Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Horrible Choppy Video, Please Help
2505 21 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hello everyone, I have a new DJI Mavic Air and a new 32gb SD Card. However my footage are all choppy like this. It's not like few frames, it's like a second frozen clips.
Could you please help what is wrong with my drone?
Thank you
Sercan
2019-5-7
Use props
PS013
Captain
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

What exact model of  SD card ?
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day sercanbaykal. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask if this video originally came from the SD card itself? Also, we highly suggest to use the recommended and Tested SD cards below. In addition, if the said SD card that you are currently using is listed compatible, you may try to back up all your files in your SD card and try to reformat it and then shoot another video to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you and have a good one.

2019-5-7
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

As posted, the Sandisk Extreme works great.  If you're using a PC with an intel CPU, any generation AFTER the Skylake gen will playback H.265 (Raw 4K format) without the choppiness or stutter.  For MAC, you'd need High Sierra and better with a gen 7 intel.
2019-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What SD card?
2019-5-7
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

it should rank equal better for 50 to 60 megabytes per second (v30 only 30mBps) because when rotating aircraft plenty color and pixel changes are enormous changes, esp having differentiating targeted scenery. also forum did provide end of service life when battery life expires. meaning writes and format and rewrites eventually cause unreliability.
2019-5-7
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
Malaysia

PS013 Posted at 5-7 09:14
What exact model of  SD card ?

I have a brand new 32GB San DIsk Ultra. The footage was 4k.
2019-5-7
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 09:20
Hi, good day sercanbaykal. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask if this video originally came from the SD card itself? Also, we highly suggest to use the recommended and Tested SD cards below. In addition, if the said SD card that you are currently using is listed compatible, you may try to back up all your files in your SD card and try to reformat it and then shoot another video to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you and have a good one.

[view_image]

Hello, thank you for your respond. I have a brand new SanDisk Ultra 32GB and SanDisk Extreme V30. I faced same problem on both of them. I did format for both of them, and faced same problem again. After I formatted, the frozen footage was less worse than what I posted, but still it is choppy few frames continuously.
2019-5-7
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
Malaysia

cutis Posted at 5-7 12:44
it should rank equal better for 50 to 60 megabytes per second (v30 only 30mBps) because when rotating aircraft plenty color and pixel changes are enormous changes, esp having differentiating targeted scenery. also forum did provide end of service life when battery life expires. meaning writes and format and rewrites eventually cause unreliability.

Thank you Cutis, what do you recommend that I shall do to prevent this?
2019-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use the one from the DJI webshop. That works good!
2019-5-7
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
Malaysia

Neo Supreme Posted at 5-7 10:11
As posted, the Sandisk Extreme works great.  If you're using a PC with an intel CPU, any generation AFTER the Skylake gen will playback H.265 (Raw 4K format) without the choppiness or stutter.  For MAC, you'd need High Sierra and better with a gen 7 intel.

Thanks for your answer, I am using Macbook Pro Mojave
2019-5-7
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to test whether you may have a faulty Micro SD card (it does occasionally happen), could you film some footage using the inbuilt storage - your Air has 8GB, and see what the resulting video looks like? That way, you will know if the problem is with the Card or there is an error on the drone. If it's the card, that's an easy fix, if it's the drone, you will be able to contact DJI Support having established that the fault  is not with the card...Good luck!
2019-5-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll find the extreme range of sandisk micro sd cards will work more effectively - I use the extreme pro
2019-5-8
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
Malaysia

ChrisJG Posted at 5-8 01:28
Just to test whether you may have a faulty Micro SD card (it does occasionally happen), could you film some footage using the inbuilt storage - your Air has 8GB, and see what the resulting video looks like? That way, you will know if the problem is with the Card or there is an error on the drone. If it's the card, that's an easy fix, if it's the drone, you will be able to contact DJI Support having established that the fault  is not with the card...Good luck!

Very useful tips, thank you very much. I will try.
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sercanbaykal Posted at 5-7 20:55
Hello, thank you for your respond. I have a brand new SanDisk Ultra 32GB and SanDisk Extreme V30. I faced same problem on both of them. I did format for both of them, and faced same problem again. After I formatted, the frozen footage was less worse than what I posted, but still it is choppy few frames continuously.

Hi, there sercanbaykal. Thank you for the additional information and we do apologize for the inconvenience.  May I ask if what camera settings did you use to record the video? Also, the player that you currently using to play the video. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-5-8
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

sercanbaykal Posted at 5-7 20:48
I have a brand new 32GB San DIsk Ultra. The footage was 4k.

Not quick enough your sdcard
2019-5-8
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Let us know if you sorted out the problem be interested to know thanks...
2019-5-9
Use props
Straker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8431946 ft
United States

Hi, good day sercanbaykal. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask if this video originally came from the SD card itself? Also, we highly suggest to use the recommended and Tested SD cards below. In addition, if the said SD card that you are currently using is listed compatible, you may try to back up all your files in your SD card and try to reformat it and then shoot another video to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you and have a good one.

[view_image]

Does this mean my Samsung cards I've been using are sub-par?
2019-5-10
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
India

I have changed the SD Card, now I use Sandisk Extreme V30 A1, and the issue is sorted out. Now I have smooth footages. Thank you very much for help.
2019-5-18
Use props
sercanbaykal
lvl.1
India

[view_image]

I have changed the SD Card, now I use Sandisk Extreme V30 A1, and the issue is sorted out. Now I have smooth footages. Thank you very much for help.
2019-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sercanbaykal Posted at 5-18 19:56

Hi, there. We're glad to know that you already manage to solved the issue. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Straker Posted at 5-10 11:56
Does this mean my Samsung cards I've been using are sub-par?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The SD card listed on the image those are the recommended ones and we already tested those SD cards for the DJI Mavic Air. Also, there is a possibility that the Samsung SD card of yours will work, however, Since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Air we cannot guarantee the stability of the Samsung SD card on the said device. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any other concerns. Thank you and have a good one.
2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules