Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help - updated firmware now just beeps and is stuck in Chinese
2731 12 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxx4wd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63655 ft
United States

Can someone please help me...I just bought this P4 RTK unit - have used it for 2 mapping missions, got the e-mail that a firmware update is needed - started with just the controller and updated to the new firmware... as soon as it updated the controller constantly beeps when its on and everything is set to chinese.  the screen pops up immediately with the DJI logo and loads the android based OS - prompts me default app (all in Chinese) so I pick GS pro which is what I've used solely based on the blue icon I recognize and then a series of pop ups come up  but since they are in Chinese I have no idea what its asking and since I'm a Iphone guy with next to no experience with android I don't even know where to look for language settings on the propiotary device.  Also I'm sure its beeping for a reason but I don't know why - I have tried reloading the firmware to the remote 2x and it says its fine but I'm kind of in a holding pattern and I have jobs coming up in the next 2 days so I need to resolve this as quickly as possible...

Any help would greatly be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Tony

2019-5-7
Use props
maxx4wd
lvl.1
United States

Found the language setting with the world looking icon somehow - used google translate to take a picture and navigated to english...only took 30 minutes...turns out the beeping was a controller calibration issue so just calibrated and stopped the insanely annoying beeping...and think I solved my own issue...DJI please pass the native language to the device not Chinese - it's not like your new to this screwing up firmware thing but damn that was ridiculous - hope it flies ok...best of luck to whomever tried the latest update...
2019-5-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice job.  More than one way to skin a cat!
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day maxx4wd. We do apologize for the issue that you experience and we're glad to know that you already resolve the problem with the language. Have a safe and happy flying always. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-5-7
Use props
Maciek-NaviGate
lvl.1
Poland

maxx4wd ...the same with me! You have a beer as a clue to look for the icon "With the world"! Thank you very much!
2019-5-7
Use props
maxx4wd
lvl.1
United States

Maciek-NaviGate Posted at 5-7 14:05
maxx4wd ...the same with me! You have a beer as a clue to look for the icon "With the world"! Thank you very much!

Yeah, when you can get to your GS Pro app...click on the top left icon with the 3 horizontal lines - it will slide out and click on the gear on the left middle bottomish (above the memory card icon) - This is your general settings tab (I know it'll all look the same LOL)  The very top should have two separate words (or chinese symbols that indicate tabs) - click the top right one - from here there is another gear icon - click that one and scroll towards the bottom - you should see a little world looking icon in the middle right hand side as you scroll towards the bottom...it's next to the location tear drop icon that usually indications a home point...click it and the top choice is language pull down...click it and scroll down till you see English.  There may be an easier way to get there but that's how I managed to find it it.
2019-5-7
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

I stumbled around until I found a 'use device language' button to un-check as the setting was in English already but this was an override it seems.
2019-5-7
Use props
AerialSurveyor
lvl.1
United States

My update did the same thing with the switch to Chinese. Thanks Maxx4wd for helping me fix the issue so fast. I am glad I stumbled upon your thread as I was looking for help!
2019-5-8
Use props
maxx4wd
lvl.1
United States

AerialSurveyor Posted at 5-8 06:36
My update did the same thing with the switch to Chinese. Thanks Maxx4wd for helping me fix the issue so fast. I am glad I stumbled upon your thread as I was looking for help!

glad this was helpful...
2019-5-8
Use props
djiuser_7CWpE4kGP7bP
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you guys so much for this! I was having a panic attack last night. Worst update so far. Hope things continue smoothly.
2019-5-9
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

We updated via Assistant 2 and did not run into this issue.
2019-5-15
Use props
HTA_RP-1
lvl.4

United States

patiam Posted at 5-15 08:48
We updated via Assistant 2 and did not run into this issue.

I just updated via Assistant 2 and had to use Maxx4WD process to get back to English.  
2019-5-15
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

HTA_RP-1 Posted at 5-15 11:16
I just updated via Assistant 2 and had to use Maxx4WD process to get back to English.

Interesting. I wonder why we escaped fun 'n games?
2019-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules