Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Insurance in Australia : anyone insures Mavic Pro?
870 9 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

Hey Auzzies ,

Do you know any local Co (or international???) which would offer travel insurance covering Mavic Pro  or dronze for personal use / amature, in the range of the price for Mavic Pro here?

I tried 3 co's so far - AAMI, Suncrop, QBE - I didn't get any luck. I specifically ask them for covering the drone (upto 1700, what I've paid for the full combo I bought) for my travel next month.

Please share if you know something !
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day v01d. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation for our valued DJI co pilots on what insurance are they using in Australia on there DJI Mavic Pro and on there other DJI drones. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-29
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-29 15:47
Hello and good day v01d. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation for our valued DJI co pilots on what insurance are they using in Australia on there DJI Mavic Pro and on there other DJI drones. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Thank you
2019-5-1
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Check out this linky Australian drone travel insurance
2019-5-1
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

Boffin Posted at 5-1 22:24

Thanks, Checking !   
So far only Budget said, they might cover it for in-flight , but it depends.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome v01d and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-5-3
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

Boffin Posted at 5-1 22:24

Contacted few, there are still limitations (obviously) but I went with WebJet. Could not find better deal overall.

Note: technically none will cover for in-flight damage / losss...  Budget said over the phone "it depends on circumstances" , but once you add extra value above their $700 per item limit, they become expensive and not budget at all anymore , in fact more expensive than anyone almost.
2019-5-7
Use props
Liam McDevitt
New
Flight distance : 9898 ft
Australia

v01d Posted at 5-7 16:34
Contacted few, there are still limitations (obviously) but I went with WebJet. Could not find better deal overall.

Note: technically none will cover for in-flight damage / losss...  Budget said over the phone "it depends on circumstances" , but once you add extra value above their $700 per item limit, they become expensive and not budget at all anymore , in fact more expensive than anyone almost.

Hi V01d, did you end up getting insurance? Im travelling the world and have not found anything
2019-6-11
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

Liam McDevitt Posted at 6-11 16:04
Hi V01d, did you end up getting insurance? Im travelling the world and have not found anything

Hey,

Yea, I got WebJet.   For price once-off cover was 'best' in terms of price for all my digital gadgets I took with.
2019-6-13
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

v01d Posted at 6-13 17:20
Hey,

Yea, I got WebJet.   For price once-off cover was 'best' in terms of price for all my digital gadgets I took with.

Basically I think,  all of them will insure it as a camera - at least few told me over the phone. You covered against the usuals - theft, loss, damage in transportation.

About loosing it in flight, that depends and there could be chance. If you can prove it wasnt' your fault, it was in your vision , etc...
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules