Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
whats the difference between Tello and Tello EDU
45659 25 2019-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parag
New

United States

Hi,
newbie to tello. Would like to explore drone technology. I found tello can be good start.
I'm confused on tello and tello edu.

I would like to program drone using python, have ability to get the video stream to laptop and leverage AI on video stream.
Can this be done using Tello or Tello Edu? if so which one should I buy?

Regards,
Parag
2019-5-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi Parag, Tello EDU supports all of the same functions and features as Tello, as well as an upgraded SDK 2.0, Mission Pads, and swarm flying. Tello and Tello edu both support video stream. And if you have some programming problem, please contact us via sdk@ryzerobotics.com.
I hope my answer will help you. Thanks a lot.
2019-5-2
Use props
Parag
New

United States

RYZE Posted at 5-2 23:16
Hi Parag, Tello EDU supports all of the same functions and features as Tello, as well as an upgraded SDK 2.0, Mission Pads, and swarm flying. Tello and Tello edu both support video stream. And if you have some programming problem, please contact us via .

Thanks a lot for quick response! this helps!!
2019-5-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Parag Posted at 5-3 09:00
Thanks a lot for quick response! this helps!!

It is our great privilege Parag. We are very pleased to help and hope you have a good time flying!
2019-5-4
Use props
Hari Ratan
New

India

I have purchased a Tello and it is now stuck in Chennai (India) customs awaiting clearance. I requite an ETA (Equipment Type Approval) issued by the WPC of Department of Telecommunications - India. The ETA is normally obtained by manufacturers.  Please let me have a copy of the ETA so I can clear my Tello.
2019-5-15
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hari Ratan Posted at 5-15 17:59
I have purchased a Tello and it is now stuck in Chennai (India) customs awaiting clearance. I requite an ETA (Equipment Type Approval) issued by the WPC of Department of Telecommunications - India. The ETA is normally obtained by manufacturers.  Please let me have a copy of the ETA so I can clear my Tello.

Dear Hari,
We are pretty sorry about this unpleasant issue.

Upon checking, India was not allowed to fly UAV before so we didn't sell any drone in India officially and have no any Indian approved certification yet. Once again, we pretty sorry about that.

Should you have any other problem, please do feel free to let us know.

2019-5-16
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Hi Parag, Tello EDU supports all of the same functions and features as Tello, as well as an upgraded SDK 2.0, Mission Pads, and swarm flying. Tello and Tello edu both support video stream. And if you have some programming problem, please contact us via .

Does Tello work with Android phones ?
How deep can we program the Tello.
2019-5-25
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Hari Ratan Posted at 5-15 17:59

You can provide the chennai airport certificate along with the DJI sales invoice to refund your payment from DJI
2019-5-25
Use props
fansfab27ed5
New
Flight distance : 11581 ft
United States

There is no difference in the hardware, they are the same drone exactly

the difference is the one costs more and they upgraded the software on the EDU version for more features.

They choose not to give the same software version for the cheaper version. It's just a money grab
2019-7-29
Use props
David444
New

Can you help to clarify differences between Tello Edu vs Tello in terms of hardwares
and flight control software, and SDK?

To program Tello with Python, DrockBlocks, can I just use Tello ?  I found the name of Tello EDU
is rather confusing. From the name seems that Tello can’t be programmed, I hope that it
is not true.

Thanks
2019-9-24
Use props
apbn
New

United States

Hello,

Can the Tello EDU version get programmed with Javascript and NodeJS? I see on the site that it can be programmed with Scratch, Swift, and Python, but I need to use JS and Node for a project. I've only seen the regular Tello used with JS and Node online.

Thanks!
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_bHV1FdFT4PjR
New

United States

Is it possible to upgrade the regular Tello with the Edu firmware and have the same features of Edu?
2020-5-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_bHV1FdFT4PjR Posted at 5-19 10:50
Is it possible to upgrade the regular Tello with the Edu firmware and have the same features of Edu?

Dear,
Normal Tello and Tello EDU are two different versions, cannot be alternated each other by upgrading or degrading firmware.
Hope my reply could help you!
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_yPTsbn7coN8d
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hello, can tello be programmed to do multiple control? Like control 2-3 tellos using 1 controller? or using the tello app
2020-6-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_yPTsbn7coN8d Posted at 6-3 18:49
Hello, can tello be programmed to do multiple control? Like control 2-3 tellos using 1 controller? or using the tello app

Dear, tello of normal version doesn't support multiple control, but tello edu support this mode, which also called flight in formation, that is you can control more than one drone by swift playground or python, but not by a controller or Tello APP.
Hope my reply could help you!
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_f8ORdTAfnQDm
New

United States

Hello, I am not a teacher but a volunteer for robotics STEM contests for students.  Can I purchase the Tello EDU and do I need to show some kind of qualification first?
2020-10-21
Use props
djiuser_f8ORdTAfnQDm
New

United States

djiuser_f8ORdTAfnQDm

I already have two normal Tello and am learning to program in Python.  I would like to find more programming examples for capturing video for a student contest.  Thanks!
2020-10-21
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_f8ORdTAfnQDm Posted at 10-21 14:40
djiuser_f8ORdTAfnQDm

I already have two normal Tello and am learning to program in Python.  I would like to find more programming examples for capturing video for a student contest.  Thanks!

Dear,
In respect to SDK and Python issues, please contact us via sdk@ryzerobotics.com, thanks for your support!
2020-10-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RYZE Posted at 2019-5-2 23:16

I always wondered - good to know!
2020-11-6
Use props
Donald William Gillies
New

United States

I think if you have a regular $99 Tello you can use sdk 1.3.  It has all the same kinematic features (fly up down left right etc) and video streaming (turn it on/off).  If you get the edu version you can do lookdown marker-card recognition (fly to card #1 ... #8) and swarm (one parent drone and K-1 child drones connect to the parent drone 802.11 network so when you connect to the parent drone 802.11 network you should be able to send commands to all drones by using different IP addresses, I presume.)  Also I think the Edu version is the only drone that is 100% black (the $99 drones have a white cover and other colors (not black) are available.)
2020-12-27
Use props
A2
New

Germany

Hi, is it possible to change the lookdown feature from the default marker to some other images? and is it possible to access the stream of the vertical camera?
Thanks ...
2020-12-31
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

A2 Posted at 2020-12-31 04:18
Hi, is it possible to change the lookdown feature from the default marker to some other images? and is it possible to access the stream of the vertical camera?
Thanks ...

Dear customer,
Tello edu can only recognize the default marker and access to stream of front-facing camera.
Hope my response could help you!
2021-1-6
Use props
jslab
New

Italy

Hi!
From documentation comparison of SDK 1.3 and 2.0 seems that in the newer SDK are missing the following read command:
height?
temp?
attitude?
baro?
acceleration?
tof?

do you confirm are not present:
do they have been replaced in some other way?
Thanks
Joe
2021-1-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

jslab Posted at 1-25 16:28
Hi!
From documentation comparison of SDK 1.3 and 2.0 seems that in the newer SDK are missing the following read command:
height?

Dear customer, we appreciate a lot for your trust.
For SDK issues, please send to sdk@ryzerobotics.com for consulting, our engineers will reply you as soon as possible, please wait patiently.
Thanks in advance for your support!
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_GKXddidGvEUM
New

Israel

Is dji tello and dji ryzz tello the same thing And if so can i use them with droneblocks for free?
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_GKXddidGvEUM
New

Israel

Is dji tello and dji ryzz tello the same thing And if so can i use them with droneblocks?
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules