Changing speed in post- Framerates?
786 4 2019-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Straker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8431946 ft
United States

Hi, I'm going to be shooting video with the intent of speeding it up for the final cut.
It's for a music video, and we will be shooting the band playing along with the song at 40% speed.
The final video will sped up to bring the 40% speed to match the soundrack at 100%
The question I have is your suggested framerates for shooting 4k and/or 2.5k

This will all be shot following a smallish boat cruising at low speed.

Thanks!

Pirates Cove, Corona Del Mar CA

Pirates Cove, Corona Del Mar CA
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need from our valued DJI Forum members to possibly achieve this particular scenario. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-6
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8431946 ft
United States

RE: Changing speed in post- Framerates?

DJI Tony Posted at 5-6 11:14
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need from our valued DJI Forum members to possibly achieve this particular scenario. Thank you for your support.

Thanks, I figured out the playback rate of 2.5, shooting at 30 fps seems better than 24 when I speed it up, but is there an optimal rate for this application?
2019-5-7
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

I believe that speeding up doesn't need to have a certain framerate. Only if you slow something down because you are missing frames and the footage gets less smooth.
2019-5-7
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

I would recommend to shoot at max possible resolution (not always highest rec option). Each camera has its own optimum (details per image + bitrate). It is also connected with sensor scan approach. After shooting you can't change picture dramatically.
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules