Video Only 5 Minutes and 26 seconds everytime. ?
8444 3 2019-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I start a video with my osmo pocket and after 5 minutes and 26 seconds it stops and starts another video for another 5 minutes and 26 seconds and so on and so on until I stop
  recording. What am I doing wrong? Have no idea what to do. Can someone please help. Leaving for the beach tomorrow. 5/3/19.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Roger1167. Thank you for reaching out. For Osmo Pocket, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. There are some reasons:

1. For SD cards with a memory less than 64GB, only FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.
2. For SD cards with memory greater than or equal to 64GB, only exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.

Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-2
Use props
garykral
New

United States

Is there a way to change this setting?  How do I make it so the single recording is all part of one file?
2022-9-1
Use props
djuser5
New

United States

they now format both internal storage and sd card as exfat so no excuse to split recordings but files are still limited to 3.5GB.
when this will be fixed?
answer me asap or else i am returning camera!
unbelievable 10 years old sony action cameras record in one file!
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules