1294 4 2019-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Out yesterday on a stony beach and thus used a landing pad thing.
Other than the usual P4PV2 Yaw drift issues the flight went okay.

That was until I wanted to land.

I got the low battery alarm (20%) and headed back to my launch pad (Drone only 50' away). Hovered over it and slid the screen control to land. Usual obstacle avoidance disabled message and it went down to about 1ft off the pad and stopped!

No error from what I could see and joysticks did nothing and the only option I could see was to cancel the landing touching the 'X' onscreen.

The only thing I could think of doing quickly was to grab it in the air which I did.

Only tried this once before and neglected to be ready to operate the desend joystick so the motors went to full power.

Managed to operate the desend stick and put it on the pad.

Any thoughts on why it would not land? Never had that problem before...

2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day IM35461. Thank you for reaching us and we do apologize for the inconvenience. There are some reasons why the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 of your's didn't land when you initiate the manual landing or using the sticks since the Aircraft has a Landing Ground Detection. Here are some possible reasons.

1. Landing ground detection is triggered when the aircraft descends 2 meters above the ground. The flight speed decreases to 0.2m/s.
2. The aircraft hovers if the ground is not appropriate for landing (water, grass, tree branches, power lines, etc). Users could slide the icon in the app to force a landing.
3. The aircraft will descend directly if it detects that the ground is appropriate for landing.
4. Two-stage landing: The aircraft will hover 0.3m above the ground if the landing ground detection cannot be normally performed (poor lighting, a surface without a clear pattern, etc).

In addition, You may try an IMU and compass calibration as well for you to make sure that all the components of the drone are working good. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-2
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

I wonder with that rocky surface if the downward sensors are not getting a good return on information. Maybe it is thinking the surface is like water. You know, an uneven surface. I see divots from what ever tracked vehicle was used to grate the rocks. It might not see like much to you but the drone is probably confused about the landing zone.  I would try landing on a smooth surface like the shoulder of the roadway. Maybe get a larger landing pad. Or you could do like I do and hand catch from the legs. Once you have a good grip power the motors off.
2019-5-5
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Nice bit of video/countryside apart from all else - very nice.  
2019-5-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage - hope you get the issues fixed asap
2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now