Connection loss and No telemetry or video during RTH?
1181 5 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PMPS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243675 ft

United Kingdom

Hi normally I regain  signal and telemetry at some point during RTH but a few days ago I had to initiate RTH due to sudden loss of signal at 500m (launched with 22 sats, open fields, antennas on the craft down, antennas on the controller perpendicalar to the quad location etc) and neither the video feed nor  telemetry came back on the controller even when the quad came back close. The craft precision landed on the middle of the mat just fine but even as it was landing I had no live video feed and no telemetry on the DJI go 4 app. In fact I had a tense few minutes intially waiting for it to come back as I had no way of knowing it was actually returning to home.
I currently connect my iphone to the little port on the side of the controller using a lightening cable. I am wondering whether the connection issues may be due to this cable/port  and I would be better getting a tablet which I could connect to the larger USB port on the back of the controller?

Grateful for any thoughts/experiences.

Best Wishes

Paul
2019-5-1
Use props
Rymair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789252 ft
Australia

Hi there,  I have had this happen as well.  Signal loss with an immediate return to Home.  My work around to regain full control was to turn off the Controller and start it again, remember return to home has been initiated and there is no signal anyway so turning it off does not matter.   I found that the Controller happily re acquired the drone after a re start.  Just make sure you complete the process before it lands in case it is slightly off course.
Cheers,

Michael.
2019-5-1
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

I learned that the first question in this condition is: does the AC still respond to the RC, then you can still control it albeit manually without video fb. I've had this a number of times when switching between video and photo mode, lost all data, but RC worked fine and the logs show no connection loss - it scared me good the first time it happened (+phone logs contained all data, indicating that I had full control via RC)
2019-5-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

But why the close radius signal lost in the 1st place?
I thought the dept defense put up a shield when garage wireless wont respond called umbrella jamming?
2019-5-2
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

cutis Posted at 5-2 10:45
But why the close radius signal lost in the 1st place?
I thought the dept defense put up a shield when garage wireless wont respond called umbrella jamming?

Same applies, first establish whether signal was really lost by means of checking the log files on the phone. Garages are structures with a lot of metal, which may shield/distort radio signals
2019-5-3
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

True, even cars parked interfere regardless antenna favoring craft directly.
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules