Forums talking of P5 cancelled,Mavic 2 future. What about Inspire 3?
2372 17 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Just about every forum or blog that I visit talks about the same theme over and over again: that DJI has been progresively canceling the Phantom line, and will not carry on the development of the unreleased Phantom 5, and that it is putting most of its trust in the Mavic 2 and its Smart Controller. Nobody knows how true this is, don't take what I say as a statement, only what other people are saying. I would seriously like to see a new P5, so don't think i'm trying to ruin it. Point is, everybody is so busy talking about this that they appear to have forgotten that DJI also has the Inspire series. The Inspire 2 drones were released almost 3 years ago, and even though DJI has made software and hardware updates, many people would like to see a completely new model, incorporating many of the new features of the Mavic 2. What do you think about that?
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Pedro Castelani. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insight with us. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations

Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2019-5-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-7 14:02
Hello and good day Pedro Castelani. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insight with us. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI

I rather see they support the Inspire 2, fix the issues they still have, and incorporate the already promised (for nearly a year ago) ProRes RAW for X5S, than releasing a new model with many, many issues.
The Inspire 2 is really a capable drone. And much can be done in software to make it a better tool for photographers and filmmakers. For instance, add a Tint option in DJI Go. And, as already mentioned, ProRes RAW. Hardware wise - solve the battery issues!
2019-5-7
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Rob W Posted at 5-7 21:29
I rather see they support the Inspire 2, fix the issues they still have, and incorporate the already promised ProRes RAW for X5S, then releasing a new model with many, many issues.

double upvote !
2019-5-9
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Triple + upvote!
2019-5-10
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Surprised they haven’t incorporated Ocusync yet.
2019-5-11
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

I´m just wondering... If DJI does in fact make an Inspire 3 with OccuSync 2, could you control it with the new Smart Controller? Would be awesome to have super large drone with great small controller
2019-5-11
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Id like to see an inspire 3 just from a quality of life standpoint

same cameras but better onboard processor (give me raw in compressed formats eg, 7-1, 20-1 etc)
more stable flights (better hover and low speed stability, as well as a more solid decent (i know you're fighting physics, but thats always been the case))
Better video links (friend of mine had a mavic 2 flying recently, dipped behind a tree on the flight path and the signal came through perfect, tried the same thing on the inspire and lost all video signal)
better vibration board to keep the camera smoother (inspire 1 was actually better for this IMO)
make the SSD's cheaper - 1000 quid for a samsung 970 pro is now just a crazy price, they could have been forgiven for charging it 3 years ago when it was new tech)
better PoV camera - this is a really big one for me, the image quality really is no good to try and judge things by, its absolutely aweful, anything  changed at all here will be a massive improvement

I guess you've things like speed and flight time and so on could be done as well, but really what im after is just a V2 of the inspire 2 with a couple of quality of life improvements as otherwise its a great drone.
2019-5-12
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Mike9129 Posted at 5-12 14:12
Id like to see an inspire 3 just from a quality of life standpoint

same cameras but better onboard processor (give me raw in compressed formats eg, 7-1, 20-1 etc)

The video link depends on the OccuSync version... When I said that the new Inspire 3 should have some characteristics of the Mavic 2 series, I definitely included the new video stream tech
2019-5-13
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

I recently became the owner of Maviс-2 Pro and I want to say that this is the best of the drones I have ever used. It is not surprising that DJI invests in - it is compact, comfortable, perfectly balanced. The phantom series has leaving evolutionary. And professionals do not use Inspire. Will not be surprised if DJI start to produce mobile phones or smth similar.
2019-5-14
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Daltair Posted at 5-14 00:02
I recently became the owner of Maviс-2 Pro and I want to say that this is the best of the drones I have ever used. It is not surprising that DJI invests in - it is compact, comfortable, perfectly balanced. The phantom series has leaving evolutionary. And professionals do not use Inspire. Will not be surprised if DJI start to produce mobile phones or smth similar.

"Professionals do not use inspire"

Some do, with many frustrating bugs and issues. The real high end filmography crews generally don't. I've seen a few guys use the i2 and x7 for secondary shots but you can't beat a red 8k full frame camera.
The alta 8 is one of  the most popular I've seen and I don't hear nearly as much bad press about alta's products.
2019-5-14
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Daltair Posted at 5-14 00:02

DJI making cellphones... that would be funny. First drones, then gimbals, now action cameras, tomorrow... who knows?
2019-5-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope they do continue the Inspire line given that the Phantom looks like EOL.
2019-5-14
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

A J Posted at 5-14 12:42
I hope they do continue the Inspire line given that the Phantom looks like EOL.

You're definitely right. You might replace Phantoms with Mavic 2's, but you just can't leave Inspires behind and go only on smaller quads. Mavics are cool drones, but a +4kg beast with moving arms is just... the coolest thing in the world
2019-5-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pedro Castelani Posted at 5-15 09:28
You're definitely right. You might replace Phantoms with Mavic 2's, but you just can't leave Inspires behind and go only on smaller quads. Mavics are cool drones, but a +4kg beast with moving arms is just... the coolest thing in the world

Agreed - leaving a gap between a Mavic 2 and a Matrice 200 would be way too open
2019-5-15
Use props
DroneBandit
lvl.1
United States

Rob W Posted at 5-7 21:29
I rather see they support the Inspire 2, fix the issues they still have, and incorporate the already promised (for nearly a year ago) ProRes RAW for X5S, than releasing a new model with many, many issues.
The Inspire 2 is really a capable drone. And much can be done in software to make it a better tool for photographers and filmmakers. For instance, add a Tint option in DJI Go. And, as already mentioned, ProRes RAW. Hardware wise - solve the battery issues!

"Hardware wise - solve the battery issues!"
AMEN & AMEN! Firmware for Batteries that Trashes Batteries is insane. You FIX Your problems before moving on to the next 'project' IF You like customers spending tons of money w/You. Just lost 4(FOUR) TB50's to the .300 update. Disgusting. Could have been prevented if only had registered and read here 1st.
Now told ("over 6 mos old, so sooorrry"). With "0"(read=ZERO) Cycles on them?!!!
Perhaps coordinating ALL the firmware updates in to 1, for charging station, batteries, X & Z Cameras, RC's would be nice too?
Nothing worse than finally getting a day off and hoping to go flying and (LITERALLY HERE) Spending 6 HOURS Downloading & updating.....everything but stinking props?!
2019-5-15
Use props
DroneBandit
lvl.1
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 5-14 04:06
"Professionals do not use inspire"

Some do, with many frustrating bugs and issues. The real high end filmography crews generally don't. I've seen a few guys use the i2 and x7 for secondary shots but you can't beat a red 8k full frame camera.

"The alta 8 is one of  the most popular I've seen and I don't hear nearly as much bad press about alta's products."
I'll (& tons of customers) stick w/the M600 & Lots of Batteries. Less than half the price of the Alta's & sets up 3x faster. Stable (like a Battleship) is It's Middle Name!
2019-5-15
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

DroneBandit Posted at 5-15 15:35
"The alta 8 is one of  the most popular I've seen and I don't hear nearly as much bad press about alta's products."
I'll (& tons of customers) stick w/the M600 & Lots of Batteries. Less than half the price of the Alta's & sets up 3x faster. Stable (like a Battleship) is It's Middle Name!

I agree that the M600 is probably the most stable of them all, but it still has its problems, and the problems aren't all minor.
Years later, those same problems still exist. Some things are just plain unacceptable to any remote pilot who wants to set the precedent for safety while operating in the NAS moving forward
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules