cant connect
683 5 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwood
New
United States

I bought the DJ Spark yesterday, spent all afternoon yesterday and all morning today trying to get it to connect.  Watched about 5 videos, perused forums and followed all the procedures a hundred times over.  If it connetcted, it couldnt find a GPS or said it was in a restricted airspace.  I live in the middle of the desert with only a local airport 15 miles away.  Never could get it to work.  A good friend of mine bought the Phantom 3, same problem.  For the price I expect it to work,  and work easily so I got my money back.  He has a 900 dollar box he doesn't quite know what to do with.   Best of luck with yours!
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rwood. I am sorry to know about the trouble and thank you for reaching out. With regards to your concern. You may try to unlock the said area here. It is either custom unlocking or self-unlocking ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock ) if ever you still encountering some problem and for further assistance, I would recommend sending an email directly to the flysafe team at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to clarify what error message did you encounter in the DJI GO 4 application? Is it DISCONNECTED or Aircraft Disconnected? The disconnected error message means that the mobile device is not connected to the remote controller, however, if the warning prompt is Aircraft Disconnected, it means that the RC is not connected to your aircraft, I would recommend checking the firmware of your aircraft and RC if it's up to date. You may use the DJI Assistant 2 to possibly update the aircraft using the link below. Please see our video tutorials for RClinking and updating the firmware of your DJI Spark. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

2019-5-5
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you trying that outside or indoors?
And the restricted airspace, is that to see on the nfz site of DJI?
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
If yes, "tell" DJI that it is wrong.
If that is so, they will correct it.
2019-5-5
Use props
jackinmalta
New

Malta

I have this issue, I can see the drone on wifi, I click connect and it never does it doesnt even ask for a password, I cant activate it because my iPhone 6s wont read the QR code, what can I do
2019-6-14
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

jackinmalta Posted at 6-14 08:42
I have this issue, I can see the drone on wifi, I click connect and it never does it doesnt even ask for a password, I cant activate it because my iPhone 6s wont read the QR code, what can I do

Yea. The barcode idea never works.

Here's a video:

First link the R/C to the Spark:
A) With spark turned on, hold the power button 3 seconds or so until spark beeps.
B) Press and hold 3 buttons on the remote: Pause - Function - Other function until remote beeps. Watch until the led stops flashing and turns green.

Second, link your phone to the remote: Connect your phone's wifi to the remote. The name is something like Spark Remote bla bla. The pw is 12341234.

Now you should be able to launch GO4.

(I had to do this LOTS of times. Spark did not like my old phone.)
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules