Vlogging kit to date..building it
802 13 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hi Everyone:

Well, a while back I decided to start a travel vlog and with an emphasis on "extreme" road tripping and seeing how much I can in 36 hours and have the most fun I can while I am there with weekend drives up to 8 hours one way to get to the location.  Or catching a late Friday flight and coming back Sunday evening.   

In the vlog I plan to use 4 primary themes:  

1) Why am I going to this particular spot, it could be for personal reasons like my trip in two weeks to Denmark for a friend's wedding or just for the hell of it because I have some free time.  If they are "extreme" 36-hour road trips, they will take planning to find the right route and make the most of it for me and anyone who might join me.

2) How I am getting there and this includes both the transportation means and the route, also why I chose this route and what I like and don't like about it.  I.e. Winding hill country roads or unrestricted zones on the German Autobahn.

3) I'll show viewers the things I see as I get to my destination.  As best as I can I will try to explain the history, if there is any, around the sites I see along the location or the destination itself.  To do this, I will use my Spark and other tools in the vlog kit, some you see and some yet to come and if I can which shall all be purchased before I head to Denmark, except for my iPad Pro I have to wait a few more weeks to get that.

4) Lastly, I will explain to people, if there is any, what I got out of the trip and if I would recommend for others or for if I would go again.

The PPTed photo shows the following, my 2018 BMW 118i Sportline which I call "El Pepe" (yes, El Pepe will see the German Autobahn and thank God unrestricted zones still exist).  Also, yes I consider my car as part of my kit, because you got to get there somehow and I won't count anything I don't personally navigate to get to my location. Opus a stuff animal travel buddy of mine, and other things in the photo you are familiar with minus an action camera (and it will need to handle 200 plus KPH on the Autobahn, but I'll leave it at that) and iPad pro.  There is a wifi router hub in the photo too which I talked about in detail the discussion section.  The hub allows you to connect like your smartphone or tablet wirelessly via wifi to say a hard disk and it works great. I want to be able to vlog on the fly, if I can, thus a light mobile capable kit that can all fit in a smallish backpack which airlines won't complain about when it is my "carry on" or second bag on the plane.

Things I won't really do is "review" my car, I'll make initial comments if it is a first of what I like don't like because there are 10000's of people who have already done this.  The only car "review" I will do is maybe with rental cars if they are worthy of a review.

Anyways, please let me know your thoughts about my plan, if you do or have done the same thing, and any advice you might give me to make my vlog a success.  When I am up and running I will post drone only and links to the whole video vlog here. I don't care about being famous on YouTube, I just want people and myself most importantly to enjoy what they see in the vlog.  The one thing I would consider the greatest comment is if someone goes to one of the locations how I went and hopefully, enjoyed both the location and the route getting there.  State tuned more to come.

Here is my 36-hour road trip video:
My 2018 BMW 118i aka El Pepe
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=188330

To date vlogging kit

To date vlogging kit
2019-5-1
Use props
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

P.s. my primary video camera, I forgot to say, will be my iPhone XR attached to the OSMO Mobile 2 gimbal
2019-5-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Blackpaw. Thanks for sharing this information to us. Hope that you could get the best recommendations and suggestions from our valued DJI co-pilots and members here in the forum that have the experience to create a vlog. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-1
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cool! That's a good theme! Thanks for sharing the great idea!
2019-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice kit
2019-5-16
Use props
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

Well, from that photo some things have been changed...I took, back the OSMO mobile.  I found the Mobile too heavy for my needs. So I got an action cam and unfortunately before DJI put theirs out, but I am very happy with it and it is no slouch.  I will work on a DJI cam for my next purchase.
2019-5-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blackpaw Posted at 5-20 07:45
Well, from that photo some things have been changed...I took, back the OSMO mobile.  I found the Mobile too heavy for my needs. So I got an action cam and unfortunately before DJI put theirs out, but I am very happy with it and it is no slouch.  I will work on a DJI cam for my next purchase.

No worries. I just bought a Olympus Tough TG5 right before the DJI action cam came out....
But I like my Olympus. It is (for what I have seen) a nice addition for my trips to Sweden.
Plus it was on a rather big discount.
2019-5-20
Use props
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 5-20 09:20
No worries. I just bought a Olympus Tough TG5 right before the DJI action cam came out....
But I like my Olympus. It is (for what I have seen) a nice addition for my trips to Sweden.
Plus it was on a rather big discount.

I am going to first get a video capable camera, ligitimate one, and then go for another action cam.
2019-5-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blackpaw Posted at 5-20 09:28
I am going to first get a video capable camera, ligitimate one, and then go for another action cam.

What kind are you thinking of?
2019-5-20
Use props
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 5-20 12:13
What kind are you thinking of?

Well, I got the best offered before the DJI OSMO action was announce / released, which was the GoPro Hero 7 Black.  Though I am 90% sure the next action cam will be the DJI
2019-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blackpaw Posted at 5-21 05:53
Well, I got the best offered before the DJI OSMO action was announce / released, which was the GoPro Hero 7 Black.  Though I am 90% sure the next action cam will be the DJI

Enjoy what you have. Use it till it dies!
There is no such thing as a 'best' camera.
I think your choice is a perfect one.
One of the best out there!
2019-5-21
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

Its better than dragging this bundle around with you
2019-5-24
Use props
Blackpaw