DJI - Unleash your other side
34298 407 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 660 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 5-10 05:42
This would be great, but I highly doubt we'll see the 1" sensor or D-DLOG.  I would bet it will be the same 12MP 1/2.3" sensor as is in the Osmo Pocket and with very similar specs and interface.  I would guess it will have a much wider field of view compared to the Pocket though.

I think the biggest question is whether it will have good enough electronic stabilization to match or exceed the competition?  I hope it does.

I’ve just seen these images of supposedly Osmo action, yes it looks like they will Be challenging go pro, with what looks like screen front and back, I hear rumours €399 so same price as GP7 , if it is a stable as OP and has all the features .
With go pro company having real problems over the last few years and dji entering the market and we know they like to dominate markets, also taking into account all the bad blood between these two companies since the phantom 2, fun times ahead.

2019-5-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-10 05:48
From my perspective, its a great move for DJI.  I'm guessing a lot of the internals and software development will have been shared with the Osmo Pocket, so it will allow for them for another revenue stream off of that existing R&D they've invested.

You are right about phones taking incredible images, but I think people use action cameras in many situations they just don't want to risk it with their phone.  My phone is my daily life camera for random photos and videos, but I go to my Hero7 for a ton of situations I just wouldn't want to put my phone into.

The big problem I see is that GoPro has saturated the market with action cameras so much so that they are laying off workers. Also DJI is a lot like apple in the way they hold back features for future product releases when they are capable of so much more.. I hate what market strategy does to tech these days...
2019-5-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Addison C Dayley Posted at 5-10 06:53
I hope the do 6K raw 1inch sensor 20 megapixel so they really outshine the GoPro and creat some great competition!

Those features will come with the release of the osmo action v3...
2019-5-10
Use props
MP2884
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23320 ft
Austria

Replies reward +5 Points

ok, interesting :-)
2019-5-10
Use props
Dog Flight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3432156 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Toedles Posted at 5-9 23:00
Mmmm, does it fly or not?

Yes, it comes with the slingshot so you can launch it.
2019-5-10
Use props
Norbert006
New

United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 5-10 07:40
The big problem I see is that GoPro has saturated the market with action cameras so much so that they are laying off workers. Also DJI is a lot like apple in the way they hold back features for future product releases when they are capable of so much more.. I hate what market strategy does to tech these days...

Out of curiosity, what example do you have that Apple has “held back” on technology in its products until future releases for the sake of doing so- without cost consideration, etc. I’d love to know what “inside” information you have. Or if you’re just blowing nonsense.
2019-5-10
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hahaha, absolutely.....
2019-5-10
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Dog Flight Posted at 5-10 08:19
Yes, it comes with the slingshot so you can launch it.

Maybe its a submersible camera with a helium balloon attached for a smooth ascent into the air
2019-5-10
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

Today first photos of the product box have been leaked: it is an action cam, looks like the graphics above, name is Osmo Action, and it seems to have a fisheye look (video has been removed from YT)
2019-5-10
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

I would also love to see DJI making some kind of VTOL/fixed wing drone for agriculture and things. An underwater ROV or submarine would also be awesome. After all, you can use drones to get selfies from the air, but what about hands-free selfies inside the water?
2019-5-10
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Pedro Castelani Posted at 5-10 10:18
I would also love to see DJI making some kind of VTOL/fixed wing drone for agriculture and things. An underwater ROV or submarine would also be awesome. After all, you can use drones to get selfies from the air, but what about hands-free selfies inside the water?

Just to make things clear, DJI never said it had anything to do with said VTOL. Would be lovely though...
2019-5-10
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Maybe a submersible drone?
2019-5-10
Use props
charliedelta
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Have they been known to do this? I haven't followed the company for very long. I would love to see an updated Spark and/or MA. Stock for the Spark Fly More Combo on BestBuy.com has dwindled down to just white and green shells, and B&H flat out says it has been discontinued. There have been interesting price reductions on the MA at BB and B&H recently, while the red MA combo has been out of stock on BB.com for a while now. Makes me wonder...
2019-5-10
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I kinda hope it is something fro the air....
2019-5-10
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Maybe a new mavic again?
2019-5-10
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

Actually, it would be cool to have a submarine....
2019-5-10
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

But where would I use it?
2019-5-10
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

Still, I doubt that it will be for underwater only use....
2019-5-10
Use props
charliedelta
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Mkurr Posted at 5-10 11:51
Still, I doubt that it will be for underwater only use....

Interesting choice to make the event teaser all about an underwater environment when releasing an action camera that will probably be used on land just as often as it is used underwater.
2019-5-10
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Addison C Dayley Posted at 5-8 16:41
I still think the phantom 5 is possibility

That what some of the leaks say.  How do I get to know someone that leaks information?!?!

2019-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Doesn’t look like it’s a P5.

2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 07:08
I’ve just seen these images of supposedly Osmo action, yes it looks like they will Be challenging go pro, with what looks like screen front and back, I hear rumours €399 so same price as GP7 , if it is a stable as OP and has all the features .
With go pro company having real problems over the last few years and dji entering the market and we know they like to dominate markets, also taking into account all the bad blood between these two companies since the phantom 2, fun times ahead.

An underwater action camera then... If only it had wings
2019-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 5-10 12:46
An underwater action camera then... If only it had wings

I’m certain someone will make a bracket to attach to a M2 .
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 12:52
I’m certain someone will make a bracket to attach to a M2 .

Very true - great potential! I think this is it!
2019-5-10
Use props
Addison C Dayley
lvl.3
United States

charliedelta Posted at 5-10 11:39
Have they been known to do this? I haven't followed the company for very long. I would love to see an updated Spark and/or MA. Stock for the Spark Fly More Combo on BestBuy.com has dwindled down to just white and green shells, and B&H flat out says it has been discontinued. There have been interesting price reductions on the MA at BB and B&H recently, while the red MA combo has been out of stock on BB.com for a while now. Makes me wonder...

Yeah, I have the spark (white) and love the little drone and hope they make a spark 2!
2019-5-10
Use props
Snakelover
lvl.4

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Cant Wait!
2019-5-10
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Replies reward +5 Points

A Sports Cam with Osmo Pocket features = My dream
2019-5-10
Use props
Addison C Dayley
lvl.3
United States

VigilanteDrones Posted at 5-10 11:58
That what some of the leaks say.  How do I get to know someone that leaks information?!?!
it Would be nice to have a legit source for leaks!
2019-5-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Mate I get it but if GoPro cant make a go of it and they literally made this market then good luck to DJI and good bye to GoPro unless there is a buyout somewhere!

The action market is flooded with rip offs and copies but Gopro always seem to come through, maybe DJI can take them, (now with hassleblad under their belt) still a tricky market enter we DJI are known mainly for drone tech and not action tech, that said it would be cool to have a one stop shop, the only issue is innovation, but do GoPro and DJI really compete for the same market? Probably not but if they want to move into a market the acquisition of HB is not a bad thing.

Where is OsitaLV? fror the looks of i he is pushing the GoPro called OSMO Action
2019-5-10
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

From the dji Instagram.  My guess is still an actioncam.
Screenshot_20190511-003008_Instagram.jpg
2019-5-10
Use props
ViDeo Creator jP
First Officer
Flight distance : 5076998 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

Replies reward +5 Points

I'm really looking forward to it!!!
2019-5-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

If DJI releases a waterproof action cam BEFORE they release the waterproof housing for the Osmo Pocket a lot of people are going to lose it.

loseit.gif
2019-5-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Toedles Posted at 5-9 23:17
A quiet Mavic Air.......?

Agreed. The Mavic Air 2 with quieter motors and props and a little longer battery life and range would be superb.
dollar.gif
2019-5-10
Use props
Addison C Dayley
lvl.3
United States

Bing Err Posted at 5-10 19:47
If DJI releases a waterproof action cam BEFORE they release the waterproof housing for the Osmo Pocket a lot of people are going to lose it.[Image]

haha
2019-5-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I hope it doesn't look just like the GoPro. There's already a ton of crappy GoPro knock-offs out there.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you're right. I guess if it supports 240fps at 1080p then I'm on board. Wonder how it will compare to GoPro 7's stabilization.
2019-5-10
Use props
Addison C Dayley
lvl.3
United States

Is am hoping DJI will make there own version of the “GoPro session” sometime, but with 4K. It is nice having a ultra small and light cam to put on drones and etc...
2019-5-10
Use props
Addison C Dayley
lvl.3
United States

Bing Err Posted at 5-10 19:58
I hope it doesn't look just like the GoPro. There's already a ton of crappy GoPro knock-offs out there.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you're right. I guess if it supports 240fps at 1080p then I'm on board. Wonder how it will compare to GoPro 7's stabilization.[Image]

I hope the lenses can be replaced for when they get broken like the GoPro 7 can.
2019-5-10
Use props
Addison C Dayley
lvl.3
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 5-10 14:31
From the dji Instagram.  My guess is still an actioncam.[Image]

Yeah it looks like it will be a action camera, unless it is a new drone that can fly and go underwater. But I am definitely thinking it’s going to be the camera
2019-5-10
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Replies reward +5 Points

Hope it is at least the waterproof case for the Osmo Pocket with some extra accessories
2019-5-10
Use props
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Replies reward +5 Points

The really crazy part of this  ... I know exactly that I will order it as soon as it's available. DJI-addicted me ;)
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules