Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beyond ridiculous
860 11 2019-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Purchased a Smart Controller 7 weeks ago, used it no more than 4 times, last time working in the field , no problems looked down at controller and 5 d button was missing, i didn’t break it off I didn’t snag it and I didn’t abuse my controller in any way.
I shipped back to dji explaining what happened, and asked for my warranty to cover this issue,I hadread of at least two cases before mine which had exactly the same thing happen to their RC 5D button, so I thought this was a straight forward warranty case.
Low and behold I get an invoice from dji, 5D button cost €1.65, but wait we are going to charge you a whopping €125 for the privilege of replacing your 5D button, on a unit that was 7 weeks old, needless to say I won’t be paying this jumped up over charged ridiculous payment, I have contacted my countries authorities on my protection against which is no less than a mafia style org, if this is what dji are charging for a button then maybe a screen €350 , it’s a complete joke, it’s a set up to completely ignore customers rights, I have included this in several threads, in everyone moderators have shied away, it’s only when I think about it, djis customers who buy premium dji products are being robbed blind by there ridiculous policy’s .

This is both underhanded and totally demeaning of their customers, I say shame on all of them .
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

This is the joke
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi hallmark007, I am terribly sorry for the case, I understand it must be frustrated for you.
When I checked the damage assessment of your case, the plastic on the combination board was damaged, so it is a paid service, please refer to the picture below. But I will forward your feedback to the higher department to assist in this case, they will contact you in working hours. Sorry again for the inconvenience. smc.png
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 5-2 19:57
Hi hallmark007, I am terribly sorry for the case, I understand it must be frustrated for you.
When I checked the damage assessment of your case, the plastic on the combination board was damaged, so it is a paid service, please refer to the picture below. But I will forward your feedback to the higher department to assist in this case, they will contact you in working hours. Sorry again for the inconvenience. [view_image]

And what makes you think I done this could this not have happened in the manufacturing process, we see many faulty dji products as a result of bad manufacture .
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 5-2 20:19
And what makes you think I done this could this not have happened in the manufacturing process, we see many faulty dji products as a result of bad manufacture .

I understand your concern, I will also forward this case to the engineers to notice. Since your case has been escalated, I hope it can be sorted out shortly.
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 5-2 19:57
When I checked the damage assessment of your case, the plastic on the combination board was damaged, so it is a paid service, please refer to the picture below. But I will forward your feedback to the higher department to assist in this case, they will contact you in working hours. Sorry again for the inconvenience. [view_image]

It’s difficult to see how I could get into the RC to break such a tiny piece, this is and was faulty and I won’t be paying for it, you will also notice they are trying to charge me shipping, is it now djis policy not to offer warranty to those outside the Netherlands in Europe, surely it’s djis job to insure they have adequate service facilities and if not then they should allow for this for customers living far from these centres, surely it’s not my fault that dji doesn’t have a more comprehensive and fair support service .
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 5-2 22:11
It’s difficult to see how I could get into the RC to break such a tiny piece, this is and was faulty and I won’t be paying for it, you will also notice they are trying to charge me shipping, is it now djis policy not to offer warranty to those outside the Netherlands in Europe, surely it’s djis job to insure they have adequate service facilities and if not then they should allow for this for customers living far from these centres, surely it’s not my fault that dji doesn’t have a more comprehensive and fair support service .

For the shipping fee, just to clarify, when it is a paid repair, the freight of shipping the package back may need to paid by the customer.
Your case has been escalated, the proper team will double check and provide you with an update. I will also help to keep an eye on it.
2019-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 5-3 02:32
For the shipping fee, just to clarify, when it is a paid repair, the freight of shipping the package back may need to paid by the customer.
Your case has been escalated, the proper team will double check and provide you with an update. I will also help to keep an eye on it.

Hi dji Susan,I have heard back from repair facility and the are continuing to insist that button on RC was my fault.
I have never been more insulted in my life claiming for warranty almost made out to be a liar, going through this dji warranty process is both degrading and demeaning and something I never wish to go through again.

This replacement button was costing a mere €1.65 and the repair centre managed to bump the cost of repair to a whopping €125 , this is clearly distortion a tantamount to highway robbery.

It’s amazing if I got the repair done I would be charged €36 plus vat for shipping, if I decide to not get the job done “Which I Have” they will return to me free of charge, maybe you can explain the logic in that.

This whole experience has soured my relationship with dji, I have purchased many products including this RC over a number of years I have been a great supporter of dji during this time, but I’m totally perplexed that for something that costs €1.65 , dji can basically call me a liar offer up no proof as to how they think I broke this button, completely demean me in emails, but most of all treat me as anything except a customer.

I will take up the matter of my warranty with consumer affairs here in Ireland to see where I stand, I will also try take up the matter higher up the chain in dji.

Right now I have a SRC which is in effect broke and of little use to anyone, it’s a shame that dji can treat customers this way .

Yes and all for the cost of €1.65 .
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 03:10
Hi dji Susan,I have heard back from repair facility and the are continuing to insist that button on RC was my fault.
I have never been more insulted in my life claiming for warranty almost made out to be a liar, going through this dji warranty process is both degrading and demeaning and something I never wish to go through again.

Hi hallmark007, I checked the case and it is confirmed a warranty case, the local repair team will solve the case and send back to you as soon as possible.
I understand you are our valued customer, and we are regretful for the inconvenience that has been caused. Hope you'll receive the controller shortly.
2019-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 5-6 04:39
Hi hallmark007, I checked the case and it is confirmed a warranty case, the local repair team will solve the case and send back to you as soon as possible.
I understand you are our valued customer, and we are regretful for the inconvenience that has been caused. Hope you'll receive the controller shortly.

Thank you but I’m not getting the same information you will see below email this morning from repair centre in Netherlands.
2019-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 5-6 04:39

Hi Dji Susan
I have since received another email telling me my case would be handled under warranty, thank you for your help.
regards
Hallmark007
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 06:33
Hi Dji Susan
I have since received another email telling me my case would be handled under warranty, thank you for your help.
regards

You're welcome. We'll send out your package soon, you may keep an eye on the case status later.
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules