, it hit the pole people, tue pole , big as a tree trunk prob#3- there was no input from me on the controller, it was hovering, moved in a straight line toward the power pole , stopped for a second and then flew straight into the power pole.
  I really didn't want to believe all the horror stories about their customer service, but , now I am seeing it firsthand.
  So I guess, barring some kind of miracle, I will now have to use my last care refresh replacement.
  This is a shame, I own 2 4 pros, a Mavic zoom and a Mavic Air and this is how I get treated?
  Shame on you DJI....
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ Posted at 4-30 10:18
So the above is the email I received from DJI, this basically proves to me they just will not approve a warranty claim. Prob #1- it occurred April 17th not March 17th, prob #2- same stock response of how it can't see power lines, it hit the pole people, tue pole , big as a tree trunk prob#3- there was no input from me on the controller, it was hovering, moved in a straight line toward the power pole , stopped for a second and then flew straight into the power pole.
  I really didn't want to believe all the horror stories about their customer service, but , now I am seeing it firsthand.
  So I guess, barring some kind of miracle, I will now have to use my last care refresh replacement.

Hi, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. However, upon checking with your case it's already payment confirmed and you already settle the invoice for the second replacement with this, we can no longer dispute the invoice anymore. I hope you understand. Thank you.
2019-4-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ Posted at 4-30 02:30
I have never done that, but, doesn't that required me to have the bird, I have sent it to DJI in Cerritos

No, its off your phone or tablet, if you follow the link and the instructions you would know ;)

Not that it matters now as you have settled anyway
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-30 18:05
No, its off your phone or tablet, if you follow the link and the instructions you would know ;)

Not that it matters now as you have settled anyway

I am already almost 6 weeks in without the copter and need it for my business, so as bad as I hate it and as much as I disagree, it was the only decision that made any sense...
2019-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_uK47kVSI2bHQ Posted at 5-1 01:57
I am already almost 6 weeks in without the copter and need it for my business, so as bad as I hate it and as much as I disagree, it was the only decision that made any sense...

Hi Melinda, sorry to read your frustrations. I pulled up the case number you've provided and after confirming, your aircraft was shipped out 2nd of May with the tracking number 1ZE80E404248828764. Should you have any further clarifications, other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules