Osmo Shield Accidental Water Damage
2681 6 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

Does Osmo Shield cover water damage?  I purchased Shield the day after I purchased the Osmo Pocket.  Today I took a tumble in the Gulf of Mexico with it in my pocket.  My cell phone, my car keys and my hearing aids survived but my Osno Pocket did not.  I can’t find if water damage is covered under Accidental Damage and when I try to fill out a online repair it says I will be charged for repairs.  Do I need to contact DJI to have the Shield Accidental Damage policy activated?
2019-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dalford, I am sorry to hear this. Regarding your requestion, yes, water damage is covered within the one-time-only Accidental Hardware Damage Coverage. Please kindly provide me with your Osmo Pocket serial number, I'll help to check the status of your Osmo Shield.
2019-5-2
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-2 01:44
Dalford, I am sorry to hear this. Regarding your requestion, yes, water damage is covered within the one-time-only Accidental Hardware Damage Coverage. Please kindly provide me with your Osmo Pocket serial number, I'll help to check the status of your Osmo Shield.

Thank you DJI Thor.. My serial number is.  Thanks again for,your help with this issue...
2019-5-2
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-2 01:44
Dalford, I am sorry to hear this. Regarding your requestion, yes, water damage is covered within the one-time-only Accidental Hardware Damage Coverage. Please kindly provide me with your Osmo Pocket serial number, I'll help to check the status of your Osmo Shield.

Any word on my Shield status?
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dalford Posted at 5-2 12:09
Any word on my Shield status?

Sorry for the late reply due to the time difference. The Osmo Shield is active, no worries, you can double check the status at https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/InquiryPage as well. BTW, fyi, your serial number was deleted by me as I had finished checking.
2019-5-2
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
United States

Just wanted to post an update to the  Osmo Shield policy and my Osmo Pocket that took a dump in the Gulf of Mexico.  I enterd a work order and DJI authorized free shipping to California,  my Osmo Pocket was evaluated and basically scrapped due to water damage.  They sent me a new unit.  This took less than 3 weeks with the bulk of the time just being ground shipping from CA to FL.  Kudos to DJI for an excellent warranty experience and very quick response to my issues,
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_fPtBkMjJYaf1
New

I purchased the Osmo action a few months ago, yesterday my Osmo action was placed into the pool and hasn't worked since.  I can’t find warranty information anywhere about water Damage or any damage for that matter.  Who do I need to contact at DJI to have it repaired or at least looked at? do I have a factory warranty with DJI ? my serial number is 129DG3700180T1
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules