We paid 1800 $ for a MP2 .. where is Dynamic Home point update?
1116 11 2019-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

Everything is in the title:  what is tracking good for if the Dynamic Home Point update is not possible?

This was possible in the previous mavic pro 1.... but in mavic pro 2 no ... i found my self running after my drone 1 km back while it was supposed to follow my car.

We paied a pretty high sum of money for this "professional" drone and second generation of Mavic.... why do we loose features instead of winning? a this stage we are better off by not upgrading our drone no ?

Thoese who want the "dynamic Home Point Update" as a feature => please let DJI know in the comment section!

THank you!

2019-5-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a dynamic homepoint feature in the Mavic 2's... Swipe the screen from the left edge to right with the camera view in the app on your display. You will be presented with the option to set the homepoint to the AC current position in flight or the RC new position if you have moved from the original homepoint during flight. There is also the option to set it in the main controller settings in the app when the drone is connected to the RC.
2019-5-3
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Switzerland

I know you can put it on your RC position - but it does not update while you move.  not on your own.. you have to manually do it no?  cause last time i did it.. i literally drove back 1 km .. altough it was set on RC home point.

Furthermore, the only way is to remove the "flight distance limite".... else it gets stuck after a while.. in the MP1, as it automatically updated, the flight distance limit moved with you.. . here no .. unless you manually update it. or did i miss something
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Mike Swiss. We do apologize for the inconvenience. As of this moment, the Mavic 2 doesn't support this function at present. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-3
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hi Gamora,  no sorry .. i don't really understand.. how can an upgraded version have downgraded features ?  all this at an upgraded price ?
2019-5-8
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

As AJ pointed out in #2 post that feature does exist and can be programmed as you wish depending on your take off location. Not sure what Gamora if referring to.
2019-5-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike Swiss Posted at 5-3 03:51
I know you can put it on your RC position - but it does not update while you move.  not on your own.. you have to manually do it no?  cause last time i did it.. i literally drove back 1 km .. altough it was set on RC home point.

Furthermore, the only way is to remove the "flight distance limite".... else it gets stuck after a while.. in the MP1, as it automatically updated, the flight distance limit moved with you.. . here no .. unless you manually update it. or did i miss something

Yes, you have to manually set it if you move location. So once you have finished moving and have reached your destination to land set it again to that position and it will return to you/RC if RTH is activated. If you are referring to the home point being auto updated every 30 seconds when flying in active track then yes, this specific feature is not present in the M2 but in answer to the actual title of your thread - the M2 does have dynamic home point and I've successfully used it on my M2P.
2019-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the Mavic Pro the 'dynamic home point' function automatically resets the home position to the aircrafts current position each time the aircraft has moved more than 15 metres. This only operates when using Active tracking.
I assume the changes of home point being suggested are the manual options that are available to all.

Edit:- the distance between home point updates is 15m, not the 50m I'd originally quoted.

Dynamic home point - Copy (2).png
2019-5-9
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I paid $1200.00....
2019-5-9
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Where did you read that this feature would be available?
2019-5-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Another of the many things DJI left unfinished.  We got left with a half baked bird as they took our money and moved on to new products.
2019-5-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

parkgt214 Posted at 5-10 15:23
Another of the many things DJI left unfinished.  We got left with a half baked bird as they took our money and moved on to new products.

"We got left with a half baked bird as they took our money and moved on to new products."

I thought the Mavic 2 was the new product.
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules