Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark disconnected mid flight
2597 17 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254833 ft
United States

Hello this morning when I left to fly with my spark, at a distance of approximately 20 meters and a height of 30 meters my spark was disconnected from the rc, the rc changed the green indicator that indicates that it is connected to the red spark that is disconnected, then try a second attempt I noticed that the icon of the signal fluctuated from 2.5 to 5 and the channels were red most, I returned to my house and the problem persists the drone is disconnected from the rc in times still on land
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Spark. May I please know what is the model of the mobile device you are using? In addition, please try another USB cable to connect then please restart your mobile device and remote controller to connect again. Finally, please try to reset the WiFi of the remote controller. After the WiFi reset, please try to connect once more to check if the issue will still persists. Thank you.
2019-5-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What is/was the position of your antennas?
2019-5-5
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-5 12:24
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Spark. May I please know what is the model of the mobile device you are using? In addition, please try another USB cable to connect then please restart your mobile device and remote controller to connect again. Finally, please try to reset the WiFi of the remote controller. After the WiFi reset, please try to connect once more to check if the issue will still persists. Thank you.

I use iPad mini 2 wifi , and try to iPhone XR and obtained  the same problem
2019-5-6
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-5 22:35

they were open vertically
2019-5-6
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-5 22:35

they were open separated  vertically
2019-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, and where did you point your RC?
If 20 m horizontal away and 30m high,  the angle is ~56°
Which is, in case you held the RC horizontal (device of phone to the sky!) almost like pointing the tips of the antennas to the bird.

I'd say, flying 20m around yourself, but even higher, you are flying "over your head".
Which needs a bit adjustment on the antennas, the RC, to point them like this ▬I  .......  XNow think about, the X "30m" higher! ;-)

I'd try the same again, but with antennas straight forward.
Till the bird is a bit further, changing antennas to vertical and pointing the RC in the assumed angle to the bird
(watch the powermeter)
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans325af9cf Posted at 5-6 06:33
I use iPad mini 2 wifi , and try to iPhone XR and obtained  the same problem

Thank you for the given update. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persists? In addition we recommend using a recommended mobile device for your DJI Spark for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark for reference. Please give us an additional update on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

2019-5-6
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Please advise is this list for OTG supported ?
2019-5-6
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-6 09:41
Thank you for the given update. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persists? In addition we recommend using a recommended mobile device for your DJI Spark for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark for reference. Please give us an additional update on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

[view_image]

I try in another place with other device iPad mini 4 and using otg cable and the problem persists
2019-5-9
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 5-6 13:35
Please advise is this list for OTG supported ?

Yes you can use otg cable
2019-5-9
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 5-6 06:53
Ok, and where did you point your RC?
If 20 m horizontal away and 30m high,  the angle is ~56°
Which is, in case you held the RC horizontal (device of phone to the sky!) almost like pointing the tips of the antennas to the bird.

So why can I fly at 120m high up to 500m away in any direction without moving my antennas or my controller? I would suggest that he may be suffering from electrical interference blocking his signal
2019-5-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

fans325af9cf Posted at 5-9 03:30
Yes you can use otg cable

I do use a OTG cable with my iso but it’s not officially supported    I’ve never had an issue   
Only Android with OTG is supported.
2019-5-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Stinger1 Posted at 5-10 14:50
So why can I fly at 120m high up to 500m away in any direction without moving my antennas or my controller? I would suggest that he may be suffering from electrical interference blocking his signal

Perhaps you are looking into the right direction, from the beginning, and there is no other disturbance in your area
2019-5-12
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 5-12 10:21
Perhaps you are looking into the right direction, from the beginning, and there is no other disturbance in your area

Or perhaps the ariels are not directional as you believe. I was flying circles.
2019-5-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Stinger1 Posted at 5-12 18:51
Or perhaps the ariels are not directional as you believe. I was flying circles.

Around the homepoint, 1000m diameter?
I doubt that, no offense.
Pilots that I know are minimum pretending, to look at the bird
2019-5-12
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 5-12 19:01
Around the homepoint, 1000m diameter?
I doubt that, no offense.
Pilots that I know are minimum pretending, to look at tge bird

You may doubt me all you like. And I do not pretend to look at the drone, I look at the drone as is required by law in my country.
2019-5-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Stinger1 Posted at 5-12 19:04
You may doubt me all you like. And I do not pretend to look at the drone, I look at the drone as is required by law in my country.

So why you saying, you are NOT moving your controller?
"So why can I fly at 120m high up to 500m away in any direction without moving my antennas or my controller?"
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules