Indoor Photogrammetry
1792 7 2019-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jagles
lvl.1

France

Hello everyone,

I would like to use my P4RTK to do photogrammetry indoors, it's a big local with a machine inside and I would like take this in photogrammetry.
I can't take a previous plannification because i'm inside. If people know to do it in manual i take.

Thanks in advance.

2019-5-2
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

You won't have GPS inside, so you'll have to either fly in Atti mode or do the "drone on a stick" thing using a painter's pole or something. You will likely have to trigger the shutter manually to record still images, or you may be able to use a timed auto trigger. At that point your AC is just a camera, so you'd be better off using a high-end DSLR or other high megapixel camera.

You can do photogrammetry with images that have no position information in most software packages, but to orient and scale it correctly you'll need some control.
2019-5-2
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

If you connect to the base it should be RTK but 0,0,0 for the coordinates. Manual flight triggering the shutter should work but would just be a giant pain in the butt? You could then export the photo centers and shift to wherever needed before processing or 0 may work for your needs. Interesting project please report back with any attempt results!
2019-5-8
Use props
Jagles
lvl.1

France

I doesn't find any information for the rtk module to be a georeference database
and to execute the photogrametry, the model will need a lot of photos
if you have information about setting up the new 0

at the level of the tests already carried out, no information gps passes in the local. I can only do manual mode. do you know if there is a way to reglege object detection
2019-5-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mayehem Posted at 5-8 08:23
If you connect to the base it should be RTK but 0,0,0 for the coordinates. Manual flight triggering the shutter should work but would just be a giant pain in the butt? You could then export the photo centers and shift to wherever needed before processing or 0 may work for your needs. Interesting project please report back with any attempt results!

Don't think this will work, @Mayehem. The base coordinates must be within 50m of where the base thinks it is, and it remembers the last coordinates used. Maybe if one reverts to factory default or otherwise forces the base to forget where it was last.

I could be wrong, as I haven't tried it.
2019-5-9
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

patiam Posted at 5-9 08:04
Don't think this will work, @Mayehem. The base coordinates must be within 50m of where the base thinks it is, and it remembers the last coordinates used. Maybe if one reverts to factory default or otherwise forces the base to forget where it was last.

Yeah you are probably right. I'll test the connection part inside over the weekend but don't have the space to fully test out this concept.
2019-5-9
Use props
Jagles
lvl.1

France

patiam Posted at 5-9 08:04
Don't think this will work, @Mayehem. The base coordinates must be within 50m of where the base thinks it is, and it remembers the last coordinates used. Maybe if one reverts to factory default or otherwise forces the base to forget where it was last.

What is the handling to do to put it in the factory or forget the old position?

I can try for us
2019-5-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jagles Posted at 5-10 00:03
What is the handling to do to put it in the factory or forget the old position?

I can try for us

No idea... With the laughably minimal documentation DJI has provided we all just fumble about and experiment until we figure stuff out.

Let us know how you get on!
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules