How Do You Use the SD Card of the Smart Controller?
10778 13 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

What purpose do you make of the SD card in the Smart Controller? I wish that it could be set up to mirror the SD card in the aircraft much like the 2nd card in a dual slot dSLR. It would be wonderful to have a back-up of everything that you are shooting in case your bird gets lost. Anyway, how do you put it to use?
2019-5-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I use it to upgrade storage memory for cache videos
2019-5-7
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

You can more or less do that manually.

After you take a picture or video, use the icon under the Camera Settings icon to display/review your images.  You can then download the file to the SC.  Be aware that while photos go pretty quickly, videos can take 5 or more minutes.  Those functions will use the battery in the drone (also the controller).  If flying, you may be stuck in download mode.  So use caution when downloading while still flying.

2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We've verified this query with our related department and found out that the files in the SD card of the aircraft can be saved as well with the same resolution to the external storage of the Smart Controller. For further information, you may see the images below. Thank you for your support.

2019-5-8
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-8 10:41
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We've verified this query with our related department and found out that the files in the SD card of the aircraft can be saved as well with the same resolution to the external storage of the Smart Controller. For further information, you may see the images below. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

Thanks DJI Tony for doing the research to find an answer to my question, I appreciate it.
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 5-8 19:18
Thanks DJI Tony for doing the research to find an answer to my question, I appreciate it.

You're most welcome! Please let us know if you have other queries. Cheers!
2019-5-9
Use props
fans08b4e6cc
New
United States

If I have a 238gb card in the smart controller, do I need one in the drone? What would be the benefit, and would it simultaneously save to both just the same?
2019-6-21
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Deleted..
2019-6-22
Use props
freelance
lvl.2
United States

fans08b4e6cc Posted at 6-21 19:29
If I have a 238gb card in the smart controller, do I need one in the drone? What would be the benefit, and would it simultaneously save to both just the same?

4K videos (and any size greater than HD resolution) are only downloaded to the smart controller at HD resolution. So if you want to shoot and save more 4K videos than available in the 8G of drone storage (about 10 minutes of video), you need a card in the drone.
2019-6-22
Use props
DeF-1
New
United States

Thanks so much freelance!
2019-6-22
Use props
djiuser_BpoC1A12JGco
lvl.1

United Kingdom

the video files stored in the SC are only cashe? Wont upload to my iMac?
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_JmybLRPtjkeP
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased a Air 2s with a smart controller. There are no options to "Auto Sync HD Photos". I'd really like this option and want to know if there is a way to enable it.
2022-2-12
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14961 ft
Canada

As far as I can see, the smart controller card is sort of a backup but, in my case, a poor one at that. It's probably because of the mountains where I live but I do experience a fair amount of signal drop when I get out too far. No where near the prescribed limit but a couple of kms. out. And if there is signal drop I can only assume that anything recording on the controller itself won't be recording thru that.
2022-3-30
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-5-8 10:41

[view_image]

I am using Software Version 1.6.1 in the Smart Controller to fly the Mini2, and the screens I can find to do with the SD that is plugged into the SC at the top, are not like the ones you have so willingly put up to help, and I think it is the update that I am using, has changed a few things?  We need an updated manual with these things listed.  PLEASE. . .
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules