Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 zoom vs Mavic 1 Pro / Platinum
1886 5 2019-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aussierob78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I haven't seen many comparisons online between the mavic 2 zoom and the older mavic pro / platinum. Are they essentially the same when it comes to image quality for still photos? I know that video is upgraded. The appear to have the same sensor.

I'm between drones at the moment (didn't like the Mavic Air... contemplating a Mavic 2 or heading back to the Phantom line) so wondering where to head from here. Mavic 2 Pro is aa possibility, but I'd be limited to one battery for a while, and not sure I could afford the care refresh straight away either
2019-5-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Phantom line appears to be coming to an end now and I wouldn't invest in what is essentially a 2016 drone now. I would definitely go for the M2Pro but if budget is tight step down to the Zoom, especially if having the pro means only one battery - which I can assure you is not enough.
2019-5-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have the Zoom and had the Pro 1 before, the zoom although it has the same size camera the quality is far superior to the Pro1. It does not have the same colour profile as the pro 1 but with the zoom I have never edited a video to date since I got it 5 months ago, the picture and video quality is outstanding including the flight time, the reliability, range etc. If you are into video editing and like to work on post processing then the M2P is the one to go with but if you not into editing then the Zoom.
2019-5-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Zoom and the MP1 as well and I cad definitely tell the difference in picture and video quality.

The Zoom is by far better. The only advantage the MP1 has is the connection with the goggles.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Aussierob78. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. Both the DJI Mavic Pro and the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom are great consumer drones. I will be posting a link where in you can compare both the overviews and specifications of these drones and other DJI consumer drones as well. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-5-4
Use props
Aussierob78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the replies!
2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced