Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mobile devices for mavic 2 pro
5138 18 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angel Insuflaveis
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello,
I'm very very new in the drone´s world.
I have no experience before, and intend to buy a Mavic 2 Pro but don´t know nothing about mobile devices, compatibles, can you help me indicating the best options (android mobile, tablet,... I prefer big screens, if possible...
About devices... minimum Ram: 6G??? minimum Rom:128G???

Thanks for the attention!!!
2019-5-5
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Are you a Android or a Apple guy?
2019-5-5
Use props
Angel Insuflaveis
lvl.1

Portugal

Eagle_Eye Posted at 5-5 03:20
Are you a Android or a Apple guy?

I have no preferences between android or iphone, ( I`ve read that android devices can use a memory card and iphone is not possible., and iphones are more expensive...
I as said I have no experience and suggestions will be good. (phones and tablets with phone).

Thanks!
2019-5-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

use an iPhone or iPad. Memory cards in the device is not important because the drone uses an SD card.

I use an iPad mini 4 wifi version.
2019-5-5
Use props
Angel Insuflaveis
lvl.1

Portugal

Woe Posted at 5-5 05:05
use an iPhone or iPad. Memory cards in the device is not important because the drone uses an SD card.

Is this ipad mini 4 can be used as a phone', too?!
Thanks!
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Angel, we do appreciate your interest in our products. Well 6 GB RAM combined with 128 GB ROM  is pretty fast enough though other components of the mobile devices like the processors and the likes still have a factor on the process of the APP. Anyway, you may see our recommended devices below for your reference. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!

2019-5-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Angel Insuflaveis Posted at 5-5 05:15
Is this ipad mini 4 can be used as a phone', too?!
Thanks!

Not sure what you mean. Used as a phone.

Not many people use their phones because the screen is small. however you can

use the personal hot spot or get one with cell service.
2019-5-5
Use props
Angel Insuflaveis
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-5 06:00
Hi Angel, we do appreciate your interest in our products. Well 6 GB RAM combined with 128 GB ROM  is pretty fast enough though other components of the mobile devices like the processors and the likes still have a factor on the process of the APP. Anyway, you may see our recommended devices below for your reference. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!

[view_image]

Thanks a lot!
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You're welcome. Cheers!
2019-5-5
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

After reading this forum for over two years it seems that IOS users report way less compatibility problems than the various types of Android device users.

One issue appears to be that IOS devices do not like too much heat or cold - heat could be an issue in Portugal during the summer.

iPad mini 4 seems to be very popular although it's getting a bit old it has a big screen and just fits into the controller arms.  

The DJI approved devices list states 'Optimized for iPhone X' which is a later (more powerful) device so might be worth considering
2019-5-6
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I started  with Android Galaxy S9Note which has large ram powerfull  processor and yes also micro SD card.after few flights I realised many issues with android based mobile devices regardless which model it is.eventually also experienced very scary connection drops in mid flight. plus firmware update always comes late compare to iOS. finally decided to buy iPad pro 11 inc large screen with powerfull processor and most important no connection issue so far.my few cents ,either go with smart controller,  which has few cons like small screen and not tested extensively  or buy iOS iPhone /iPad. trust me you will not regret.
2019-5-6
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchase Mavic Pro2 with Smart Controller. Fast setup without connecting cables. Also has brightest screen for use without sun shade. Will save you money compared to getting drone and high quality mobile device.
2019-5-6
Use props
xagoras
Captain
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Keep in mind that Android devices charge themselves from the controller and there's no way around it currently. Apple devices don't do that. If you want to use a device that you also use for cellular service, it will be better to put it in airplane mode when flying. Keeps recourses and avoid the possibility to have unwanted interuptions during flight.

I use a Samsung S7. It's screen is a bit on the small side but does the job and it's still a very decent all around device that you can get at affordable price.
2019-5-6
Use props
Angel Insuflaveis
lvl.1

Portugal

Woe Posted at 5-5 05:05

Thanks a lot!
2019-5-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the iPhone XS which for some bizarre reason is still not listed despite being Apple's latest phone for more than six months and it works flawlessly with my M2P.
2019-5-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2019-5-7
Use props
lalegator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3459731 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

i have cheep redmi note 5, never had any issues, also with redmi note 4c and some samsung, i think y6 of my sone, all androids worked like a charm. so in my experience it is all the same in terms of OS. But the screen of ipad mini is something you might consider. my redmi note has very nice screen brightness, but would love the one from ipad mini and the size of the screen is perfect for comfortable viewing. I am thinking of buying some used ipad mini just for my m2p and nothing else, i already have some big ipad, but it is bulky and my wife want let him go, she watches tv on him. :-)
2019-5-7
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

akozc Posted at 5-6 01:22
I started  with Android Galaxy S9Note which has large ram powerfull  processor and yes also micro SD card.after few flights I realised many issues with android based mobile devices regardless which model it is.eventually also experienced very scary connection drops in mid flight. plus firmware update always comes late compare to iOS. finally decided to buy iPad pro 11 inc large screen with powerfull processor and most important no connection issue so far.my few cents ,either go with smart controller,  which has few cons like small screen and not tested extensively  or buy iOS iPhone /iPad. trust me you will not regret.

I use a Samsung  Note 8 with zilch problems.

Also worth noting that the DJI Smart Controller operates on Android.

Any disconnection problems are more likely caused by Transponder/RC/reception
2019-5-7
Use props
fans82a02d84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own a Crystal sky unit, an iPhone XR and two iPad Pro’s 10” versions.  I find the Crystal sky (Android) to be unstable and frequent disconnects with my I2 / Cendence remote.  All the iOS devices are rock solid, I use the iPads 80% of the time with the Mavic 2 w/mavmount and iPhone XR the other 20%.  Zero need for the micro SD on my Crystal sky.  The brightness is fantastic on the crystal sky, screen resolution is only average  which bugs when using w/I2 X5s combo.  I live in MInnesota and haven’t had an overheat issue yet with my iOS devices but it does happen for others in Certain conditions. I currently only use my Crystal sky as a backup unit on jobs, second monitor and practice flying.  I don’t have enough trust in it to use as my main control unit nor do I like the screen resolution as I mentioned above.  My 2 cents
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules