Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PH4 RTK Praise post
2174 5 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mayehem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

Hey everyone!

I wanted to start a positive post about the Phantom 4 RTK before I dive into the issues I am experiencing. I am guilty as the rest of only coming to forums when something goes wrong. So let's tilt the scale slightly by posting what we like about the PH4 RTK!!

For me the main selling points are:
- COST! Sooo much cheaper than our eBee RTK + base + laptop set up
- It's a quad so I can actually fly it manually without worry. It also doesn't waste time doing large bank turns
- Safety: Sense and avoid options & the fact that I can pause and drop it down when manned aircraft is a concern is such a relief
- Picture preview, the ability to see the photos as they are being take to ensure coverage is great
- It's a photo drone & a mapping drone all in 1! Cuts down on carrying 2 drones in the truck
- Base station is great in open and fairly flat areas been over 2km away and still connecting. Driving to multiple locations to maintain VLOS and leaving the untethered base in one spot is huge!
- Geotagged images right off the SD card
- The ability to use NADIR & 0deg geotagged images opens up many possibilities
Feel free to add your favorite things about this new capable mapping drone, then we can get back to the neagtives!
2019-5-7
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

The P4 RTK is a great system. We regularly see clients producing maps within 1-2 cm RMSE of real world positions without ground control points. One recommendation would be to enable the Image Dewarp setting or some software can produce less accurate photogrammetry results. You can also Dewarp images using this open source project (requires a bit of coding knowledge at this point) dji-dewarp

Thanks JP
https://dronemapper.com
2019-5-7
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Mayehem-

Awwww, that's so gracious of you to make the effort to say something nice before piling on with those of us that have complaints... (especially for someone that was stuck in Chinese language mode after a glitchy firmware upgrade!)

I'll admit to going straight to the complaint box on some issues, while on others I tried to swish the pom-poms and jump as high as possible as long as I could. All the points you stated are good reasons to sing the praises of the P4R in theory. I too am a long time eBee RTK user so the lower cost of the P4R is a big deal. An affordable RTK rotary wing AC is definitely in high demand.

So far, there have been some hurdles to overcome with the system. But here's hoping we're able to iron them out for the benefit of all users!
2019-5-7
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

are your batteries crashing down your RTK birds?
2019-5-8
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Alvaro L Posted at 5-8 00:04
are your batteries crashing down your RTK birds?

quiza tenga algo que ver con esto, tema de soldaduras

2019-5-8
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

DroneMapper Posted at 5-7 15:35
The P4 RTK is a great system. We regularly see clients producing maps within 1-2 cm RMSE of real world positions without ground control points. One recommendation would be to enable the Image Dewarp setting or some software can produce less accurate photogrammetry results. You can also Dewarp images using this open source project (requires a bit of coding knowledge at this point) dji-dewarp

Thanks JP

Hey DroneMapper,

You can go to images settings and check Distortion correction and fly the missions like that. Have not checked in the data to make sure it isn't overridden because I only go there to make sure it's off.
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules