RC won’t connect to AC
1571 8 2019-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans10a26495
lvl.1
Canada

I would like a moderator to setup a case reference for a warranty issue I’m having with my brand new, 8 days old Mavic 2 Pro. Drone has worked flawless for the first week and used it with no problems yesterday. Went to go fly today and the remote control would not connect with the AC. “CONNECTING...” on the RC screen is all I get. The DJI GO 4 app won’t connect with the RC and the RC link method does not work either. Ive been researching this problem all day to as its been beyond frustrating to try to find a solution.  Ive downgraded both my RC and AC with no avail. I see this is a common issue  with other M2P users and looks like I’ve been affected  now  too. This is my first DJI purchase and I’m so frustrated because I thought I bought a quality drone and it was working beyond  my expectations and now I’ve been let down. So I’m writing this to setup a case reference file with DJI along with I’ll be returning my M2P to the retailer tomorrow to get it sent away for warranty. I’m reading that I could  be without my drone for around 60 days before getting my issue resolved. This is such a bummer as I had planned to use this drone for many tasks and trips coming up in the coming weeks. I just wish I could just get a replacement RC unit as I believe that is the issue. The AC should be unaffected. Any help or advice is appreciated. I was so happy with this purchase until this happened.
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to read your post. Just to verify, what's the current version of the aircraft and controller? For the connection of DJI GO 4 and Remote Controller, you may change to another working cable to check (make sure only one port is plugged in, you may switch between the side port and bottom port). As for the linking RC, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status. Look forward to your reply.
2019-5-6
Use props
brandalea
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 5-6 20:31
Hi there, sorry to read your post. Just to verify, what's the current version of the aircraft and controller? For the connection of DJI GO 4 and Remote Controller, you may change to another working cable to check (make sure only one port is plugged in, you may switch between the side port and bottom port). As for the linking RC, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status. Look forward to your reply.

Hi Susan, thx for your quick response. The product I’ve having trouble is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am currently running aircraft  and controller firmware version v01.00.04.00.
I’ve tried multiple cords and 2 different OS X devices with no luck. Please visit this link to see a video of my troubles.  http://youtu.be/SIMf_Wtj8ts

Thank you I will await your response.
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brandalea Posted at 5-7 04:19
Hi Susan, thx for your quick response. The product I’ve having trouble is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am currently running aircraft  and controller firmware version v01.00.04.00.
I’ve tried multiple cords and 2 different OS X devices with no luck. Please visit this link to see a video of my troubles.  http://youtu.be/SIMf_Wtj8ts

Received with thanks! You may refer to the tutorial video since 0:47 and linking RC with combination buttons and see whether it works. Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks!
2019-5-7
Use props
brandalea
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 5-7 20:18
Received with thanks! You may refer to the tutorial video since 0:47 and linking RC with combination buttons and see whether it works. Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA&t=4s

Tried the combination buttons for linking. Still nothing. Am I better to take this warranty claim through my original retailer or can you get something done quicker ? Thx
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brandalea Posted at 5-8 03:17
Tried the combination buttons for linking. Still nothing. Am I better to take this warranty claim through my original retailer or can you get something done quicker ? Thx

Sorry about that. It is recommended to start a case and send the whole unit in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once they received the package.
2019-5-9
Use props
brandalea
lvl.1
Canada

Update May 22: Just heard back from my retailer that DJI inspected my Mavic 2 Pro that was shipped away by them. The report said it was indeed a defective product and they are shipping back a replacement. Retailer is just waiting on a tracking number so should have a replacement in a week or so. Report doesn’t say if they are shipping a refurbished M2P or a brand new one. On one hand I feel good that I wasn’t just going crazy and I forsure had a defective M2P but on the other hand I’m questioning the quality of DJI products. Like I said I only owned this drone for a week and few it about 6 times. I’m hoping it was just bad luck and I have no problems going forward. Has anyone had a similar experience like mine? Would be interested in hearing about them.
Thx
2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brandalea Posted at 5-22 10:51
Update May 22: Just heard back from my retailer that DJI inspected my Mavic 2 Pro that was shipped away by them. The report said it was indeed a defective product and they are shipping back a replacement. Retailer is just waiting on a tracking number so should have a replacement in a week or so. Report doesn’t say if they are shipping a refurbished M2P or a brand new one. On one hand I feel good that I wasn’t just going crazy and I forsure had a defective M2P but on the other hand I’m questioning the quality of DJI products. Like I said I only owned this drone for a week and few it about 6 times. I’m hoping it was just bad luck and I have no problems going forward. Has anyone had a similar experience like mine? Would be interested in hearing about them.
Thx

Hi brandalea, thanks for keeping us updated. It's nice to know the retailer is willing to help. Generally, every unit will be fully tested before leaving the factory, in case there is anything wrong, we'll arrange damage assessment for check the exact status, no worries. Wish you receive the replacement soon.
2019-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Uk1rZyPIVRhi
New
Switzerland

brandalea Posted at 5-22 10:51
Thx

same here, yes
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules