Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panorama - GH5 app setting adjustments not available
1196 9 2019-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.1
Canada

Greetings.  I am very impressed with my new Ronin S, and am completing new challenges for video.  My primary interest is multi-row panorama still images though.  I have historically used manual mechanical panorama heads, and am now trying the Ronin S combined with GH5 body.  I have tried using four different lenses on the camera while tethered to Ronin S, all devices and lenses have the latest firmware as of 04/05/2019 and function properly in other modes including focus.  Two lenses are native M43 by Sigma, one lens is an adapted Canon EF using Metabones T to m43, one lens is Sigma EF using Metabones T to m43.  Questions:
1.  On the app screen I can control the shutter/aperture/ISO and focus speed only; there are no opportunities to enable Sensor Type/Focal Length/Overlay/Delay; the camera will begin and complete a panorama for the specified range, however I have no ability to modify variables to my needs.  Is this a result of the total integration of the GH5 with Ronin S and automated values are being applied; and is there a way to disable the integration to specify my desired overlap?

2.  Is there a generalized statistic of battery consumption level(s) of the Ronin S tethered to GH5 cameras in associated panorama mode (and others) while using app?  My GH5 seems to go through its main camera battery remarkably fast while tethered.

Thank-you for considering my questions.  This is my first post to the forum and I tried the search utility before asking.
2019-5-4
Use props
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.1
Canada

The app version is for Android using an S9+.
2019-5-4
Use props
Mike G G
Australia

I've a similar problem and  as my phone (a Nexus 6P) is not on the list of compatible phones I'm wondering if that is the issue. Is your phone on the compatible phones list?
2019-5-7
Use props
Mike G G
Australia

I have a similar problem and suspect that it is because I'm not using a 'compatible' phone. My phone is a Nexus 6P which is not on the list of campatible phones. Is your's a 'compatible' phone? The list is here: under Software: https://www.dji.com/au/ronin-s/info#downloads
2019-5-7
Use props
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.1
Canada

Mike G G Posted at 5-7 04:56
I have a similar problem and suspect that it is because I'm not using a 'compatible' phone. My phone is a Nexus 6P which is not on the list of campatible phones. Is your's a 'compatible' phone? The list is here: under Software: https://www.dji.com/au/ronin-s/info#downloads

Yes, the S9+ is listed as supported. I tried further in the panorama mode and the Ronin S fails to deliver the controls using the equipment specified in my original post; it is simply not functional for either amateur or professional use with the GH5 and Android.
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ragsn_old_iron, sorry for the troubles on operating the Panorama, firstly, may I verify the firmware version of the Ronin-S, camera and your APP version? Did you try to re-install the APP to try again? Do you have other mobile phones to test? If the issue persists, please share us a screenshot of the Panorama page.
When the Ronin-S is balanced properly, the approximate working time would be 12 hours.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike G G Posted at 5-7 04:56
I have a similar problem and suspect that it is because I'm not using a 'compatible' phone. My phone is a Nexus 6P which is not on the list of campatible phones. Is your's a 'compatible' phone? The list is here: under Software: https://www.dji.com/au/ronin-s/info#downloads

Hi Mike, I have replied your own thread, please keep us updated there, thank you.
2019-5-10
Use props
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 02:24
Hi ragsn_old_iron, sorry for the troubles on operating the Panorama, firstly, may I verify the firmware version of the Ronin-S, camera and your APP version? Did you try to re-install the APP to try again? Do you have other mobile phones to test? If the issue persists, please share us a screenshot of the Panorama page.
When the Ronin-S is balanced properly, the approximate working time would be 12 hours.

The firmware is verified again, and is as per my original post for the S9+ phone; Ronin S Gimbal; and GH5 camera (there is nothing newer from any/all manufacturers).  I found an old Samsung S7 Active and installed the app and have full control of the Ronin S for "Panorama"under the "Create" menu; the S7 Active functions properly with the gimbal.  The Samsung S9+ communicates with the gimbal in "Panoroama" mode only to the extent of starting and ending a panorama sequence, but no control whatsoever of sensor size, focal length, overlap, delay...; therefore I recommend that you remove the Samsung S9+ from the list of 'compatible' devices even though all other functions in the "Create" group are operable it seems.

Additionally, I would venture that the Ronin battery last far longer than twelve hours, it is the GH5 battery performance that I was inquiring about from users as it seems to have accelerated depletion tethered.
2019-5-19
Use props
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 02:24
Hi ragsn_old_iron, sorry for the troubles on operating the Panorama, firstly, may I verify the firmware version of the Ronin-S, camera and your APP version? Did you try to re-install the APP to try again? Do you have other mobile phones to test? If the issue persists, please share us a screenshot of the Panorama page.

Firmware has been verified again for Ronin S, Samsung S9+, GH5; all are the latest iterations of firmware/software as per original post.  I re-installed Ronin application on S9+ from Android storefront; still fails to fully integrate with Ronin S/GH5 in "Create" mode using "Panorama" as initially described; it only allows beginning and end of panorama range and initiates sequence through  conclusion with arbitrary values applied and concealed from user regardless of lens attached.

I dug out an old Samsung S7 Active and installed the Ronin App from my Android library and paired with GH5 and Ronin S; the S7 Active works properly with all control settings available on GH5/Ronin S (sensor type, focal length, overlay, delay).  The S9+ should not be on the compatible list for the Ronin S, however the S7 Active should.  I have three screenshots, two being the S9+ and the third being the S7 Active within a few minutes using same gimbal/camera.

Additionally, I would venture the Ronin S battery lasts longer than twelve hours balanced, it is the GH5 that seems to have an accelerated depletion of battery power that I was concerned about from users experience.

Thank-you.

S9+

S9+

S9+

S9+

S7 Active

S7 Active
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ragsn_old_iron Posted at 5-19 12:30
Firmware has been verified again for Ronin S, Samsung S9+, GH5; all are the latest iterations of firmware/software as per original post.  I re-installed Ronin application on S9+ from Android storefront; still fails to fully integrate with Ronin S/GH5 in "Create" mode using "Panorama" as initially described; it only allows beginning and end of panorama range and initiates sequence through  conclusion with arbitrary values applied and concealed from user regardless of lens attached.

I dug out an old Samsung S7 Active and installed the Ronin App from my Android library and paired with GH5 and Ronin S; the S7 Active works properly with all control settings available on GH5/Ronin S (sensor type, focal length, overlay, delay).  The S9+ should not be on the compatible list for the Ronin S, however the S7 Active should.  I have three screenshots, two being the S9+ and the third being the S7 Active within a few minutes using same gimbal/camera.

Thanks for getting back, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further test, I will come back to you once I hear anything from them, thanks for your patience.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules