DJI Battery Charger - USB/Powerbank?
994 3 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigJimVideoProd
lvl.2

United States

I have a "vertical" charger that I got with my DJI Osmo+ - I also have three batteries (so far) and was wondering if there was a way I could charge these batteries through a powerbank, if I don't have access to an electrical outlet while I'm out filming.  Is there an adapter/cord or a USB charger that I could use?  Would some powerbanks be good enough to charge a battery or two if I'm on the go and need it charged?

2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BigJimVideoProd. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members on what power-bank they are using. In addition just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part accessories or devices like a power-bank when operating your DJI Osmo for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using 3rd party accesories or devices might cause harm on the said DJI device and can void the warranty as well Have a safe and happy filming always. Thank you.
2019-4-29
Use props
BigJimVideoProd
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-29 11:43
Hello and good day BigJimVideoProd. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members on what power-bank they are using. In addition just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part accessories or devices like a power-bank when operating your DJI Osmo for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using 3rd party accesories or devices might cause harm on the said DJI device and can void the warranty as well Have a safe and happy filming always. Thank you.

Thanks!  One point of clarification - I wouldn't be using a powerbank with the Osmo+ itself - I mean with the separate battery charger that comes with the camera when you purchase it.

I wasn't sure if there was some DJI-approved/sold cord or something, so it sounds like there isn't one made by/approved by DJI.  Thanks!

Still looking forward to hearing what others use...
2019-4-29
Use props
BigJimVideoProd
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-29 11:43
Hello and good day BigJimVideoProd. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members on what power-bank they are using. In addition just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part accessories or devices like a power-bank when operating your DJI Osmo for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using 3rd party accesories or devices might cause harm on the said DJI device and can void the warranty as well Have a safe and happy filming always. Thank you.

Actually, on a second thought - will the External Battery Extender work with the Osmo+?  It's listed under the "Osmo+ Accessories" section in the Osmo store, so I'm assuming it would be a Yes....?
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules