Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M200 as I2 alternative
1194 2 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Hi
We want to build a drone for live TV as an alternative to the Inspire 2.  The broadcast company we are working for is not happy with the  Lightbridge downlink. It really "jumps" when they cut from the OB  cameras to the drone feed. So we need a good alternative:
Thinking in a M200/M210
Gremsy gimbal
Black Magic Studio micro + Olympus primes. Ideally a fast zoom lens
Skaarhoj WI FI  wireless remote for the BM (does anybody knows what people are using these days to control wirelessly a drone mounted camera?)
High quality wireless video sender like Teradek or Microlink

I know that landing gear in the M200/M210 is fixed. So I know that at  least that must be modified to pan the camera and not see the LG
The batteries protrudes way down, so I assume I cannot point backwards  without seeing the batteries unless the angle is very down
Has anybody experience controlling wirelessly any camera? BM or not?
Does anybody know if this configuration could work? Can the M200 be operated dual op. just like the I2?
We are very pleased with the I2 low profile / medium-small size. We  don´t want to go for something bigger unless there is not an alternative. And not willing to spend $70.000+ in a Alta 8 system with Freefly Carbon

Best regards
2019-5-1
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

You tried to configure Cendence remote in broadcast mode (10 mbit downlink) and direct connection to the control room with SDI cable?

I did some tests and they were happy with the result.
2019-5-2
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

ToscanaDrone Posted at 5-2 23:05
You tried to configure Cendence remote in broadcast mode (10 mbit downlink) and direct connection to the control room with SDI cable?

I did some tests and they were happy with the result.

That´s what we are doing
Not near close to a real video transmitter like Teradek, etc. Lightbridge compression artifacts make the I2 really not so good for broadcast cut to cut with other broadcast cameras.
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules